Who else has finally lost all hope for good?

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
How many years does he have to be a GM before he can be called a football guy?

good question. you are or you aren't a football guy. he is a business guy for sure. one of the best out there. but that talent and skill didnt work out for him for being a "football guy" as much as he is trying to make it happen. he has been chasing the dream a long time.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
ive lost hope that Jerry can create a winning SB team. i havent lost hope that he can accidently create a winning SB team.... broken clock philosophy.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
good question. you are or you aren't a football guy. he is a business guy for sure. one of the best out there. but that talent and skill didnt work out for him for being a "football guy" as much as he is trying to make it happen. he has been chasing the dream a long time.

But he has been a GM for 27 years now. At some point he has to be considered a football guy. That is a long time.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
But he has been a GM for 27 years now. At some point he has to be considered a football guy. That is a long time.

well i guess we have to define what a "football guy" means. and if being GM for that long can make you into a football guy.

Its highly subjective and i am in no way making an objective statement. Its of my opinion and I can be wrong. I welcome anyone's view that says he is a football guy and points out reasons why.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I came to this realization right after "Purcells" gave up & quit. Jerruh is going to continue to play "Madden" with this franchise until he accidentally falls into a Super Bowl or dies. Whichever comes first. I had a feeling his fire was going dim until the NFL awarded him GM of the Year last year. That alone will be enough to fuel his madness into his Al Davis rolling walker stage.......

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well i guess we have to define what a "football guy" means. and if being GM for that long can make you into a football guy.

Its highly subjective and i am in no way making an objective statement. Its of my opinion and I can be wrong. I welcome anyone's view that says he is a football guy and points out reasons why.
All I know is I have no clue. But it sure seems like a long time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

he is a football guy lol , he also played in college, but he just isnt a good football guy , how about that ??
Or better yet he just isnt a good gm or team builder or coach evaluator.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I always hope that JErry will come to his senses and higher a real coach but after he hired Big Bill he failed to get a real NFL head coach to get Tony Romo the ring he deserves.

Instead his ego got in the way and he hired Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett.

Whats sad now is we are so tied to Garrett and he is probably the worst coach in this franchises history.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Took me like 10+ years, but I have finally lost all hope and respect for this team.

Horrible front office, and as an organization we are a joke.
The honorable, powerful and outstanding team we once were seems like a legend now.

I dont think we will EVER be a powerhouse ever again.

Bad decision after bad decision.
Pathetic wanna be coaches....

For me, our beloved Cowboys are a joke and a disgrace

Who else feels this way?

I share the grief and frustration Jerruh has made a mockery of this organization
and it makes it less exciting to watch, wins don't mean what they used to and to
be honest to see all the mindless fans still thinking there is still a chance with Jerruh
at the helm just makes me even more sad both for the realist fans and the team

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Took me like 10+ years, but I have finally lost all hope and respect for this team.

The honorable, powerful and outstanding team we once were seems like a legend now.

Who else feels this way?

Bye

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score

Who else feels this way?

Why do you stick around if you've lost all respect? Sure we had a horrible 2015 season (you know our starting QB missed almost the entire season, right?) but we had an amazing 2014 season. So I don't know why there's any reason to abandon hope at this moment, if we can keep Romo on the field in 2016. But your comment about losing respect....if I lost respect for someone or something, I'd walk away. Sticking around is self-abusive. So why are you?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Its ridiculous to lose hope for good. There will come a day when Jerry no longer has anything to do with the team, Garrett is not the coach, and they have a real franchise QB. How long will that take, nobody knows. I would agree that all hope is lost with the group currently in charge of both off the field and on the field stuff. I was there two years ago. I have been numb while watching the team for those two years now. I basically have no reaction when things are going bad because its fully expected and I am pleasantly surprised and happy when good things happen. I have thought for about two years now that there is no one in the front office, on the coaching staff, or on the roster except for possibly Stephen Jones that will be around the next time the Dallas Cowboys win a super bowl. That is why I have become numb to anything and everything associated with the Cowboys. I could really care less who the sign or draft because I have zero faith that the coaching staff will develop them correctly and/or put them in positions to succeed. I always chuckle when reading posts about good players we could have drafted because there is no way that player would have performed the same way in our systems. I'm 46 years old, I remember the Staubach and Aikman eras, and am now content to sit back and wait for a complete changing of the guard. That's really all I can do at this point and I'm still confident that the team will return to prominence in my lifetime.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Who else feels this way?

The Philadelphia Eagles Fan Forum can be found here, now get out.