Who fumbled, lads, Dak or Hunter? And how Dallas punched itself in the face

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who gets credit w the fumble and who is at fault aren’t the same thing..but keep pretending like you have a clue
The title of the thread is "Who fumbled" and the answer was Dak.

No where does it say "who is at fault". But keep pretending like you have a clue

sbark

Reaction score
At that position of the field I’m more against Hunter L being the play call then I am who’s to blame for the fumble . Pollard or to my way of thinking isn’t this the type of play Rico Dowdle is on the roster for ? Hard running between the tackles .

Like Malik Davis last yr complement RB is a position neither KM or MM know what to do with .

:facepalm:
Better than punting back at the 50

Luepke got two short yardage 1st downs on the drive.
The type of plays we been getting stuffed on for years....zeke, pollard, qb sneaks..

We dont need to "Carpenter" the kid ....
Pollard should have had the td, ran high

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's such a false narrative and a disingenuous response. If a qb throws a ball that perfectly hits the wr in the hands but the receiver fails to catch it and the ball bounces up and is intercepted the int shows up in the boxscore as a QB stat. If the center has a bad snap on a FG or the holder bobbles it before placing it, the missed FG goes against the Kicker. Just because that is where the stat is credited to, doesn't mean that is who is responsible. If you want to pin all bad things on a certain player, that's c your prerogative, but don't try to pass it off as fact.
No where in the OP is "who is responsible" ever get stated. Are dropped passes WR's fault? Doesn't matter because it is still an incompletion no matter what.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Interesting thoughts....... Maybe Hunter wasn't supposed to get the ball because that is how they practiced the play. That would explain why he kept his arms folded like he did instead of reaching around trying to find the ball. Maybe Dak was supposed to fake the handoff and roll out or something and just messed up the play.

I would really like to hear an explanation of what the play was actually designed to do.
Yes that's where it technically shows up in the stats, but that wasn't the real question being asked by the OP...if it was he could have looked at the box score and saved some time typing it out on a forum.

I couldn't care less about who was at fault. As I said in my previous post, this is the ultimate team sport and thousands of actions and decisions over the course of game by 30 to 40 players that determine the outcome...so laying blame or awarding success at the feet of one player doesn't make sense to me.

Additionally, fans who watch a game and have no idea of a play design and call (across all 3 groups) can say definitively who screwed up is a little ignorant in my belief.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Better than punting back at the 50

Luepke got two short yardage 1st downs on the drive.
The type of plays we been getting stuffed on for years....zeke, pollard, qb sneaks..

We dont need to "Carpenter" the kid ....
Pollard should have had the td, ran high

Dowdle . He gets 2 touches then gets mothballed

links18

Reaction score
Both Cooks and Pollard showed their allergy to the end zone on that series, before Luepeke even has a chance to put it on the ground. Pathetic.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's fine, then we can attack back all we want.

The handoff was placed perfectly in Luepke's bread basket. He simply didn't cradle it. Was too focused on scoring, Luepke forgot to receive and cradle the ball first.
Doesn't change the fact Dak is still credited with the fumble which is what the OP asked.

sbark

Reaction score
Dowdle . He gets 2 touches then gets mothballed
Saw that, was wondering why Hunter getting carries 1st drive.
Also have brought up 4th string rb past two weeks
A injury to Dowdle more serious than thought?

DallasInDC

Reaction score
No where in the OP is "who is responsible" ever get stated. Are dropped passes WR's fault? Doesn't matter because it is still an incompletion no matter what.
If the intent was to say who was "attributed" the fumble, why even start a post to ask the question That could be simply looked up...and what is the purpose of starting a post to confirm something that is definitive? So 100 people can respond with what is stated in the boxscore? This literal interpretation of the original post title doesn't make sense...especially since the body of the post discusses who was at fault.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Saw that, was wondering why Hunter getting carries 1st drive.
Also have brought up 4th string rb past two weeks
A injury to Dowdle more serious than thought?

