Who is the ideal head coach for this team?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jason Garrett teamed with an aggressive ( I cannot stress that enough) D-coordinator.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2314148 said:
Well, I don't know who I would like as head coach, that's still up for grabs, but here's who I'd assemble for some other positions.

Nors: College scouting - We have missed out on some very good talent over the years due to poor drafting. If Romo continues struggling, we may regret passing on Santos.

Eduncan: Secondary coach - We foolishly let our most consistent DB hit free agency and he was quickly snatched up. He has more INTs than our ENTIRE SECONDARY COMBINED. He might be a hasty decision here, because I don't think people would like eating crow and I can't convince him to return from the Texans' forum.

Hostile: Special Teams/Kicker - No one knows the importance of the kicking position better than Hostile, who believes that like QB, you have to draft and develop every year.

HH31: Wide Receiver - We have not run a 30 yard slant in what feels like forever. This is because the WRs don't know how to, which definately needs to be addressed.

Brainpaint: Head Cheerleader - Come on, like you didn't see this one coming.

Wouldn't this signify the end times?

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Rack;2313972 said:
I've always thought Cowher was overrated. He whines too much (or puts on a whiny face) for my liking.

I wouldn't mind having Jeff Fisher. :D

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: Jeff Fisher

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Are our choices limited to 3-4 coaches? If not, in no particular order (Im sure most will disagree):

Bill Belichick (we would win the Super Bowl easily)

Tony Dungy

Jeff Fisher

Bill Cowher

Andy Reid (bring Jim Johnson with him)

John Fox

Jack Del Rio

Mike Shanahan

es22

Reaction score
Gruden would be ideal for this team. He has the passion that alot of successful coaches (ie parcells and Johnson) had

Reaction score
es22;2314242 said:
Gruden would be ideal for this team. He has the passion that alot of successful coaches (ie parcells and Johnson) had

He NO! He took Tony Dungy's team and won a Superbowl, what has he done lately?

Boysboy

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2314246 said:
He NO! He took Tony Dungy's team and won a Superbowl, what has he done lately?

The knock on him is that he's NOT a very good disciplinarian.

Sound familiar?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Boysboy;2314252 said:
The knock on him is that he's NOT a very good disciplinarian.

Sound familiar?

And yet he took the Tampa Bay Bucs to a Super Bowl and won with personalities like Keyshawn Johnson and Warren Sapp.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;2314234 said:
Are our choices limited to 3-4 coaches? If not, in no particular order (Im sure most will disagree):

Bill Belichick (we would win the Super Bowl easily)

Tony Dungy

Jeff Fisher

Bill Cowher

Andy Reid (bring Jim Johnson with him)

John Fox

Jack Del Rio

Mike Shanahan
I like Del Rio. Defensively his teams have always been sound. A bit on the conservative side on the offense.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2314276 said:
I like Del Rio. Defensively his teams have always been sound. A bit on the conservative side on the offense.

I just assumed that Red Jesus would be retained as OC.

Personally, I doubt a Head Coach could fix the attitude of this team.

It will have to be a player similar to Ray Lewis.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well, at this point, I don't care, I will coach..............I just want Wade gone.

As for who I want next, well I think it would have to be JG only cause I think he is next inline for the position and if we gave it to someone else he would probably want to leave.

The more important position with JG at head coach is defensive coordinator, cause Stewart can go on the same ship that Wade leaves in.

What we really need is an excellent defensive coordinator, and let JG be the head coach like he is supposed to be anyway.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the Tennessee D-coordinator, or DB coach

idk who they are, but they get those guys ready to play

or Jason Garrett

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maikeru-sama;2314234 said:
Are our choices limited to 3-4 coaches?

I hope not .... I do not think the 3-4 matches our players.

I think we would be more effective in a 4-3.

But then again I am not a defensive coordinator ...... I just play one on the internets!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
zrinkill;2314344 said:
I hope not .... I do not think the 3-4 matches our players.

I think we would be more effective in a 4-3.

But then again I am not a defensive coordinator ...... I just play one on the internets!

:laugh2:

Just out of curiousity, what would you do with Ratliff in a 4-3? Would you keep him at Tackle or move him to end?

Also, I think Demarcus Ware would be a better NFL Linebacker than a Defensive End, assuming that you would move him to Right End in a 4-3 scheme.

But hopefully our 3-4 scheme doesn't limit the coaches we choose from.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;2314282 said:
I just assumed that Red Jesus would be retained as OC.

Personally, I doubt a Head Coach could fix the attitude of this team.

It will have to be a player similar to Ray Lewis.
It's funny, I thought there would be more votes for Garrett as the HC. That said, I never really took that into consideration. I think if another HC was brought in, then it would seem that JG was gone.

On a side note, it didn't matter whether the coach was a 3-4 or 4-3.

Nexx

Reaction score
Rack;2313972 said:
I've always thought Cowher was overrated. He whines too much (or puts on a whiny face) for my liking.

I wouldn't mind having Jeff Fisher. :D

I disagree on Cowher. From what I read, he is a great motivator and leader which is exactly what this team loaded with talent needs at the moment.

I completely agree on Fisher, love that guy.