Who is the most over rated player in Dallas Cowboys history

CWR

Reaction score
Summary. Jason Witten played 17 seasons for the Cowboys and Raiders. He had 1,228 catches for 13,046 yards and scored 74 touchdowns. He was selected to play in 11 Pro Bowls, and won the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award.

Yup, and he blocked and played with heart. Totally overrated.

starfan1

Reaction score
Roy Williams the safety he couldn’t cover for squat fans some fans loved him because he could lay the wood but I cringed every time a qb looked his direction

He did however get a rule change the old horse collar is his baby

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Whoever I bring up will probably get a lot of hate, but I remember getting in this preposterous argument with a cowboys fan over a decade ago that Dawkins wasn’t close to as good as Darren Woodson. Just blew my mind how much of a homer someone can be.

12 years later one is a second ballot HoFer, and the other has been eligible for 16 years.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Whoever I bring up will probably get a lot of hate, but I remember getting in this preposterous argument with a cowboys fan over a decade ago that Dawkins wasn’t close to as good as Darren Woodson. Just blew my mind how much of a homer someone can be.

12 years later one is a second ballot HoFer, and the other has been eligible for 16 years.
Woodson should already be in the HOF and probably will one day.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Two guys come to mind. Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson is the first. Fans loved him because he was flashy. But he was a headache for the coaching staff and most of his team mates.

Brace yourself for the next one!!!

Duane Thomas. Lasted two seasons. Fans loved him because he was a SB MVP gaining 90 odd yards in that game. But he was not coachable and a terrible team mate. Actually a Cowboy contemporary of his named Calvin Hill had a much better career as a RB. Folks have forgotten Hill. Sadly Thomas passed away just a few days ago. I am really glad that he changed into a very nice person later in his life.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
No way he gets into the HOF.

He was above average at best.

Way too slow. Did nothing after the catch and didn't catch a lot of Touchdowns.

Antonio Gates had 116 TD receptions compared to Witten's 74 (in like 17 seasons).
Witten is a hall of fame lock, pin this for when he does get in. Not many TEs get in 1st ballot, but he will get in at some point. PFR does a pretty good job in projecting hall of fame credentials, and you're right about 1 thing... He's an above average... Hall of Fame TE candidate.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_TE.htm

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most pampered and given everything but the deed of the team Mr......(Drum roll please) Deer in the Headlights Prescotto!!!
dak-prescott-dak.gif

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Without a doubt Jason Witten.

That guy was a little above average at best. His last 3 or 4 years were terrible as he somehow slowed down.

Stats were always padded by garbage time.
That guy might be in the HoF.