Where would you rank Dak?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Alot of you are calling Dak mediocre and middle of the pack. I think the team saw the OC as mediocre. Of course people like you think you know more then the team. People like you and view my posts and think these are my opinions of the team. They arent, those that have read my posts of the past know i rarely post what i think but recapp what the team is doing. And try to put a litttle bit of my opinion on why they might against people who think just because they can play madden, they can run the franchise.

Nav22

Reaction score
he was a total bus driver as a rookie. make no mistakes. let zeke run us to victory. he was totally and absolutely expected to just be the bus driver.

and you make a great point about cooper...Dak needs a very strong supporting cast to succeed... like a #1 WR, a great OL, a strong backfield and a defense that can pull out a few games...

he will get paid, but not sure what that has to do anything about where he ranks in the NFL among other QBs...

but it seems like Dak lovers are going with a new strategy since all the stats haven't helped them....now, all you Dak lovers say is....he is going to get paid....deal with it or something to that effect

even if he gets paid the highest QB contract ever....he would still be an average QB.
You can call it whatever the hell you want. 29 total TD, 4 INT and the #1 seed in the NFC was an OUTSTANDING rookie year... the best in NFL history, in fact.

Hahahaha Zeke “ran us to victory”? What league have you been watching? Since when do RBs win games on their own? Would Emmitt have won without Aikman? Why didn’t Barry Sanders even come CLOSE to winning anything? Why were the Giants so bad despite Saquon’s great rookie year?

Your perception of 2018 is hilarious. When did we have a great OL??? They were average without Frederick and with Martin/Tyron banged up as well. Ranked 14th by PFF.

LOL saying Zeke and Cooper are the reason we won is like saying Emmitt and Irvin led us to greatness and not giving Aikman any credit. Why is QB the most critical position for 31 teams but NOT the Cowboys?

83 TD, 27 INT through 3 seasons while winning 2/3 of his games, plus a playoff game. What kind of moron thinks that’s what an “average bus driver QB” does?

You’re close in that I’ll bring up his contract, but I won’t say “deal with it.” I’ll invite you to cry about it all you want. You deserve the sadness because you’re a jealous know-nothing who has personal issues with your favorite football team’s starting QB.

Dak’s winning and you’re losing at life. Cry about it! Bottle up those SWEET tears and send ‘em my way!
:laugh:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Specifically.

1.?
2.?
3.?
4.?
5.?
6.?
7.?
8.?
9.?
10.?

Where do you slot him and who above and below?

And if he’s outside the top ten by all means show your work as well.

“Top ten” , “Top fifteen” etc are abstract concepts without people occupying the spots. So what say you?

Johnny23

Reaction score
1.Tom Brady
2.Patrick Mahomes
3. Drew Brees
4. Aaron Rodgers
5.Russell Wilson
6.Andrew Luck
7.Big Ben
8. Phillip Rivers
9.Matt Ryan
10. Deshaun Watson

That's my top in the NFL. Matt Ryan is slightly underrated and slightly overrated. He is better than a lot of people on the boards give him credit for but outside the top tier.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Alot of you are calling Dak mediocre and middle of the pack. I think the team saw the OC as mediocre. Of course people like you think you know more then the team. People like you and view my posts and think these are my opinions of the team. They arent, those that have read my posts of the past know i rarely post what i think but recapp what the team is doing. And try to put a litttle bit of my opinion on why they might against people who think just because they can play madden, they can run the franchise.
:huh:

RoboQB

Reaction score
No order:
Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Brees
Wentz
Goff
Wilson
Ryan
Rivers
Watson
Luck
Mayfield
Jimmy G
Stafford
Foles

All are without a doubt better. I dont want to hear anything about a damn w/l record, because any of those QBs could get 11 wins on this team.

Debatable:
Cam
Winston
Cousins
Trubisky

All of these QBs have put up seasons with better stats than Dak, but are mostly inconsistent

We are pretty close so you saved me from doing a list.
I gotta admit, I didn't include Wentz... probably mostly an Eagles hatred thing.
I omitted Foles. Completely forgot about him. However, I got to see a full season from him first.
I thought about Stafford but left him off. The dude has talent. I wonder what kind of career he would've had
on a different team.
I included Cam. He's a freak of nature at QB. I wish Dallas would run Dak nearly as often as Cam does.
Jimmy G was on my list too. I want to see a full season but I've watched him a lot. He has the "IT" factor.
Not a Winston fan at all.
Cousins seems to play small in big games, but the talent is there. This should be his best year. We'll see.
Trubisky may find his way on the list next year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd say he's probably around #13 or so. He might be headed for better things before all is said and done. He'll need to prove it, though.

jay94

Reaction score
I won’t defend Garrett but it’s not accurate to blame the shortcomings of Dak just on the coaching staff. I absolutely think if you brpight Mayfield here he would end up better than Dak.

