Who fumbled, lads, Dak or Hunter? And how Dallas punched itself in the face

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would never have been giving the ball to a rookie with almost no playing time in that situation. Why Dowdle or Pollard were not in there just blows me away.

The game was essentially lost on the first and last drives of the game. The Rookie's fumble and Clark's face mask penalty.
Pollard couldn't put it in when he was RIGHT there. It would be plain luck or excellent block for him to mangle it in.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
UsALxlaY3ZIS.jpg
You do know you can resize that, right?

sbark

Reaction score
I would never have been giving the ball to a rookie with almost no playing time in that situation. Why Dowdle or Pollard were not in there just blows me away.

The game was essentially lost on the first and last drives of the game. The Rookie's fumble and Clark's face mask penalty.
Pollard was behind luepke in I-formation. Was 1st time from that Dak tried quik handoff to Luepke this season.
Msybe pre snap details will emerge....

Hadenough

Reaction score
Well since you didn’t see the game, my humble suggestion is to maybe refrain from commenting? The Cowboys did score a TD on their next possession. The problem was points were at a premium last night.
I have it recorded so after I watch it my witch hunt will begin for all these Dak lovers.

Kumala808

Reaction score
If pollard lowers his body the prior play he plows in. But he stayed upright and got stopped. It was a Philly flashback

glimmerman

Reaction score
This happens when you have a RB that had only had 3 carry’s prior to the game. Trying new stuff during the game on the 1 yard line..

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
The moment was too big for Hunter he didn't concentrate it was like running before you tuck the ball away on a pass play his concentration was so much on the line of scrimmage and getting over it that he did not secure the ball it was on the running back

Dak put the ball in his chest he needs to secure it and get over the goal line.
Yep, mesh point is a day one cover

Nexx

Reaction score
Dak puts the ball right at Lupke's chest. Right at the numbers like where it's supposed to be. It's weird how Lupke doesn't even react to not having the ball. It almost looks like he thought they were running a play action pass play.
they must have changed how they hand off recently because I was taught to take a handoff right below my sternum. take the football in your gut.. then again its been a while since i played.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak reaction told me it was his fault. I can't blame him though. He was probably already getting consumed with fear before the play.

I think I saw him beat his chest and point to the sky when he got back to the bench. "here we go"

RoboQB

Reaction score
In order to fumble, you must first have possession.
The QB was last to possess the ball. Fumble stat goes to the QB.

Also, quarterbacks are NOT taught to "stick it in their chest".
This is ridiculous. A QB is taught to "stick it in their gut" when handing off.
This is learned on the very first day of every QB's football life.
It's taught right after learning how to take a snap from center.

This thread is incredibly revealing... Sheesh.

RoboQB

Reaction score
they must have changed how they hand off recently because I was taught to take a handoff right below my sternum. take the football in your gut.. then again its been a while since i played.

Yes! Thank you!