Where would you rank Dak?

Sydla

Reaction score
If you go by winning, he’s top 10.

If you go by stats, he’s top 10.

If you go by “eye test” because you have a personal issue with him and his success, DAK SUX LOLZ!

He’s winning at life and his haters are losing at life. It’s fantastic!

What stats and what period?

Mahomes only has one full year under his belt but only a fool would take Dak over Mahomes at this point. DeShaun Watson has only played two seasons so he probably doesn't have the yardage and TD totals Dak has, but again, he's probably a better QB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Can’t you get all of the sock puppets that you use to like your own babbling posts to throw me a like? Unlike you they are inconsequential to me, I don’t even think about them. Although I did resolve to start handing out likes to you every time you somehow made it through a post without crying about retired Cowboy QBs... so here’s a “like”. You’re finally maturing a little bit.
Romo says, "HI, Sk. Keep up the fight for me." :laugh:

nobody

Reaction score
I'd currently rate him between 11-15 with the potential to be much better. Show my work? Pfft, that assumes that I care what others think my opinion on him is. I support him and believe in him but he has a lot to work on to improve. It's really hard to rank QB's given that they don't all run the same system. Wins/Losses are a team stat. Completions/Incompletions depend on the receiver and offensive playcalling, etc. Should some QB's be ranked higher or lower based on having a better or worse stable of receivers or much better or worse coaching?

Dak needs to work on his footwork, accuracy, internal clock, ability to read the defense, and qb101 throws (which should be improved by footwork and internal clock improvement). He has good leadership qualities. He listens to his fellow players (like when Amari came in and made suggestions). He's athletic, healthy, can run well and has average accuracy. He works well when when the team is losing to try to make up points, but he usually helps build that deficit in the early quarters. Is he a bus driver or below average? Heck no. He isn't elite yet either (but I believe that the potential is there.) I think his biggest setback was the Atlanta game in '17 that seemed to have wrecked his confidence and clock and it took him nearly a year to recover.

With a healthy O-line to protect him and him working on his weaknesses this off-season and not having to deal with Linehan's poor OCing, I think we'll see a lot of improvement from him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What stats and what period?

Mahomes only has one full year under his belt but only a fool would take Dak over Mahomes at this point. DeShaun Watson has only played two seasons so he probably doesn't have the yardage and TD totals Dak has, but again, he's probably a better QB.
Probly are. If the chiefs sustain injuries and suspensions next year and more is left on his shoulders we will see. Same with watson. I guess we was injured or something and only played about 7 games last year. It will be interesting to see if they have the second year slump or continue to play at a high level.

We have a pretty descent look at Dak. I wouldn’t mind either way if they want to sign him now or wait. I think he will be better this year. Having a healthier O-Line and another year with the starting WR will help. I don’t think he has hit his ceiling yet. Just not sure how much further up he will go.

Sydla

Reaction score
Probly are. If the chiefs sustain injuries and suspensions next year and more is left on his shoulders we will see. Same with watson. I guess we was injured or something and only played about 7 games last year. It will be interesting to see if they have the second year slump or continue to play at a high level.

We have a pretty descent look at Dak. I wouldn’t mind either way if they want to sign him now or wait. I think he will be better this year. Having a healthier O-Line and another year with the starting WR will help. I don’t think he has hit his ceiling yet. Just not sure how much further up he will go.

Watson played in 7 games in 2017. He played a full season in 2018.

kumizi

Reaction score
Brady
Rodgers
Wilson
Mahomes
Brees
Roethlisberger
Rivers
Luck

are all no brainers better than him

Wentz (if healthy)
Newton (if healthy)
Goff (probably)
Cousins (probably)
Ryan (probably)
Stafford (probably)

are probably better than him

Baker Mayfield is just in his second year but I'd take him over Dak

Deshaun Watson, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, Trubisky, etc are probably who I would group Dak with.

For me, he is in that 15-20 range.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lord, How many posts a day can this board discuss good Dak verses bad Dak ? Although it does prove to be very entertaining for non Cowboys fans.
its the offseason. its couple about a week before draft. so another week of this. then about 3 weeks of draftee discussion and OTAs...then we hit June July and tempers will flare and dak will be the main topic of discussion, so I figure another 19000 posts at least...probably 45 new threads....and other threads spinning into dak debate.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
This seems like a weirdly extreme take on a guy with 0 conference championship appearances and 1 postseason win in 3 years.

In 2016 Dak outplayed Rodgers, the team didnt lose because of him.

3 playoff games
804 yrds 5td 2int 95.7rating 2 rushing tds

so he has 7 total tds in 3 games

ill just say Romo had 8tds in 6 games

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The NFL QB Royalty - Brady, Rodgers, Brees

The Savvy Vets - Rivers, Wilson, Ryan

The Young Gunslingers - Mahomes, Watson

I Don't Know What to Call Them but Likely Better than Dak - Luck

That's 9 guys right there. I think Mayfield will be a better QB than Dak (in other words, I'd trade Dak for Mayfield straight up right now). Big Ben? Hmmm, time has ravaged him but he's probably still better than Dak. Last year, he was criticized for his play and still put up a 96 QB rating and a QBR of 73. He's on a seven year run of QB ratings of 92 or above.

So now 11th at best.

He's in the gaggle with Goff and Wentz and some others outside the Top 10.

no Roth? Stafford? Newton?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m close to this. I wouldn’t put Rodgers above the GOAT but I would probably replace Ryan with Roth and keep Dak around 9. I just think Dak is less prone to choke than Ryan. I might even take Dak over Rivers.
regardless of what's said, Ryan was in the superbowl and close to winning it until his OC called a dumb play

Swagger

Reaction score
People regarding Sam Darnold like a scrub after playing behind an awful O-Line without any weapons. Very fickle. He will flip the script next season just watch.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If your going to rank him as a singular entity then ur doing a disservice to the team because it’s a team game. If you want to rank him on importance and success, he’s second only to Brady. 2nd in wins and first overall in game winning drives
wait....you just contradicted yourself in one sentence...first you say ranking him on a singular entity is doing the team disservice, then you say he is only 2nd to brady on a singular entity...... ***?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am generally curious who he leaves out of his Top 5 to put Dak in.

Brees, Brady, Rodgers have to be in there. Mahomes as well. So is he saying Dak is better than Russell Wilson? Or is Rodgers out?

Inquiring minds want to know.
or dak better than Luck? really....and better than rivers? really....you are right...the guy was probably drunk