And sure Dak might be better in NE, but he wouldn’t be as good as other QBs if they played in NE themselves.

I will say it has only been one season, but Mayfield at this point is at least one echelon ahead of Dak. I may be the one of the few, but I watched all, but one of the Browns games last year.

Swagger

Reaction score
I'll bite.

Top Tier: (Franchise carriers)

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Wilson
Luck

Good QBs:

Mahommes (can elevate to top level very soon)
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Phillip Rivers
Big Ben
Baker Mayfield

Guys that can win with the right pieces:

Dak Prescott
Jared Goff
Nick Foles
Carson Wentz
Deshaun Watson
Kirk Cousins

Middle of the road:

Andy Dalton
Marcus Mariota
Mitch Trubisky
Derek Carr
Matt Stafford

Bottom Tier/Washed Up:

Eli Manning
Case Keenum
Joe Flacco
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jamies Winston

Remains to be seen:

Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson
Jimmy Garappolo

The most objective list I have seen on this forum.

Personally I would place Weintz in the "good QB" list as for me he was the Regular Season league MVP in 2017 and I would probably lift Jamies Winston to the "middle of the road" list but aside from that I completely agree.

The "remains to be seen" this is spot on so based on your list above Prescott is arguably 15-20 QB in the league which I would go along with.

I don't blame or question Prescott for wanting to make as much money as he could. Most of us would do the same in his position. The issue is that if you pay a Top 15-20 QB, Top 5 QB money then you are even more unlikely to win a Superbowl.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The most objective list I have seen on this forum.

Personally I would place Weintz in the "good QB" list as for me he was the Regular Season league MVP in 2017 and I would probably lift Jamies Winston to the "middle of the road" list but aside from that I completely agree.

The "remains to be seen" this is spot on so based on your list above Prescott is arguably 15-20 QB in the league which I would go along with.

I don't blame or question Prescott for wanting to make as much money as he could. Most of us would do the same in his position. The issue is that if you pay a Top 15-20 QB, Top 5 QB money then you are even more unlikely to win a Superbowl.

Brady MVP .

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
1. Brady(He still has it until I see otherwise)
2. Mahomes(looks like production will hold)
3. Breeze(this might be the year production falls)
4. Rogers(***hole)
5. Rivers
6. Wilson
7. Big Ben
8. Luck
9. M. Ryan
10. Watson
11. Dak
12. Goff

Swagger

Reaction score
Brady MVP .
Yes just stating that Weinz was the real MVP that season.

It's a bit of joke that because he well effectively missed one possibly two games (he would have sat out at least one game at the end of the regular season) that he suddenly lost the right to become MVP despite having thrown 33 TD's, 7 Interceptions and just scored a TD with a torn ACL on his last drive. If he was a Cowboy then we would all argue the same so i'm just being objective.

Swagger

Reaction score
Much like Russell Wilson was the real MVP in the 2015 season and in my opinion Aaron Rodgers in the 2016 season. Wow he carried the Packers to the Play Offs that season.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Matt Ryan is overrated...he has a good oline had 2 RBs 1 pro bowler..arguably the best WR and always had weapons. Dak had a injured Dez.. 3 backup Olineman and No TE...Ryan is terrible in the playoffs . not clutch & chokes in big situations .. hes Matt Stafford at best.. Dak is a top 10-12 QB this will be his telling year....

Lulz, smh.

Meanwhile, Dak had arguably the league’s best o-line in 2016 (and still had top talent in Martin and Smith), the league’s best RB the past three seasons. You claim he sucks in the playoffs yet he’s led his team to the Super Bowl and gone 20 TDs/7 100 QB rating in 10 appearances. So what has Dak done in the postseason?

Oh, let me guess? It’s everyone else’s fault.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak is somewhere in the mid to late teens and thats because he stacked with talent around him. Thats where the debate comes in. Where would he be ranked on another team with lesser talent like the dolphins.

• 3,885 passing yards ranks 15th.
  • 22 passing tds ranks 16th
  • 8 int ranks 8th
  • QBR of 57.7 ranks 17th

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Specifically.

1.?
2.?
3.?
4.?
5.?
6.?
7.?
8.?
9.?
10.?

Where do you slot him and who above and below?

And if he’s outside the top ten by all means show your work as well.

“Top ten” , “Top fifteen” etc are abstract concepts without people occupying the spots. So what say you?

10-15 is where he currently resides and moving up. In 3 years with older QB's retiring/getting old and his maturation he will definitely slide up to 5-10. When you combine that with his leadership and clutch abilities, that is all we need.

Now whether that amounts to anything we shall see. As long as Garrett is here and any other puppet coach I have my doubts. Sadly, Moore is going to determine a lot.

Brady, Mahones, Rogers, Luck, Brees, Ben, Wilson, Mayfield, Rivers, Watson, Ryan, Stafford, Prescott, Wentz, Garrapolo, Newton

Last edited: