Who is the most over rated player in Dallas Cowboys history

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Whoever I bring up will probably get a lot of hate, but I remember getting in this preposterous argument with a cowboys fan over a decade ago that Dawkins wasn’t close to as good as Darren Woodson. Just blew my mind how much of a homer someone can be.

12 years later one is a second ballot HoFer, and the other has been eligible for 16 years.
That's a weird comparison. One came in 4 years prior then the other.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And that is why it blows my mind that anyone but his most loyal fans can even think of re-signing him.
The same guys saying they don't trust Dak just saw Lance throw 5 interceptions in a game and want him to "get reps". The anti Dak crowd isn't really the best judgement of talent.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The same guys saying they don't trust Dak just saw Lance throw 5 interceptions in a game and want him to "get reps". The anti Dak crowd isn't really the best judgement of talent.
I know it's hard for some of you to put down the Dak shields and support other players on the team.

Since you are trying to insinuate that I'm all in on Lance, I don't know that I have ever watched him play til this preseason (maybe caught a bit of game when he was in SF). I'm just being objective that he has shown progress and if he's ever going to develop he needs reps. If not, cut him now.

pitt33

Reaction score
He may be the most underrated player by his own fans. Many claim he sucks. Don’t know how anyone could put him on an overrated list with all the disrespect he gets here.
I can’t think of ONE signature win that man has delivered in his time as the starter.

NFC East wins don’t count here.

I really can’t think of one where the opponent was far superior and he led his team to victory.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know it's hard for some of you to put down the Dak shields and support other players on the team.

Since you are trying to insinuate that I'm all in on Lance, I don't know that I have ever watched him play til this preseason (maybe caught a bit of game when he was in SF). I'm just being objective that he has shown progress and if he's ever going to develop he needs reps. If not, cut him now.
I support the whole team. I support Lance. But I don't care if its Dak or Lance if someone throws 5 interceptions in a game whether it be a playoff game or a regular season or hell preseason i'm not gonna sit here and make excuses for it. That's the only difference between me and you guys. Y'all are too far gone to come back so I get it. ONce you go anti Dak you gotta commit to it. I just don't think Lance is very good but I hope i'm wrong on that. For me to have faith in Lance would mean I don't trust Kyle Shanahan and I trust him more than Jerry Jones right now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can’t think of ONE signature win that man has delivered in his time as the starter.

NFC East wins don’t count here.

I really can’t think of one where the opponent was far superior and he led his team to victory.
You don't have to go too far. Did you see the Lions and Seahawks games last year. Where the defense sucked? NFC East wins don't count lol...the most important wins in the regular season wins you have are your divisional games because they can determine if you make it to the playoffs and/or get homefield. But to you they don't matter. Ridiculous lol. You mean it doesn't fit your narrative that he sucks if you can't mention Eagles games right?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I support the whole team. I support Lance. But I don't care if its Dak or Lance if someone throws 5 interceptions in a game whether it be a playoff game or a regular season or hell preseason i'm not gonna sit here and make excuses for it. That's the only difference between me and you guys. Y'all are too far gone to come back so I get it. ONce you go anti Dak you gotta commit to it. I just don't think Lance is very good but I hope i'm wrong on that. For me to have faith in Lance would mean I don't trust Kyle Shanahan and I trust him more than Jerry Jones right now.
What excuses have I or anyone offered?

Did you offer any excuses in any of the 19 games Dak has had two or more interceptions or the 11 where he has had two or more fumbles?

What does thinking he's very good or not have to do with giving him opportunities while he's under contract?

gtb1943

Reaction score
You’re a big fan of guys who never got it done in a big spot.

Michael Strahan is a guy who got it done in a big spot - stop embarrassing yourself and when you speak to me make sure you’re prepared with ammunition because nobody nobody knows football on this board like I do,

Glover was a nice player that was about it- we got him on the back end of his career with the Saints.
nobody knows football like you do?
Then Nobody must be a three year old sucking his thumb and waiting for someone to change his diaper