Who else has finally lost all hope for good?

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
One thing I've found in life is when someone expresses undying loyalty to someone or something, in many cases it won't survive under a hard test.
Companies that said you can stay here for a career. People make marriage vows. If someone really messes up their life (Johnny Manziel comes to mind), friends and family can abandon him. Occasionally, someone will stick with you no matter what, but that is rare. Point is never, EVER, take advantage of the people that support you for granted. That's exactly what Jerry Jones has done.

If Dallas were a smaller market or the fans were like the ones on the East Coast, fans would stop coming to the games and buying the jerseys. Some here say that would not phase the Jones, but remember in the early 2000's when he was looking to build a new stadium? He was desperate enough to hire Parcells. Fans need to rollback their support. If Jerry does not get it, Stephen might....as a matter of principal I don't believe in rewarding owners for decades turning out mediocre teams. I hope for more than this, but if the fans were to revolt for a few seasons yet Jerry was so bullheaded to do business as usual, I'd get some satisfaction he would die knowing he will be known as the man that destroyed the Cowboys and regarded as a football idiot.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
One thing I've found in life is when someone expresses undying loyalty to someone or something, in many cases it won't survive under a hard test.
Yeah, I get that. I think all of us have a breaking point, but some of you are talking like the 2014 season never happened. If that season had turned out differently (our usual 8-8 or worse) you might be making a legitimate argument right now. I don't know if we would have repeated that success in 2015 if Dez and Tony had played every game, but you don't know that we wouldn't have. The 2014 season gave me hope, and until we crash and burn (with everyone on the field for the whole season), I don't know why every Cowboy fan doesn't feel the same way.

keds

Reaction score
Jerry knows how to accumulate individual talent...we have that...
but in the last 20 years we never seem to consistently have enough of depth of talent to win the big games late in seasons...

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Took me like 10+ years, but I have finally lost all hope and respect for this team.

Horrible front office, and as an organization we are a joke.
The honorable, powerful and outstanding team we once were seems like a legend now.

I dont think we will EVER be a powerhouse ever again.

Bad decision after bad decision.
Pathetic wanna be coaches....

For me, our beloved Cowboys are a joke and a disgrace

Who else feels this way?

These are INDEED the Dark Daze.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
count me in as one who has lost all hope until jerry the coach is gone we haven't wont in twenty years and I don't expect to now bad coaching bad front office I have learned to accept this now so when they lose its just a laugh now. after 1995 we have went into the dark ages

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Took me like 10+ years, but I have finally lost all hope and respect for this team.

Horrible front office, and as an organization we are a joke.
The honorable, powerful and outstanding team we once were seems like a legend now.

I dont think we will EVER be a powerhouse ever again.

Bad decision after bad decision.
Pathetic wanna be coaches....

For me, our beloved Cowboys are a joke and a disgrace

Who else feels this way?

I don't like how things have gone the last 20 years.....

But....

There is always hope!

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, because I've been with the 'Boys since day 1, and suffered through those early years against the Packers, Browns, and Colts, when we were cast as not good enough. I think the constant evolution of teams and management are enough to hold out hope the we will again rise from the ashes, and other dominant franchises will fall (yes, the Browns used to be good).

For those who think that ownership will always screw it up, JJ did win with Jimmy, and it could happen again.
Plus, Father Time is undefeated, and JJ won't be a factor that much longer.

I've been a fan since Day 1 also, Doc...my chops aren't busted by not finishing first. I believe in a sportsmanship view as a fan...and love my Cowboys for the fight and what they deliver, not another fan.

As to other fans, in the new stadium, my experience has been great...not so much among the 'walking deads.'

Like an old dogface is going to blink at a continual problem...that's all one could really count on. But to the Cowboys credit, they continually pull their collective heads above water.

Ever wear disposable gloves? :starspin::)

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I've been a fan since Day 1 also, Doc...my chops aren't busted by not finishing first. I believe in a sportsmanship view as a fan...and love my Cowboys for the fight and what they deliver, not another fan.

As to other fans, in the new stadium, my experience has been great...not so much among the 'walking deads.'

Like an old dogface is going to blink at a continual problem...that's all one could really count on. But to the Cowboys credit, they continually pull their collective heads above water.

Ever wear disposable gloves? :starspin::)

I hear you. My preference is for a team with the kind of players that Garrett has profiled -- tough, athletic, FB smart, without ego, and highly motivated and in love with the game. I can support that kind of team, win or lose, and love to watch them play. I can go to war with those guys.

But Jason has had to accept some reclamation projects that don't fit the mold and have proven to be unable or unwilling to change. Those guys seem to be JJ's choices, as he continues to think his greatness extends to psychology and sociology. Oh, he surely wants to win, but I just believe that his formula is flawed.

Garrett has the right idea in structuring a team that any fan could love. Now, if he could only coach............

