CZ POLL Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020? **merged**

Who do you want to be the Cowboys head coach in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Campbell would be interesting. He could bring along Pete carmichael to run the offense.

I dont think this is someone Jerry would actually consider however.
Some people are ho hum about him, but In a Campbell fan

CB61

Reaction score
Well I don't think Lincoln Riley is leaving Oklahoma soon but I could be wrong and Josh McDaniels wouldn't take this job for all the money in the world, after hearing Urban Meyer's comments yesterday and how he analyzes things that might be intriguing? But the problem is we don't know for sure if Jerry will actually fire Jason Garrett or not I'm afraid there will be some lame-*** excuse to keep him at least for another year

CB61

Reaction score
The problem is Urban Meyer is he's never been an NFL coach and drafting Talent and signing free agents are Far Cry different than recruiting plus College rosters are larger and easier to deal with injuries

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Someone that will respectfully tell the owner, to chill, and hold cream puffs accountable.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I voted Richard but mainly because i want to see a full season with Moore as OC without worrying about Garrett meddling.

lockster

Reaction score
Joel Osteen.

If the head coach is just going to stand there and say nothing every week and have his best quality be motivational speaker then might as well hire one of the all time greatest swindlers. this guy is a world class BS'r and that is what Jerry needs a grifter on his level to help sell sell sell.
Amen to this! Never a trier statement ever verbalized lol

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I voted for Lincoln Riley because I think he's next level offensive innovation-wise.

I also very much like the idea of Urban Meyer. I think he runs the perfect offensive scheme for Dak (Dak's coach at Miss. St was Dan Mullen, Mullen was a longtime Meyer assistant). I think these players will love playing for him and he'll have great insight with the draft. I also think he'll land us some free agents (there are a lot of Ohio State players in the league). Last, I think he's the perfect person for the Cowboys unique situation. Enough of a name to have sway but no NFL experience so he can't lock Jerry out of the locker room. The health thing is a concern but NFL coaches don't work as many days per year as big time college coaches.

My ideal staff would be:
HC: Urban Meyer
OC: Joe Brady
DC: Gus Bradley
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I truly believe Riley is gonna do big things in this league. But if he had unfinished business at OU then I am all over Meyer...

Silverstar

Reaction score
How bout this for a poll...Who would Jerry let take over GM duties after 25 years since Jimmy left? :)

or similar....after 30 years of ownership?

Will McClay
Tom Ciscowski
Jimmy Johnson
Troy Aikman
Someone else

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.