Where's the "like" button for the banner at the top of the page?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So you didn't see the threads calling for the Cowboys to tank the season? Plenty of people are openly rooting against the team.

Of course I did, but I didn't see those posts until we were 3-8. On the contrary, when Romo came back for Miami most of the threads were talking about how we were going to make a run. Thus, to say the fans were openly rooting for losses week in and week out is disingenuous.

The banner makes it sound like there are fans rooting against the team since week 1.............which obviously is misleading and not the case

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I don't understand it personally.

Everyone wants what is best for this organization.

Rooting for losses in what could very well be a lost season doesn't make you a hater or someone who doesn't love this team.

Reasonable people can disagree on whether winning out or losing put is better for this franchise in the long run.

The banner by mods is seemingly in bad taste. Just as those who can only post negative things about this organization.

Come on man...you know we are going to win out! Smh...people just like hope is all it is...even if its blatantly false. Whatever...just hurt our draft spot for the inevitable.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I completely agree.

Posting the score is just fine. It's the comment that's underneath that only a child would make given the line of thinking that only seems to be tolerated on this board anymore.

So I'm hoping that come our loss to the Packers next week that we'll have the score posted out there as well and a jab at those who want us to win even though we'll be missing the playoffs.

Oh we are gonna smash the packers into field goal oblivion!

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Of course I did, but I didn't see those posts until we were 3-8. On the contrary, when Romo came back for Miami most of the threads were talking about how we were going to make a run. Thus, to say the fans were openly rooting for losses week in and week out is disingenuous.

The banner makes it sound like there are fans rooting against the team since week 1.............which obviously is misleading and not the case

In the post game thread, you made some very lucid and well stated arguments for fans potentially desiring a loss and used the Spurs Duncan draft year as a good example. No one goes into a year wanting a team to lose, but going 1-15 to 2-14 is really only jeopardizing draft status and leverage(trades, etc). So there is gray area in between and if fans span that area with reasons, who cares. People can be fans however they want. Its only entertainment time and money - not life and death. Things get way to emotional

AzorAhai

Reaction score
In the post game thread, you made some very lucid and well stated arguments for fans potentially desiring a loss and used the Spurs Duncan draft year as a good example. No one goes into a year wanting a team to lose, but going 1-15 to 2-14 is really only jeopardizing draft status and leverage(trades, etc). So there is gray area in between and if fans span that area with reasons, who cares. People can be fans however they want. Its only entertainment time and money - not life and death. Things get way to emotional

Exactly. Would the Spurs rather have Tim Duncan for 2 decades, or a few extra feel good moments during the season? I feel like crap about this season already. Two or three extra wins isn't going to make the sting hurt any less. 5 or 10 extra wins for the Spurs that year would have been an Aspirin to a migraine. Maybe Ramsey isn't the next Polamalu. Maybe Hargreaves isn't the next Revis. Maybe Goff isn't the next Brady. I know I would rather trust the Cowboys to pick from the cream of the crop and find out, because maybe they are.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
We have dropped from the 4th to the 6th pick.

So boo hoo. Those of you convinced we will lose to Green Bay have to concede that this win will have little effect on our long term draft prospects.

But if we beat Green Bay? Oh, the horror! Can we contemplate such a terrible thing happening?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

So boo hoo. Those of you convinced we will lose to Green Bay have to concede that this win will have little effect on our long term draft prospects.

But if we beat Green Bay? Oh, the horror! Can we contemplate such a terrible thing happening?

7th

rynochop

Reaction score
Exactly. Would the Spurs rather have Tim Duncan for 2 decades, or a few extra feel good moments during the season? I feel like crap about this season already. Two or three extra wins isn't going to make the sting hurt any less. 5 or 10 extra wins for the Spurs that year would have been an Aspirin to a migraine. Maybe Ramsey isn't the next Polamalu. Maybe Hargreaves isn't the next Revis. Maybe Goff isn't the next Brady. I know I would rather trust the Cowboys to pick from the cream of the crop and find out, because maybe they are.

There are no Tim Duncan's in this draft, this also isn't the nba where one player makes that big of an impact. The draft looks pretty weak overall anyway, give me the wins until we are out of it

rynochop

Reaction score

Yeah, we might miss out on a Bobby Carpenter

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
You know what they say about a hit dog?

He'll holler for 4 pages.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Rooting for losses in what could very well be a lost season doesn't make you a hater or someone who doesn't love this team.

Reasonable people can disagree on whether winning out or losing put is better for this franchise in the long run.

The banner by mods is seemingly in bad taste. Just as those who can only post negative things about this organization.

Loser attitude.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

maybe it is.

however, sometimes you have to tell the hate to so suck itself.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Love the site. Appreciate what the mods are trying to do. Think the banner is in pretty poor taste, but probably something I would do in the same situation. That's coming from someone who wasn't rooting for a loss.