Who Is The Best Team In Texas?

MC KAos

Reaction score
both of you guys degrading paul gasol and dirk are ridiculous! they are both amazing basketball players! the only statement that wasnt completely stupid was dirk = pao. they are both equally amazing, dirk is a much better scorer, but pao is a much better defender and rebounder.

as for the spurs, im just glad we are playing like crap with injuries, not just because. now that tim, tony and manu have had a couple of games back toguether they can start winning again, becuase if they somehow lose the #1 seed, i dont see us making it to the finals unless OKC somehow beats the lakers, and hell, we might not make it out of the first round to begin with.

PS, after dirk/pao the lakers utterly DESTROY dallas with their "size" id rather have the spurs bigs. the lakers win because of their size, see 05 through early 07 lakers for proof, its not just kobe

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
A little bump, bump, bumpity, bump for clinching the #1 seed in the West throughout.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
There was a time when I was rooting for the Lakers and Mavs to end up #2 and #3 so they'd have to face each other in the second round and one would bump off the other.

Now I'm thinking the best thing for the Spurs is if the Mavs slip to #4, because they'd be a much easier match-up than facing OKC.

If the Spurs can stay healthy through the playoff run, the fifth title is theirs for the taking!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Danny White;3900987 said:
There was a time when I was rooting for the Lakers and Mavs to end up #2 and #3 so they'd have to face each other in the second round and one would bump off the other.

Now I'm thinking the best thing for the Spurs is if the Mavs slip to #4, because they'd be a much easier match-up than facing OKC.

If the Spurs can stay healthy through the playoff run, the fifth title is theirs for the taking!
I think the Mavs really want that too.
The Spurs don't scare them in the least (not saying they shouldn't but they just don't).
They would love to play the Spurs in Rd2 over the Lakers. Not even close.

MC KAos

Reaction score
DFWJC;3901316 said:
I think the Mavs really want that too.
The Spurs don't scare them in the least (not saying they shouldn't but they just don't).
They would love to play the Spurs in Rd2 over the Lakers. Not even close.

If the mavs fall to the 4 seed there won't be a round 2 for them

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
MC KAos;3901779 said:
If the mavs fall to the 4 seed there won't be a round 2 for them

No kidding. Ain't NOBODY wants to tangle with Denver right now.

If Denver and OKC stay at 4/5, I predict that series is going to be incredible basketball. Possibly the best match-up until the conference finals.

MC KAos

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3901885 said:

If Denver and OKC stay at 4/5, I predict that series is going to be incredible basketball. Possibly the best match-up until the conference finals.

ya i agree! they dont like each other much either! i saw KD pushing galinari around at the end of their game the other day, no love lost there, should be fun (on a side not i would personally prefer the mavs in the second round, not because i think they would be easier, but because i want to beat them again, plus i know they have 0 chance vs the lakers, while OKC has like a 30% chance)

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CATCH17;3856078 said:
Mavericks.

Dallas has better bigs and a better bench.

If we had Caron Butler it wouldn't be close.

Peja + Roddy have helped out so much.

Have not seen CATCH17 post in this thread in a long long time.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MC KAos;3901783 said:
Actually it's the ladie aggs basketball team

Any pro basketball team would slap them down like as if they were a beer league team. ;)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3901885 said:

Yep. They had a really good game a couple nights ago.

George Karl was interviewed yesterday and actually admitted that his team would "55/45" rather face the Mavs than the Thunder. (And the speculation was that it was really more like 90/10 or even 100/0, but he was being PC.) Hard to believe he admitted even that.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don't know who the best team is in Texas, but I think I know the worst.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=13320319

50-Run Baseball Blowout in Texas Prompts Changes
50-run prep baseball blowout prompts changes, official says: 'The adults let those kids down'

Late on a school night, in a game already delayed because of lightning, Richardson Lake Highlands High School came to bat in the top of the fifth inning leading Dallas Samuell by around 30 runs.

Then they scored another 20 or so. The final score was either 53-0, like the scoreboard read, or 57-0, like the winning coach tallied it up. Worse even than the 56-7 Highlands win over Samuell in football this past season.

It was the most lopsided prep baseball game in state history.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3902157 said:
Yep. They had a really good game a couple nights ago.

George Karl was interviewed yesterday and actually admitted that his team would "55/45" rather face the Mavs than the Thunder. (And the speculation was that it was really more like 90/10 or even 100/0, but he was being PC.) Hard to believe he admitted even that.
George Karl was blown away today when he heard there were people out there dense enough to think he was serious.

The whole thing was in a context of how the Mavs aren't playing anyone now and are using preseason sets, etc. Karl found it amusing--and the fact that his long time friend is one the offensive "coordinators" for the Mavs.

I'm curious: where does "speculation" of 90/10 or 100/0 come from?
I'd like to know the source.

Also, if they do play the Nuggets. I will be willing to take some action on that if any of you out there really think the Mavs won't win that series.

Anjinsan

Benched
Reaction score
The Mavs just don't get it. Sign the biggest stars with no care for team chemistry. They'll flame out in the playoffs like always. Dirk's one dimensional. Spurs are by far the best team in Texas.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Anjinsan;3902748 said:
The Mavs just don't get it. Sign the biggest stars with no care for team chemistry. They'll flame out in the playoffs like always. Dirk's one dimensional. Spurs are by far the best team in Texas.
Hat's off to the Spurs, but Dallas has been one of the better teams in the last decade. It just so happens that the Spurs and Lakers are in the West.
And yes, the last couple of years they have flamed badly in the playoffs.

The chemistry looked outstanding this year before their second best player went down for the season.

Also, nobody currently playing in the NBA has averaged nearly 26 points and 11 rebound per game for their playoff career. NOBODY
I'd say Dirk most certainly is not one dimensional.
No offense, really, but you need to watch a game or two before you say that. He does rebound fairly well.