Who is the ideal head coach for this team?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/sports/cowboys/img/recordbook/coach_campo.jpg

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Rack;2313972 said:
I've always thought Cowher was overrated. He whines too much (or puts on a whiny face) for my liking.

I wouldn't mind having Jeff Fisher. :D

Botta-bing, botta-bam, botta-boom.

Anyone who knows anything about this guy would be crazy not to want him in Dallas.

You want intensity from a football team? Check.
You want passion from a football team? Check.
You want mental toughness from a football team. Check.

His emotion, energy, and fire is contagious and would be incredible for our defense. Only bad thing is, he is a 4-3 coach, so I do not see it working out.

Then again, Mike Tomlin was a Tampa-2 coach, who now coaches a 3-4 team, so it is possible.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2314020 said:
Anyone, CL, that is in the coaching field. I was trying to keep the options open. Like for me, that rules out Jimmy. His era is done. BP's era is done.

So, who do you think would be a coach for this years Cowboys? What qualities appeal to you?

I think Fisher and Belichick are two very good coaches that come to mind.

But if this is for people who complain about Wade and want someone else, I shouldn't answer, because I think he's doing fine.

What I'd like to see is a thread of realistically available coaches for people who think Wade sucks. Instead of just whining about who we have, let them name a candidate that we could actually hire.

lockster

Reaction score
Cowher?!!! No Way!!!!! He'd have Stewart Jr. here playing qb no matter how bad he was. He's too closed and singular minded to be a great headcoach IMO. A position coach yeah, we could use him there.

superpunk

Reaction score
If I had to pick someone, it would be Rex Ryan (who I wanted over Wade) or Jim Schwartz.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2314040 said:
But he wouldnt get raped at his press conferences like Wade does...

I cant stand to hear them anymore because he takes some much crap in them.

I really think Wade makes himself the whipping boy to keep it away from the players to an extent.

I think he doesn't criticize them in public because he doesn't want there to be dissent.

I also think that people have made their minds up to hate him without any effort put into understanding what he is likely doing.

that's all me though

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2314050 said:

But if this is for people who complain about Wade and want someone else, I shouldn't answer, because I think he's doing fine.

What I'd like to see is a thread of realistically available coaches for people who think Wade sucks. Instead of just whining about who we have, let them name a candidate that we could actually hire.
For me, this was just a thread to get a read on what kinda guy, folks would like to see coach this team. Temperament, ability, overall coaching ability.

As for realistically available coaches, I think that's a different thread.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
We've added a lot of uhmm ... personalities .. on this team in the last few of years. A more "buck stops here coach" might very well be the type that "disrespects" TO the next time he throws a hissy or falls asleep in meetings. Or tells Jerry that he doesn't want convicted felons and multiple time offenders added to the lockerroom. Or he doesn't feel comfortable having no input on offense because the current offensive coordinator is Jerry's golden boy who is paid more than he is.

In a way, Wade may be the perfect coach for the organization and team as it's current constructed by Jerry.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
stealth;2314036 said:
How long was Cowher a head coach before he stole a super bowl?

He would get ***** by the fans here

I fixed that for you.

I've always thought Cowher was one of the most, if not THE most overrated coach of the last 10-15 yrs...he lost numerous home playoff games and made some incrdibly stupid decisions (ie, "Kordell is a QB")

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2314050 said:

I'm in a similar situation as an Iowa Hawkeyes fan.

Kirk Ferentz and his staff are quite simply not getting the job done. Their offense is bland, boring, and predictable. There is no creativity with route combinations, and if it wasnt for an absolute beast at RB and a nasty front four, they would have lost every game, except for the first.

That being said, there are no better alternatives out there. Same situation here. I dont exactly like Wades laid back approach right now, but I'd take him over anyone else available right now. I think Wade needs to tweak some of his coaching styles or else there could be some serious trouble in the lockerroom if we start to lose a few games.

