Where's the "like" button for the banner at the top of the page?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I don't understand it personally.

Everyone wants what is best for this organization.

Rooting for losses in what could very well be a lost season doesn't make you a hater or someone who doesn't love this team.

Reasonable people can disagree on whether winning out or losing put is better for this franchise in the long run.

The banner by mods is seemingly in bad taste. Just as those who can only post negative things about this organization.

Agreed. The goal is to field the best team possible to try and get a SB before we start our next QB search. But I guess it makes people who think the season is over fake/bad/pessimist/insert other negative term fans. I want an easier schedule and the best ability to add talent to this roster when we actually have a shot at a SB. Guess that means I'm not a "real" fan.

weaver21

Reaction score
I don't understand people calling the win meaningless. I'd understand if we were like a couple games out of first place, but we're ONE game behind first place. I honestly wouldn't call getting a win over a division rival to pull one game back out of first place "meaningless".

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because if you have a message board where you only allow one opinion or side of an argument to be voiced, you don't have a message board, you have an echo chamber.

There are a ton of negative threads and posts on this site. Just because we won't let a few users post mindless negative comments over and over does not mean negative comments are not allowed here. Read the sticky thread!

Oh .. and stop playing the victim .. it's weak, it's sad and it's pathetic.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
any way to minimize the banner? It takes up half my screen and have to scroll way down to see the threads :(

It is really no bueno on an iPhone!

wileedog

Reaction score
we still get the same amount of picks, just in a little different order.

i'll take the wins. bird in the hand

I'm not sure I understand what you think we won tonight, other than bragging rights over another bad team for a week or two. Which in the long run is meaningless.

Again, I understand you are in Skins country and this will be fun for you for a bit, but for the long term benefit of the team not so much.

I'd rather have my draft picks in a better order with more choices available for each one.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand what you think we won tonight, other than bragging rights over another bad team for a week or two. Which in the long run is meaningless.

Again, I understand you are in Skins country and this will be fun for you for a bit, but for the long term benefit of the team not so much.

I'd rather have my draft picks in a better order with more choices available for each one.

we are still alive for the playoffs. another win or 2 and we are in.

how is that meaningless?

CAR was 3-8-1 last year, won out, made the playoffs, won a game and are now 12-0.
JAX drafted 3rd last year, again.

I'll take the former.

wileedog

Reaction score
There are a ton of negative threads and posts on this site. Just because we won't let a few users post mindless negative comments over and over does not mean negative comments are not allowed here. Read the sticky thread!

Oh .. and stop playing the victim .. it's weak, it's sad and it's pathetic.

I was responding to the Hoods who asked why the board should cater to negative people at all. They should all be relegated to the Rant Zone according to him.

I certainly was not making an accusation that such comments were disallowed, I was reacting to the suggestion that they should be.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get it myself, saying it is dedicated to fans who are happy when we lose implies that fans are wanting loses every week.

I didn't see any fans being happy when we were losing 7 games straight, in fact this is the first game of the year that a large segment of fans were talking about not being upset if we lose because even with a win, we still have to leap frog all 3 teams with a hard schedule remaining. If we don't win the division, all any additional loses would do would hurt the team in terms of draft position.

That was the line of thinking, not fans openly rooting against the team week in and week out hoping for loses.....that banner takes things out of context since I do not believe most fans on this site openly root against the team, if they did they would not be members for years and years.

Just my .02

So you didn't see the threads calling for the Cowboys to tank the season? Plenty of people are openly rooting against the team.

wileedog

Reaction score
we are still alive for the playoffs. another win or 2 and we are in.

how is that meaningless?
Because this team is not going deep in the playoffs IMO. It will be a miracle if they make it, and they are not riding Cassel or a rusty, barely healthy Romo to the SB.

So to me, this win is meaningless.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Because this team is not going deep in the playoffs IMO. It will be a miracle if they make it, and they are not riding Cassel or a rusty, barely healthy Romo to the SB.

So to me, this win is meaningless.

So you don't want to make the playoffs? Wow.

Tell me again which top 10 picks are going to the SB this year. How bout even making the playoffs.

We got 3 first round picks last year and where are we?

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I don't understand it personally.

Everyone wants what is best for this organization.

Rooting for losses in what could very well be a lost season doesn't make you a hater or someone who doesn't love this team.

Reasonable people can disagree on whether winning out or losing put is better for this franchise in the long run.

The banner by mods is seemingly in bad taste. Just as those who can only post negative things about this organization.

Billy-D_Approves.gif

wileedog

Reaction score
So you don't want to make the playoffs? Wow.

II could say the same thing to people who say they don't want a higher draft pick. I have seen completely twisted pretzel logic over and over why having a higher draft pick is meaningless, when the logic is quite clear that if you have more talent to chose from your odds of selecting a better player are higher. Period. And yet people are consistently trying to play down what is basic math.

I don't believe this team is going far in the playoffs without a QB. The defense has been better as of late but this is no Ravens or Seattle D that can carry a team to the end. So no, I don't see the point of holding out for miracles when the team can be made tangibly better next year with higher picks.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Seems consistent with the mindset that is happy with 2 decades of not winning anything significant. Claps all around.