Who else has finally lost all hope for good?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I guess I take some kind of pride of who I'm rooting for. I take it like running a business. What they

I get your take. I'm old school and chose to make the DC my team about the same time as you and I understand keeping the important things like family in perspective. I'm don't feel that I'm obsessed however I became a fan of what was once a proud, respected football organization which has now become a joke or a circus of entertainment. I live in Denver and often reminded what it should be/could be like to be a consistent, successful football franchise. I'm cursed as a perfectionist when it comes to business which is my own issue and my expectations are high. If the DC did not have the market, $$ or interest in winning (like the Cleveland, Jags or Miami) I could live with that. They do not pretend to be something they aren't and every once in a while the blind squirrel finds the acorn, right? The DC was always been a leader with innovative ways and players to win. Now it's apparent, it's one man's ego holding back what was once an amazing franchise which is just sad and such a waste. It's like putting a 250 lbs. jockey on a pure bred race horse trying to win the Kentucky derby because the owner of the horse (who has no clue) wants his 250 lbs. son to win a the derby. It's just a shame that the owner put's his ignorance unaccountably above what was a great franchise for many fans who love(d) this team.
It is just hard to back something you have lost respect for and do not believe in.

I get the frustration but last season people here claimed Jerry had nothing to do with it and now after a bad season it is all Jerry. I'm very disappointed with how this team played but frankly moves that have been made in recent years I don't have a problem with them and many here agreed with moves. Getting Hardy, letting Murray go, building of the OL as well as other moves. Now this is all on Jerry. Exactly for what?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
lol it is blind and biased fans like you that has this team stuck in mediocreness for the longest time.
Good for you to cheer and approve 15+ years of garbage football

how are fans to blame? has any of your crying or stomping of you feet changed anything for the Cowboys? Acting as if any fan who supports and backs them is in some ways to blame is about a dumb as it gets.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Then would you please do all of us a favor and leave CowboyZone? I will always love this team, win or lose, and I don't appreciate people like you dragging my team down and bringing ME down week after week. Thank you.

Speak for yourself, he and anyone (including you) can express any opinion they have as far as I am concerned.

I don't understand why people feel the need to censor those that don't hold a view they approve of or want them to leave the forum simply because they don't like what they wrote. No one is making you read his post, just ignore it, its real easy. I suspect you might have a desire to start with my post, lol.

And please don't misunderstand my point, I have no problem with you expressing your disagreement, frustration, etc with anyones post, I simply abhor censorship and ostracizing people for their views. I learn the most from those that disagree with me because it forces me to open my mind to a different way of thinking and either ends up reinforcing my original position or improving my understanding which I consider a win-win.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Took me like 10+ years, but I have finally lost all hope and respect for this team.

Horrible front office, and as an organization we are a joke.
The honorable, powerful and outstanding team we once were seems like a legend now.

I dont think we will EVER be a powerhouse ever again.

Bad decision after bad decision.
Pathetic wanna be coaches....

For me, our beloved Cowboys are a joke and a disgrace

Who else feels this way?

Great thing about the NFL is you can go from worst to first in 1 season. We also have the good nature of playing in the NFC East which is arguably the worst in Football over the last few years. We had a very good draft last year and we pick 4th overall this year. Everything that I have read and heard recently seems to suggest Jerry is handing the reigns over to Stephen, which to me is a good thing. A lot to be optimistic about IMO. If you are ready to give up good luck, but me I'm going to continue to root for the Boys rain or shine.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I haven't lost all hope but it is concerning, I mean how many years have we been saying maybe next year? 20 years or so.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I get the frustration but last season people here claimed Jerry had nothing to do with it and now after a bad season it is all Jerry. I'm very disappointed with how this team played but frankly moves that have been made in recent years I don't have a problem with them and many here agreed with moves. Getting Hardy, letting Murray go, building of the OL as well as other moves. Now this is all on Jerry. Exactly for what?

