Who says the referees are not biased and help other teams beat the Cowboys?

Brax

Reaction score
You throw a lot of mud out at others who disagree. It must be a heavy burden being so right all the time.

But please don't think your exposition is such that people here don't understand.
Not a burden at all, being right is simply being right, I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong. Give and take when folks like to dish it out they know they will get it back in some form Not sure why you jumped in but go read some old posts of your buddy and then maybe you will understand a little better.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
how bout when ceedee was held with two hands on his arm and greg Olsen is like ahh gotta love a good physical football game

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Yeah, I never played the sport. Only made the Texas High School All State team twice while playing 2 years of semi-pro football afterwards. What did you do waterboy?
You win, I'm a nobody. The only thing noteworthy I did was become a certified SWAT sniper. Small beans compared to Mr. Semi Pro football player. 6 lifesaving awards are worthless as well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You win, I'm a nobody. The only thing noteworthy I did was become a certified SWAT sniper. Small beans compared to Mr. Semi Pro football player.
Oh, thank you for your service. Seriously. One of the most dangerous jobs anyone can do is to put your life on the line on a daily basis.

Blitzen

Reaction score
we lost, there were some missed calls but we lost...could have still won there at the end - cant blame the refs, bad calls / non calls happen all the time.
You can tell the homers are not trying to listen to reason. The refs stole victory away from the Cowboys. I played team sports for decades, and I would not tolerate my teammates crying about unfair penalty calling. Play better and more disciplined if you want to win. Quit playing the victim. Jones has conditioned some of you to expect preferential treatment.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’ve only been a football fan since the 1966 season so I can only speak about the 1966 and of the all subsequent seasons, but one thing has been consistent through the years. Every week of every season half the fan bases of teams that played complain about the officiating.
True, but it's hard to dispute the bias or double standard caught on video.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You can tell the homers are not trying to listen to reason. The refs stole victory away from the Cowboys. I played team sports for decades, and I would not tolerate my teammates crying about unfair penalty calling. Play better and more disciplined if you want to win. Quit playing the victim. Jones has conditioned some of you to expect preferential treatment.
I never was one to tolerate any excuse during my playing days, but as an adult, one eventually gets to see how influential biased or inconsistent officiating can truly affect a game. This will never get fixed or improved upon if fans don't rightfully complain. There is a difference between a player complaining and a fan complaining.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Not a burden at all, being right is simply being right, I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong. Give and take when folks like to dish it out they know they will get it back in some form Not sure why you jumped in but go read some old posts of your buddy and then maybe you will understand a little better.
I find your answer to him to be both a strawman. I indicated this. If you need a definition, I will be happy to offer one. And the hubris with which you assumed you could read another human's history through a post on a sports' message board, which behavior borders on arrogance.

The timber of your comment was ridicule. And assuming you know the guy when, after his comments about playing the game unequivocally were, in the light of day, incorrect.

I've been posting here with him for a pretty good while. I don't always agree with him about things. But he and I can have a discussion and disagree without jumping to some slanderous comment to belittle him because you think you know better.

I'm not any Pollyanna here. I've had more than my share of dust ups on this board and been reproached by the leadership to change my attitude.

But your post was pure condescension with a lingering flavor of reprehension.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I believe the penalties were 8 Cowboys vs 7 Egirls. Not all that one sided. Stop committing stupid penalties and then nothing to worry about.
well remember the Eagles had three meaningless ones early on, and then three on the last drive, all of which were clear an obvious. In the second and third, when the game was really decided, they had none after the DPI on Ferguson,

They had no penalty that took away a play from them, we did. They also had one picked up which would have given us a first down.

The totals were basically equal but our penalties hurt more.

Brax

Reaction score
I find your answer to him to be both a strawman. I indicated this. If you need a definition, I will be happy to offer one. And the hubris with which you assumed you could read another human's history through a post on a sports' message board, which behavior borders on arrogance.

The timber of your comment was ridicule. And assuming you know the guy when, after his comments about playing the game unequivocally were, in the light of day, incorrect.

I've been posting here with him for a pretty good while. I don't always agree with him about things. But he and I can have a discussion and disagree without jumping to some slanderous comment to belittle him because you think you know better.

I'm not any Pollyanna here. I've had more than my share of dust ups on this board and been reproached by the leadership to change my attitude.

But your post was pure condescension with a lingering flavor of reprehension.
Go preach somewhere else you’re bad at it. Slanderous, get real, you’ve elevated yourself to the board now. Press the ignore button oh sanctimonious one and both our lives will be better.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great point by Chris Simms here. He's right.

This has always been a rule hasnt it, it happens every game , forward progress is when the knee, shin, forearm hits the ground and you Mark where tge ball is. What am I missing?

Carson

Reaction score
This has always been a rule hasnt it, it happens every game , forward progress is when the knee, shin, forearm hits the ground and you Mark where tge ball is. What am I missing?
I don’t think he explained it how he wanted.

Simms is saying once Schoon catches that he is down. But if he bobbled the pass and then regains it. When is he considered down

plymkr

Reaction score
If the fix was in for Philly would the refs call about 60 yards in penalties on the last drive?
I would say the refs would call 60 yards of penalties because it gave Dallas a chance at the end. That is good TV and that’s good entertainment.

Again I’m not saying the refs are fixing games. I believe refs are influencing games for ratings purposes. And this directive comes from the NFL to generate revenue and viewers. I would like to see what the NFL would look like if the refs called the games without the idea to generate ratings and entertainment. I’m not convinced the NFL is fixed. I’m not dying on that hill. I will argue the NFL is influenced by money and ratings and the refs are told to make the games competitive or influence the games to be more exciting. That I believe a 100%.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I
well remember the Eagles had three meaningless ones early on, and then three on the last drive, all of which were clear an obvious. In the second and third, when the game was really decided, they had none after the DPI on Ferguson,

They had no penalty that took away a play from them, we did. They also had one picked up which would have given us a first down.

The totals were basically equal but our penalties hurt more.
The Eagles were flagged twice on our last drive which helped move the ball past mid-field in short order and opportunity to win the game.

Funny how this is being glossed over by the conspiracy crew.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Please cite your evidence by his post which calls into question if he played organized football or not.

Then explain to the class what playing organized football has to do with being a fan who has watched this game for decades and seen missed calls, been made aware of the league exemplifying calls that were clearly missed, and how, at some point in your life, you put on a helmet and this makes you some football savant versus a guy who didn't. If it is truly the case he did not play football.

The hubris of the above statement you made is only eclipsed by the strawman you built to support your position.
You obviously don't get sarcasm

That's a standard line of the guy he was replying to

Anyone who criticizes Dak "was a bench warmer" or "played in the marching band"

Guy says it all the time, while bragging incessantly about his supposed "all state" HS career.

@Brax was just giving him a taste of his own meds

I think you need to pay more attention to the people you defend.