Who was the worst starting Dallas QB of all time?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If most people saw it my way, that should tell you something.
:thumbup:
Honestly I see many post or words being misread or misinterpreted . Sometimes people see what they want to see.

I’m not sure if the masses all reading into it wrong is worthy of notation other than poor reading comprehension which is unfortunately far too common on the internet.

Nav22

Reaction score
Honestly I see many post or words being misread or misinterpreted . Sometimes people see what they want to see.

I’m not sure if the masses all reading into it wrong is worthy of notation other than poor reading comprehension which is unfortunately far too common on the internet.
The masses know how to read.

If we "interpreted it incorrectly" it's because the OP wasn't clear.

A backup QB who STARTS a game is quite literally the STARTING QB for that game. That isn't at all debatable.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The masses know how to read.

If we "interpreted it incorrectly" it's because the OP wasn't clear.

A backup QB who STARTS a game is quite literally the STARTING QB for that game. That isn't at all debatable.
If you want to interpret that every backup QB who started a game for us was a NFL starting QB that’s on you and others .

Then let’s ask the OP for clarification .

Maybe it was intention to include every QB who ever started a game for the Cowboys.

@diamonddelts

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Ryan "Can I Have A Key To The Medicine Cabinet" Leaf.

From his Wikipedia entry:
******** ranked Leaf as the sixth worst NFL player of all time in 2011, opining "To call Leaf a bust is unfair to the Blair Thomases and David Carrs of the world."[65]

Nav22

Reaction score
If you want to interpret that every backup QB who started a game for us was a NFL starting QB that’s on you and others .

Then let’s ask the OP for clarification .

Maybe it was intention to include every QB who ever started a game for the Cowboys.

@diamonddelts
LOL we've already established that the OP wasn't clear if most people in this thread misunderstood what he meant.

Your statement is literally correct: every QB who has started an NFL game was literally an NFL starting QB, even if it was just for 1 game.

The OP never clarified "FULL-TIME STARTER" or "NUMBER 1 ON THE DEPTH CHART ENTERING THE SEASON."

How are you even arguing this?
:lmao2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brad Johnson was totally washed but managed to steal money for two years in Dallas. He was abysmal when called upon.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL we've already established that the OP wasn't clear if most people in this thread misunderstood what he meant.

Your statement is literally correct: every QB who has started an NFL game was literally an NFL starting QB, even if it was just for 1 game.

The OP never clarified "FULL-TIME STARTER" or "NUMBER 1 ON THE DEPTH CHART ENTERING THE SEASON."

How are you even arguing this?
:lmao2:
Because I don’t believe most NFL fans believe if you start one game in your career are considered a starting QB. Instead I believe some fans misread or mistook OP meaning.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Exactly, he was a much better QB than fans wanna admit.
Fans make him out to be a lot worse than he was because of the bad teams we had when he got here under Campo and the way it ended for him because of his drug issues. He did have some good games and led the Cowboys to a 10-6 season and the playoffs. He had a winning QB record, Neither Steve Pelluer or Gary Hogeboom ever led the Cowboys to the playoffs and both had losing QB records.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
As much as I could not stomach the QC years, he is not the worst starting QB for the Cowboys. Be good to know what everyone is considering a "starter". IMO someone that starts a couple of games to fill in for an injured player does not count.

Scotman

Reaction score
Steve Pelluer. Two reason. 1. His play on the field. 2. My wife mistakenly thought I would love his jersey as my first real Cowboys jersey.

Babe didn't play well. But I know him personally and he's a genuinely good guy. So, I couldn't vote for him.