I do not have a problem with some of the moves they have made and no problem at all with what you brought up. I was all for these however how can you overlook such terrible back up QB's for this "system" with an aging starting QB? Denver got through it. Houston got through it. The Jets. Who is responsible and accountable for these errors in judgment? There are some positive steps however they are negated by poorly managed coaching and player personnel which basically leads us to a mediocre team over the last several years when all is said and done. Now JJ considering bringing in Manziel is like bringing a new freak show to circus. I'm sure that will bring a lot of interviews for JJ. It's entertaining for the press but no trophies for the fans. Guess we'll see but all in all I'm very blessed today and certainly appreciate what we rooted for long ago.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I have finally lost all hope
The honorable, powerful and outstanding team we once were seems like a legend now.
Who else feels this way?

http://i477.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr138/christianfaith00/emo.jpg

cajuncocoa

âś® âś® âś® âś® âś®
Reaction score
lol it is blind and biased fans like you that has this team stuck in mediocreness for the longest time.
Good for you to cheer and approve 15+ years of garbage football

Oh, it's MY fault they haven't won a Super Bowl in 20 years? Well, tell me what I should be doing differently, and I'll be sure to fix that for the 2016 season.

/sarcasm

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Took me like 10+ years, but I have finally lost all hope and respect for this team.

Who else feels this way?

FFS, it's a game. A GAME! Stop taking it so friggin' seriously and get a life. Jeebus.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Speak for yourself, he and anyone (including you) can express any opinion they have as far as I am concerned.

I don't understand why people feel the need to censor those that don't hold a view they approve of or want them to leave the forum simply because they don't like what they wrote. No one is making you read his post, just ignore it, its real easy. I suspect you might have a desire to start with my post, lol.

And please don't misunderstand my point, I have no problem with you expressing your disagreement, frustration, etc with anyones post, I simply abhor censorship and ostracizing people for their views. I learn the most from those that disagree with me because it forces me to open my mind to a different way of thinking and either ends up reinforcing my original position or improving my understanding which I consider a win-win.

Its a badge or something.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have lost some hope ONLY as it relates to our offensive scheme. I think it is outdated and does not consider today's rules that favor the offense. We are not taking advantage of these rules and we are not thus stretching the field to do so. I have said this a million times, when is the last time we went for first down ON FIRST DOWN?

It is depressing and I don't expect a lot OFFENSIVELY for this team until that scheme is done away with, Romo, or no Romo.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who else feels this way?
http://www.webmd.com/depression/features/natural-treatments

The first step for any and all fans is realizing no athlete, team, coach, manager, owner, etc., is within their influential control. Never have. Never will. The next and final step is making personal peace for coping with the first step.

Go Cowboys.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
I'm half serious on this parody.

I want all of you to get mad.

I want all of you to stand up in front of the TV or better at the stadium and scream:

I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I haven't lost hope. There are more positives going with the team than negatives.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I still love being a fan, and I haven't lost hope FOR GOOD...

Although, I think reality is starting to sink in ...

I used to think that with Romo, this team was good enough to beat anyone in the league on any given Sunday. From 07 to last year, I felt that we were always going to be competitive no matter what. We always seemed to take down teams that no one really gave us a shot at beating...

I don't feel that way anymore. I don't have that same confidence and I don't feel that this team, with Romo, will ever get over the hump and I'm sorry to say it.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
I still love being a fan, and I haven't lost hope FOR GOOD...

Although, I think reality is starting to sink in ...

I used to think that with Romo, this team was good enough to beat anyone in the league on any given Sunday. From 07 to last year, I felt that we were always going to be competitive no matter what. We always seemed to take down teams that no one really gave us a shot at beating...

I don't feel that way anymore. I don't have that same confidence and I don't feel that this team, with Romo, will ever get over the hump and I'm sorry to say it.

well said.
sad but i feel ya.

i think someone along the way cursed jerry. he crossed the wrong person somewhere. the curse of bobby lane type stuff.