I do hope however that Garrett is the head coach of this team next year. I could very well change my mind if we come out the next few weeks pumped up and hit our opponent right in the mouth with some stout defense, but I doubt that happens.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I would love Jeff Fisher, and him to bring his DC too to replace stewart.

With what there doin in Tenn imagine what they could do with our team. Not to mention Fisher i think secertly loves him some Pacman

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2314040 said:
But he wouldnt get ***** at his press conferences like Wade does...
Clearly this is key to winning in the NFL.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Well, I don't know who I would like as head coach, that's still up for grabs, but here's who I'd assemble for some other positions.

Nors: College scouting - We have missed out on some very good talent over the years due to poor drafting. If Romo continues struggling, we may regret passing on Santos.

Eduncan: Secondary coach - We foolishly let our most consistent DB hit free agency and he was quickly snatched up. He has more INTs than our ENTIRE SECONDARY COMBINED. He might be a hasty decision here, because I don't think people would like eating crow and I can't convince him to return from the Texans' forum.

Hostile: Special Teams/Kicker - No one knows the importance of the kicking position better than Hostile, who believes that like QB, you have to draft and develop every year.

HH31: Wide Receiver - We have not run a 30 yard slant in what feels like forever. This is because the WRs don't know how to, which definately needs to be addressed.

Brainpaint: Head Cheerleader - Come on, like you didn't see this one coming.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2314148 said:
Well, I don't know who I would like as head coach, that's still up for grabs, but here's who I'd assemble for some other positions.

Nors: College scouting - We have missed out on some very good talent over the years due to poor drafting. If Romo continues struggling, we may regret passing on Santos.

Eduncan: Secondary coach - We foolishly let our most consistent DB hit free agency and he was quickly snatched up. He has more INTs than our ENTIRE SECONDARY COMBINED. He might be a hasty decision here, because I don't think people would like eating crow and I can't convince him to return from the Texans' forum.

Hostile: Special Teams/Kicker - No one knows the importance of the kicking position better than Hostile, who believes that like QB, you have to draft and develop every year.

HH31: Wide Receiver - We have not run a 30 yard slant in what feels like forever. This is because the WRs don't know how to, which definately needs to be addressed.

Brainpaint: Head Cheerleader - Come on, like you didn't see this one coming.

:bow:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
InmanRoshi;2314043 said:
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/sports/cowboys/img/recordbook/coach_campo.jpg

We have a Winner ..... Close this thread.

batman36

Reaction score
Les Miles, in a heart beat!! And should Bob Stoops leave Oklahoma any time soon, I'd like to see Miles there as well.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2314066 said:
We've added a lot of uhmm ... personalities .. on this team in the last few of years. A more "buck stops here coach" might very well be the type that "disrespects" TO the next time he throws a hissy or falls asleep in meetings. Or tells Jerry that he doesn't want convicted felons and multiple time offenders added to the lockerroom. Or he doesn't feel comfortable having no input on offense because the current offensive coordinator is Jerry's golden boy who is paid more than he is.

In a way, Wade may be the perfect coach for the organization and team as it's current constructed by Jerry.

This pretty much mirrors my thoughts. It is kinda like playing the old veteran QB while the next in line holds the clipboard. Wade is not a fool. Jerry needs a coach who is really more of a figurehead to help in the transition. I like Wade and respect him for his loyalty to Jerry and the organization. He is paid to do a job not many would want to do. And as a bonus he has people complaining all the time. I think Wade will have another year, the Cowboys will be another draft deep and Jason will be ready and Wade may be able to say he formed the latest dynasty, could work out well for all of them.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2314097 said:
I'm in a similar situation as an Iowa Hawkeyes fan.

Kirk Ferentz and his staff are quite simply not getting the job done. Their offense is bland, boring, and predictable. There is no creativity with route combinations, and if it wasnt for an absolute beast at RB and a nasty front four, they would have lost every game, except for the first.

That being said, there are no better alternatives out there. Same situation here.

Change the name and the "nasty front four" part and this sounds like a Purdue fan.