Which 1st rd position makes the biggest impact yr 1?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Interesting take. I wouldn’t mind an OT at all at 26 if one falls as it could get us cheap at the position at RT or replace Tyron and cut ties. Tyler had an 8.7 RAS score. Here are a few RAS studs this year that could be within range:

Darnell Wright - 9.47 (likely 1st round)
Blake Freeland - 9.82 (likely 2/3rd round)
Jaelyn Duncan - 9.43 (likely 2/3rd round)

Wright is a guy that has been picking up a. it if 1st round steam lately. Go watch his tape against Will Anderson - I was pretty much sold on that alone.
God, it's a good tackle class.

cnuball21

Reaction score
God, it's a good tackle class.
For sure. Not really any blue chippers but just a handful of solid dudes that I think can come in and be steady NFL starters.

It may not be a popular opinion but I think that’s what Steele is. An average NFL RT. If we can replace that with a rookie contract? Yea…no brainer for me.

RS12

Reaction score

Which 1st rd position makes the biggest impact yr 1?​

I REALLY dont understand why so many of you are hung up on the whole one year thing. No quality front office would take that short term of a view of their draft. The main purpose of the draft is to provide cheap labor for years. FA is the place to take a short term view.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They are all very good prospects, hard to determine which one fits bests as we don't know how the offense will look under MM and a new OC. We have heard they want to run the football more, which makes players like Mayer, Washington the most attractive.
I have changed my mind about Washington or a tight end in the first. I watched some Michigan games and Misa Smith, defensive tackle is the missing link :omg: :thumbup: Then I would draft a left guard in the second round. I believe one of Torrance, Avila or whoever will be there at 58. There are like 10 tight ends that could easily be really good pros. Let’s build the lines and finish this team off.

roarr

Reaction score
I have changed my mind about Washington or a tight end in the first. I watched some Michigan games and Misa Smith, defensive tackle is the missing link :omg: :thumbup: Then I would draft a left guard in the second round. I believe one of Torrance, Avila or whoever will be there at 58. There are like 10 tight ends that could easily be really good pros. Let’s build the lines and finish this team off.
In the mocks I run, you can trade down from 26 to 34 and get Mazi. Then add another third. It's so nice I keep doing it.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Good God, if this team takes Musgrave over a Kincaid I don’t know what to say. There isn’t a piece of tape that would justify that choice. I can’t remember seeing so little from a player rumored to be a 1st round pick.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
In the mocks I run, you can trade down from 26 to 34 and get Mazi. Then add another third. It's so nice I keep doing it.
I wouldn’t trade out the first. Never want to get out of the 5th year option but I like your plan. :thumbup:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We know they aren’t taking a 2 down run NT in rd 1 and he isn’t even worth that high of a pick. Think they are still going to address NT in fa, maybe even Guard. Difficult to project who they are going to take this yr.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We know they aren’t taking a 2 down run NT in rd 1 and he isn’t even worth that high of a pick. Think they are still going to address NT in fa, maybe even Guard. Difficult to project who they are going to take this yr.
We have the pass rushers. This guy is the ultimate big bag of dirt that can push the pocket. It’s time to get a big mean tackle. The Cowboys might surprise.Pittsburgh loves him. He may not make it to 26.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We have the pass rushers. This guy is the ultimate big bag of dirt that can push the pocket. It’s time to get a big mean tackle. The Cowboys might surprise.Pittsburgh loves him. He may not make it to 26.
He’s not a 1st rd prospect

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Good God, if this team takes Musgrave over a Kincaid I don’t know what to say. There isn’t a piece of tape that would justify that choice. I can’t remember seeing so little from a player rumored to be a 1st round pick.
I'm not as high on Kincaid as others but Musgrave hype is ridiculous.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He’s not a 1st rd prospect
Come on now. Certain teams like him. He will probably be drafted in the first round. I seem to remember you saying the same thing about Tyler. Anyway he might be the last piece to the Cowboys defense to be the best in the NFL.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Come on now. Certain teams like him. He will probably be drafted in the first round. I seem to remember you saying the same thing about Tyler. Anyway he might be the last piece to the Cowboys defense to be the best in the NFL.
Two down players rarely get drafted rd 1, he probably goes in 2nd rd, but many have him as a 3rd rd prospect.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We say this every year and then they get drafted in the 3rd rd. Last year it was that UConn DT, year before was McNeil.
Those guys are not in Smith’s class. Jeremiah is plugged in and just put him in Dallas. I fear he might go higher.