If Dowdle is not healthy enough for compliment back status then Malik Davis . Goal line handoff Luepke ahhh no MM too many other options . Fake hand off Jet sweep either 88 9 or 3 . Get the ball in the hands of people who have seen an end zone

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Jiminey spokes!
Fox called it Dak's fumble, but didn't the lad Hunter Leupke from N. Dakota State, know to anticipate and lower and cradle the ball?

Good lads, the slow-mo shows Leupke's arms way too high to grasp the ball. Almost as the lad thought this was a feint?
Lads, cast your glistening eyes on the slo-mo.
And tell me what you think, good chaps all.

Before tha fumble: Dak, CeeDee, Fergie, Cooks rumbled downfield. Fearsome! And the ending was a fumble. And as a result, me feeling is tha fumble took the air out of our sails. Am I right?
Had Leupke held on, I am sure we win.

Holla
Despite tha, Merry Christmas me lovable ruffians. Me festivus was fun-loving!
Seinfeld-True-Story-Behind-Frank-Costanzas-Festivus-Holiday.jpg

It seems like they always charge the quarterback with a fumble when the handoff to the running back results in a fumble. Funny enough I noticed that when we play the Eagles Hurts handed off to whomever was the running back in the running back fumbled. Hurts was charged for that fumble. I've seen that a few other times as well. Fair or not that was Dak's fumble. It's just like when the quarterback throws a perfect pass to the receiver, and receiver botches the catch and it winds up as an interception, or when the ball was batted up in the air and interception. That all counts against the QB even know when you think of an interception you think of the QB getting cleanly picked off by the defender.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It was a very strange fumble. Really didn't make sense.
Unless you guys who talk about the refs influencing games are open to the shortest distance between two points being a straight line and can imagine players being in on it. You know I'm not a conspiracy person but if I were writing one it wouldn't involve leaving things to chance and circumstance with the refs.

sbark

Reaction score
If Dowdle is not healthy enough for compliment back status then Malik Davis . Goal line handoff Luepke ahhh no MM too many other options . Fake hand off Jet sweep either 88 9 or 3 . Get the ball in the hands of people who have seen an end zone
I am good with Luepke getting the rock, but did he know he was?
Would’ve been the 1st time on goal line from that formation.
Was it a option they practiced? Agree his arms too high, prep to block I’d venture.
Did Dak see something....we never know

They tried to go back to him on play prior to Cooks Td on a flat pass, but was doubled, got sacked.

sbark

Reaction score
Jiminey spokes!
Fox called it Dak's fumble, but didn't the lad Hunter Leupke from N. Dakota State, know to anticipate and lower and cradle the ball?

Good lads, the slow-mo shows Leupke's arms way too high to grasp the ball. Almost as the lad thought this was a feint?
Lads, cast your glistening eyes on the slo-mo.
And tell me what you think, good chaps all.

Before tha fumble: Dak, CeeDee, Fergie, Cooks rumbled downfield. Fearsome! And the ending was a fumble. And as a result, me feeling is tha fumble took the air out of our sails. Am I right?
Had Leupke held on, I am sure we win.

Holla
Despite tha, Merry Christmas me lovable ruffians. Me festivus was fun-loving!
Seinfeld-True-Story-Behind-Frank-Costanzas-Festivus-Holiday.jpg

Took sails out?
We scored on next drive with CD going long
Miami then took away CD & Ferguson, exploited our LT
Stifled until 4th qtr

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I would never have been giving the ball to a rookie with almost no playing time in that situation. Why Dowdle or Pollard were not in there just blows me away.

The game was essentially lost on the first and last drives of the game. The Rookie's fumble and Clark's face mask penalty.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I say Dak.

When you got a new big guy you gotta JAM it in his gut. Dak acted like he was handing off to twinkle toes with no defense bearing down.

There was probably some option that Hunter wanted to make sure Dak could do. Dak has to make sure there is no mistaken assumption...with such a raw runner.