Where would you rank Dak?

Nav22

Reaction score
All of those games that the offense struggled to score more than once a game and Dak’s sub-200 yard games only looks good to those that know football?
“What do yards/attempt mean?”

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I think that all this discussion should be put to bed by the end of the season. To me, this is Dak's make it or break it season. He has all the pieces to be successful, minus a great coaching staff, that is yet to be seen IMO. This is the year we can all have a much better insight into how good Dak can be IMO.

Hasn’t he been successful? I don’t understand when people say this. He’s a 4th round guy who needed development and was pushed into the brightest of lights in professional sports. You don’t get any brighter then the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

He’s had to learn on the fly, and develop in a NFL where the offseason is limited in practices in the offseason. He’s overachieved to this point in his career, to the point that he’s played himself into a mega deal. People talk about playoff failures. In 2016 he outplayed Rodgers and if the def could’ve made a stop he probably plays in the Super Bowl.

Fans sell him short because he’s not what they want or wanted at QB for this team. He’s turned himself from a system QB in college to a legit pro QB now. When players like Wentz, Goff played in more of a traditional offense and they couldn’t do it. They were bad. Dak has transformed his game and developed. It hasn’t always been pretty but it’s been good enough that this team has more wins except for one that has won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls.

I do think they have had good coaching philosophy. Linehan has a very good scheme for Dak but he never expanded it. If he would implemented some more play action or some routes that freed up wrs naturally instead of depending on them to get open I think he’s still coaching for Dallas. We saw that late in the yr when play calling was kinda taken from him some per reports. We saw the offense open up and we saw a lot of 3rd down success with the te use.

I read how dak has the pieces that’s why he’s successful. Well Rodgers hasn’t had the peices and he’s been bad. A couple yrs ago Brees didn’t have the peices and the fans wanted him gone. QBs need weapons to win. Doesn’t matter who you are. Even Brady, he’s had Gronk and probably the smartest wrs in the game with guys like Edelman and hogan and Amendola, going back to Welker and Moss.

Dak is one of the better QBs in the NFL and he’s getting better. The organization is getting him weapons to get it done. It’s laughable that some fans see this as a negative and a reason to criticize Dak for it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wins AND stats say Dak’s a good QB.

Only clowns who don’t know football say otherwise.
ahhh, the same ole Dak lover defense...if you don't agree with them then you must not know football, only Dak lovers know football!!! yet just like me they are sitting behind a keyboard arguing a stupid topic...whoopiee....

stats actually say, Dak is average.....but then again the selected stats prove your point...just not the entirety of the stats

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
what im trying to show you is his team is 2nd to only bradys in wins. if you want to take it furthur he has lead the team to the most game winning drives in his time in the nfl. Theres no contridiction im not going based on stats, im going on team wins.

But if you want to take it further, late in games the ball isnt in Elliots hands, but Daks.

If you want to ask my how i rate him in terms of success in today rather then the course of careers

Brady
Mahomes
Brees
Luck
Dak
why are you upset. I just pointed to your own post and your own comments...

late in the games...the ball is in Zeke's hand...when we try to win and seal wins....

the question is if Dak is so good in winning games and coming back..why can't he just get a lead and keep it in the first 3.5 quarters...

and I am glad you are giving all the credit to Dak for all the wins..the rest of the team is chumps...except for the great OL he needs, the #1 WR he needs, the great RB he needs and the defense he needs to help him....I mean God knows he won the Saints game all by his lonesome...all of the 13 points all by himself...good for dak

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well..

Dak is good because of the players around him. The system is bland and basic.

Goff is good because his coach is outfoaching everyone.

