Who fumbled, lads, Dak or Hunter? And how Dallas punched itself in the face

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Are you guys serious? It's directly in Luepke's chest. lol If you want to give Dak static for his play in the rest of the game, fine, but this ain't it.
No matter where it was placed, Luepke clearly didn't think he was supposed to be getting the ball. He made no move to take the ball. He thought he was a fake, and so played that up with a dive into the endzone.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Didn't see the game but isn't this typical! Cowboy fans blaming one play early in the game because they lost. Good teams go out and right a wrong and get it back.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The cowboys got cute and said, “well this guy is doing so well on short gains we will let him get his well earned TD on this drive”. Nope!
Not cute to give the ball to FB in short yardage.
That's some of what a FB is for, and Luepke has been better as a runner than a lead blocker.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Didn't see the game but isn't this typical! Cowboy fans blaming one play early in the game because they lost. Good teams go out and right a wrong and get it back.
We ain't good enough to drop a TD and win against a good team like Miami.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Vaughn has now been a healthy scratch for six consecutive weeks, with his last appearance coming in Week 10 against the Giants. He has 68 scrimmage yards on 27 touches this season.
I know the conversation is about Luepke, but why even roster RBs like Vaughn if we can't even figure out how to utilize Luepke appropriately.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jiminey spokes!
Fox called it Dak's fumble, but didn't the lad Hunter Leupke from N. Dakota State, know to anticipate and lower and cradle the ball?

Good lads, the slow-mo shows Leupke's arms way too high to grasp the ball. Almost as the lad thought this was a feint?
Lads, cast your glistening eyes on the slo-mo.
And tell me what you think, good chaps all.

Before tha fumble: Dak, CeeDee, Fergie, Cooks rumbled downfield. Fearsome! And the ending was a fumble. And as a result, me feeling is tha fumble took the air out of our sails. Am I right?
Had Leupke held on, I am sure we win.

Holla
Despite tha, Merry Christmas me lovable ruffians. Me festivus was fun-loving!
Seinfeld-True-Story-Behind-Frank-Costanzas-Festivus-Holiday.jpg

that's on Hunter. he closed his arms, before he secured the ball. looks like he was imagining he was in the endzone, before he got the ball, secured it and then run it.
this team has way too many UDFAs. 11 to be exact. I get it. some UDFAs fall through the cracks, but you can't build a team of UDFA. that's 20% of the team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak fumbled. The last player who has possession of the ball is credited with the fumble.

Hunter never had the ball so he couldn't fumble it.
what!!! he put the ball in his belly. its clear from the picture Hunter didn't secure the ball with his hands. is Dak responsible to grab his arm, wrap it around the ball, tighten his fingers and whisper in his ear to hold on.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
that's on Hunter. he closed his arms, before he secured the ball. looks like he was imagining he was in the endzone, before he got the ball, secured it and then run it.
this team has way too many UDFAs. 11 to be exact. I get it. some UDFAs fall through the cracks, but you can't build a team of UDFA. that's 20% of the team.
I know we will never get a direct answer but I wonder if the play was supposed to be a fake. Or maybe he was supposed to get the ball and screwed up thinking it was a fake. But I know having the answer doesn't change anything.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Maybe Dak should have had the ball higher.

Had Hunter had more playing time this year in all those blow out wins then perhaps things would have worked out differently.
Hunter needs to have his hands lower, open between the arms for the ball to hit him and he then secures the ball. his hands are totally in the wrong place.

acr731

Reaction score
what!!! he put the ball in his belly. its clear from the picture Hunter didn't secure the ball with his hands. is Dak responsible to grab his arm, wrap it around the ball, tighten his fingers and whisper in his ear to hold on.
We will never know who is truly at fault for this botched play. Dak fans will always blame anything other than Dak, while more reasonable people try to think of other causes. The play was just strange.

acr731

Reaction score
Hunter needs to have his hands lower, open between the arms for the ball to hit him and he then secures the ball. his hands are totally in the wrong place.
The position of his arms suggests the play was supposed to be a fake. But what do I know...

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Ok, so using your train of thought, if a receiver catches a 3 yard screen and turns it into a 70 yard TD, why should the QB get the credit for an 70 yard TD pass? The receiver did all the work, not the QB.
Exactly... it's a team sport so stop trying to affix blame or success on one player...stop trying to lay wins and losses at the feat of one player. Stop trying to say one player is supposed to be the one responsible for playoff and SB success. It's pretty simple if you h
Ask me.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
Well since you didn’t see the game, my humble suggestion is to maybe refrain from commenting? The Cowboys did score a TD on their next possession. The problem was points were at a premium last night.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We will never know who is truly at fault for this botched play. Dak fans will always blame anything other than Dak, while more reasonable people try to think of other causes. The play was just strange.
unless the QB is falling down and away from the RB, its always the RB's fault. they are taught how to hold their hands, create a cradle for the ball and how to secure it. Hunter's hands and arms are in the wrong place. the ball is falling down from his chest. if it was pollard or dowdle, this was a TD.

Creeper

Reaction score
I didn't hear Luepke talk about it after the game but my guess is he was so excited to finally get a chance to take the handoff and score he just had a mental lapse and forgot about the ball. Either that or it was Dak's option to hand it off or keep it. I suspect inexperience was part of the problem. However, I find it hard to believe these two have no practices the handoff 100 times in practice.

When things are going wrong, they go wrong.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok, so using your train of thought, if a receiver catches a 3 yard screen and turns it into a 70 yard TD, why should the QB get the credit for an 70 yard TD pass? The receiver did all the work, not the QB.
You never complained about that when Romo received all the credit for when a receiver broke it loose for a 70 yard TD pass.