Who is the most over rated player in Dallas Cowboys history

XXLMike

Reaction score
Glover was an excellent DT so you are full of crap there - only you would say he was over rated
Deware makes no surprise coming from someone so bereft of football judgement
You’re a big fan of guys who never got it done in a big spot.

Michael Strahan is a guy who got it done in a big spot - stop embarrassing yourself and when you speak to me make sure you’re prepared with ammunition because nobody nobody knows football on this board like I do,

Glover was a nice player that was about it- we got him on the back end of his career with the Saints.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Without a doubt Jason Witten.

That guy was a little above average at best. His last 3 or 4 years were terrible as he somehow slowed down.

Stats were always padded by garbage time.
Too many of you remember him from his later years when he slowed down. Even then he was a great chain mover. He missed like one game in his entire career. He’ll be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

J12B

Reaction score
Witten is the pick really? Maybe Witten in his mid 30s was overrated but he was a great TE and had a HOF career.
No way he gets into the HOF.

He was above average at best.

Way too slow. Did nothing after the catch and didn't catch a lot of Touchdowns.

Antonio Gates had 116 TD receptions compared to Witten's 74 (in like 17 seasons).

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Dak and I don't believe its particularly close either. If we're playing a bully I can't think of a marquee player I've seen in my viewing lifetime that I trust less to deliver than Dak.
I don't think he is overrated. If you do a Google search of negative Dak articles I think you will find a healthy number of them stating that he is not all that and a hill of beans.

What pisses people off is the wage he is receiving for the results on the field. As far as accolades and analysis of his performance as a QB in the NFL I don't think this guy is overrated.

Below is the summary taken from an AI bot. I think this clearly shows he is not overrated.

Analysis of Negative Articles on Dak Prescott’s Performance

1. Postseason Struggles:
  2. Inconsistent Performances:
  3. High-Pressure Situations:
  4. Public and Media Perception:
Overall, the negative articles about Dak Prescott focus on his postseason struggles, inconsistency, difficulties in high-pressure situations, and the harsh public and media scrutiny he faces. These factors contribute to the ongoing debate about his ability to lead the Dallas Cowboys to ultimate success.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Marion Barber III. (RIP).

Good back who should've been used situationally but was treated like a future HOF Emmitt Smith clone. He never gained 1000 yards in a season but was still oddly considered one of the more elite RB's in football then and now. I'll call him most overrated because his overrating led to his overuse as a closer and cut his career short and broke his health.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Marion Barber III. (RIP).

Good back who should've been used situationally but was treated like a future HOF Emmitt Smith clone. He never gained 1000 yards in a season but was still oddly considered one of the more elite RB's in football then and now. I'll call him most overrated because his overrating led to his overuse as a closer and cut his career short and broke his health.
He was a great closer and that's where he should have stayed.