Dak is at the very least clutch. Goff plays scared.
debatable....maybe our coaches protected Dak...because given what I have seen he needs to be protected....

that same system produced top offenses prior.....so system being bland and basic doesn't make sense.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak lovers and their brains........

giphy.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
why are you upset. I just pointed to your own post and your own comments...

late in the games...the ball is in Zeke's hand...when we try to win and seal wins....

the question is if Dak is so good in winning games and coming back..why can't he just get a lead and keep it in the first 3.5 quarters...

and I am glad you are giving all the credit to Dak for all the wins..the rest of the team is chumps...except for the great OL he needs, the #1 WR he needs, the great RB he needs and the defense he needs to help him....I mean God knows he won the Saints game all by his lonesome...all of the 13 points all by himself...good for dak

Dak gets all the credit for the wins, even when he plays poorly (like Oakland in 2017) but none of the real blame for the losses.

That usually falls on the defense or Garrett.

Sydla

Reaction score
rothlisberger...

I like Newton, when he is focused.... but he has lacked support for some time and now he is injured...too many hits.

I mentioned Big Ben in my first post.

Newton is a horribly inconsistent passer. I’d take Dak over him fairly easily.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ranking qb's is silly, better to look at the bottom line, do they get in the playoffs recently and how did they do?
Also some qb's throw way more than dak so they will look better passing and in those stats.
each qb is on a different team with different coaches and players.
Dak played good enough to go from 3-5 to 10-6 and win one PO game, that is more than some of the qb's people are ranking above him.

Just answer this, would dak be a better qb if he played for NE ?? I think he would.
If he played for the chiefs? again I think he would.
If you brought mayfield here to dallas and let garrett coach him up and design the plays would he be great? ......I doubt it.

In fact if you survey the current "good " qb's, I doubt any of them would want to come play for dallas with garrett and linehan or now kellen.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak gets all the credit for the wins, even when he plays poorly (like Oakland in 2017) but none of the real blame for the losses.

That usually falls on the defense or Garrett.
to make your statement have less validity lol
I will say that all of the losses are at least partly on dak.
it isnt like he plays great and they still lose lol.
But when they lose it is also other players and coaches to blame along with ol Dak.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ranking qb's is silly, better to look at the bottom line, do they get in the playoffs recently and how did they do?
Also some qb's throw way more than dak so they will look better passing and in those stats.
each qb is on a different team with different coaches and players.
Dak played good enough to go from 3-5 to 10-6 and win one PO game, that is more than some of the qb's people are ranking above him.

Just answer this, would dak be a better qb if he played for NE ?? I think he would.
If he played for the chiefs? again I think he would.
If you brought mayfield here to dallas and let garrett coach him up and design the plays would he be great? ......I doubt it.

In fact if you survey the current "good " qb's, I doubt any of them would want to come play for dallas with garrett and linehan or now kellen.

I won’t defend Garrett but it’s not accurate to blame the shortcomings of Dak just on the coaching staff. I absolutely think if you brpight Mayfield here he would end up better than Dak.

And sure Dak might be better in NE, but he wouldn’t be as good as other QBs if they played in NE themselves.

Sydla

Reaction score
to make your statement have less validity lol
I will say that all of the losses are at least partly on dak.
it isnt like he plays great and they still lose lol.
But when they lose it is also other players and coaches to blame along with ol Dak.

I actually won’t quibble with much of that.

Nav22

Reaction score
ahhh, the same ole Dak lover defense...if you don't agree with them then you must not know football, only Dak lovers know football!!! yet just like me they are sitting behind a keyboard arguing a stupid topic...whoopiee....

stats actually say, Dak is average.....but then again the selected stats prove your point...just not the entirety of the stats
Stats say Dak was fantastic after the Cooper trade and fantastic as a rookie. He was average in other portions of his young career.

32-16 record and outstanding play for most of your career? From a 4th-round pick who’s entering his 4th season? A kid who’s a natural-born leader and is as clutch as they come?

Uh, yeah, I’ll take that all day. He’s about to get PAID for a reason.

GMO415

Reaction score
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Mahomes
5. Wilson
6. Rivers
7. Luck
8. Ryan
9.(Maybe Dak) Few others I lump together around here. Wentz/Goff/Watson/Newton/Roethlisberger/Stafford
Then everyone else.
Dak could be better than Ryan