CZ POLL Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020? **merged**

Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyec

Reaction score
my un-holy trinity
☆Urban Meyer
☆Nick Saban
☆Bob Stoops

go right down the list....Im good with any of'm.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I used to think Kellen was really good, and then he started doing strange stuff. Like not running Zeke after 9 minutes left in the third quarter. It's seems the coaches are unaware of what's working and not working during a game.

The play-calling often looks like me playing Madden. Bring up the box and just pick one without even paying attention to the opposing teams defense. I am going to run it no matter what! :laugh:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Joel Osteen.

If the head coach is just going to stand there and say nothing every week and have his best quality be motivational speaker then might as well hire one of the all time greatest swindlers. this guy is a world class BS'r and that is what Jerry needs a grifter on his level to help sell sell sell.
:laugh:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I voted for Lincoln Riley because I think he's next level offensive innovation-wise.

I also very much like the idea of Urban Meyer. I think he runs the perfect offensive scheme for Dak (Dak's coach at Miss. St was Dan Mullen, Mullen was a longtime Meyer assistant). I think these players will love playing for him and he'll have great insight with the draft. I also think he'll land us some free agents (there are a lot of Ohio State players in the league). Last, I think he's the perfect person for the Cowboys unique situation. Enough of a name to have sway but no NFL experience so he can't lock Jerry out of the locker room. The health thing is a concern but NFL coaches don't work as many days per year as big time college coaches.

My ideal staff would be:
HC: Urban Meyer
OC: Joe Brady
DC: Gus Bradley
No more Seattle DCs please!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The more I think about it....Chris Peterson makes the most sense. I think he'd keep Kellen as his offensive coordinator. Which keeps some continuity...Would be interesting to see who his defensive coordinator would be.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Tough one.

Realistically I don't think Riley leaves OU just yet.

Meyer has made comments about the cowboys and coaching there. Intrigued

Dan Campbell is someone else I wouldn't mind either. I'll go with him in this poll since I can chose an unnamed person

Campbell would be interesting. He could bring along Pete carmichael to run the offense.

I dont think this is someone Jerry would actually consider however.

cristglo

Reaction score
Matt Eberfus
eric bieniemy
Dan Campbell
Urban intriguing ?????
Mike Tomlin will get a free pass with big Ben being hurt.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
urban is too old, and no nfl experience,
Riley would be stupid to come here and I dont think he is interested.
Josh McDaniels, is maybe ok since he has worked for bill awhile, but not sure about him or if he would come here.
Kris R. might be ok no way to tell, maybe a 3 year deal .

I said someone else, because like the DC of SF might take the job, and could build a defense here and handle the defense, then cowboys would
have a great defense, something the other guys cannot do except Kris R

We dont want a offensive HC, just let the new hc hire a OC that is good.

Also jerry would have to let the new HC hire his own oc and other coaches. maybe they could keep kellen for 1 year on a show me basis.

nobody

Reaction score
I'd have voted for Meyer, but his health issues are a concern..so I voted for Riley

visionary

Reaction score
To turn this garbage culture around we will need a big boy with skins on the wall who is a hard *** and has everyone’s respect

that’s

Meyer or Jim Harbaugh

RD21

Reaction score
I voted for Urban Meyer. His teams have been winners everywhere he went. I liked him at Utah.

I can't believe that so far, 3 people have actually voted for Garrett..?!?! Seriously..???

Status
Not open for further replies.