CCBoy

Reaction score
I hear you. My preference is for a team with the kind of players that Garrett has profiled -- tough, athletic, FB smart, without ego, and highly motivated and in love with the game. I can support that kind of team, win or lose, and love to watch them play. I can go to war with those guys.

But Jason has had to accept some reclamation projects that don't fit the mold and have proven to be unable or unwilling to change. Those guys seem to be JJ's choices, as he continues to think his greatness extends to psychology and sociology. Oh, he surely wants to win, but I just believe that his formula is flawed.

Garrett has the right idea in structuring a team that any fan could love. Now, if he could only coach............

Doc, I can listen to you all day long...and come back for more.

That's the real world, and what is now the product coming out of college...to my chagrin.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Doc, I can listen to you all day long...and come back for more.

That's the real world, and what is now the product coming out of college...to my chagrin.

It's sad that the almighty dollar has ruined college sports, too.
The coaches have just as much pressure to win, and can be just as ruthless and underhanded.
And even if the players aren't getting any direct payola, the perks are endless, and the prima donna status that started in high school becomes deeply imbedded.

One example of college coaching evolution is TCU's Jim Schlossnagle (baseball). He has built a winning program, and will soon be their winningest ever baseball coach. He once could relate to kids and win them over to join his program. Now he's a recruiting liability, has actually run off some good prospects, and his players seek relationship therefore with their position coaches. I realize that each case is different, but in confidence he would say that there's too much pressure from the top to win, and that you can't talk to kids these days 'cause they lack respect. This plays out in virtually all athletically-minded schools in the land.

If I had any money, I'd start a reality series with the old "College Bowl" theme -- an academic-based competition that follows college smart-stars through various projects and competitions, culminating with career rewards.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Companies that said you can stay here for a career. People make marriage vows. If someone really messes up their life (Johnny Manziel comes to mind), friends and family can abandon him. Occasionally, someone will stick with you no matter what, but that is rare. Point is never, EVER, take advantage of the people that support you for granted. That's exactly what Jerry Jones has done.

If Dallas were a smaller market or the fans were like the ones on the East Coast, fans would stop coming to the games and buying the jerseys. Some here say that would not phase the Jones, but remember in the early 2000's when he was looking to build a new stadium? He was desperate enough to hire Parcells. Fans need to rollback their support. If Jerry does not get it, Stephen might....as a matter of principal I don't believe in rewarding owners for decades turning out mediocre teams. I hope for more than this, but if the fans were to revolt for a few seasons yet Jerry was so bullheaded to do business as usual, I'd get some satisfaction he would die knowing he will be known as the man that destroyed the Cowboys and regarded as a football idiot.

You really haven't been paying attention, If Cleveland who is almost always one of the worst record wise
year after year continues to sell out games, while 'fans' are buying jersey's of some player on that team
or of some other team. Then ownership just sits back and lives off the ole P.T. Barnum slogan A sucker
is born every minute! So being a smaller market wouldn't and doesn't help Dallas because there would
always be the money trail leading right back. Now as for Stephen? He is his father and his father is his
son

let me explain, you raised the point were Dallas got desperate after 3 straight 5-11 seasons, They'd
had enough of Campo and were desperate. I believe Stephen was instrumental in them going after
Parcells and bringing him in to consult for a short term basis. Stephen however turned around and
openly criticized the criticism of his fathers micromanaging of the team, This should tell you that
Stephen like his father often has no brains, but can exhibit some activity when need be, I don't
however believe Stephen has been effective in convincing his father into making the right types
of changes that will right the ship. Jerruh is convinced he can win and wants to shame Jimmy
and the Miami snub and won't stop until he gets what he wants..which means? We can really
kiss all hope of reality out the door because under this lunatic asylum the head freak won't be
leaving any time soon

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys should get out more, lol.
giving-thumbs-up-winking-smiley-emoticon.gif

DFWJC

Reaction score

You make this sound like jerry is not trying to win, or doesn't care about winning.
I don't see that at all...not even remotely so.

Now if the argument is that he has tried and failed, then that's different.

yimyammer

Reaction score
You make this sound like jerry is not trying to win, or doesn't care about winning.
I don't see that at all...not even remotely so.

Now if the argument is that he has tried and failed, then that's different.

It doesn't matter how much you try at something if you lack the skills to compete.

I would love to be a starting NFL QB but no amount of trying and "want to" is ever going to get me there.

I don't believe jerri ever has or ever will have the skill to compete against his peers.

He needs to outsource but he refuses to

ICP

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how much you try at something if you lack the skills to compete.

I would love to be a starting NFL QB but no amount of trying and "want to" is ever going to get me there.

I don't believe jerri ever has or ever will have the skill to compete against his peers.

He needs to outsource but he refuses to

Exactly, this is why things will continue as they have.

John813

Reaction score
I would assume if anyone truly felt that way they wouldn't be on a Cowboys forum anymore, cause what's the point.