Who wins the NFC East next year?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
You do realize how much more significant their injuries were than ours, right? It also took OT and a horrible non call against them for us to beat them in the second game. They went as far as we did in the playoffs, you act like we’re that much better.

Assuming they even half the injuries they did last year they will only be better. Biggest question mark is Wentz.

surely you jest, I am told here all the time, ref calls have no bearing on the outcome,,,,

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Eagles - with our coaching staff and our BRUTAL schedule next year, we'll be lucky to win 8 games. We need new blood, these
coaches have become long in the tooth. Time for new ideas.
Pretty sure we heard this same thing going into this season, yet we won 10 games, the division and a playoff game. The season ending on a sour note in LA should not cloud the fact that this very young team should only get better.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Dallas is very young and getting better. There are less question marks at key positions going into this offseason then there were last year, namely WR (1&2), TE, Defense overall. I say resign some of our own, make a smart splash signing (DT or S), and continue to build this team through the draft. The arrow is pointing up for both the offense and defense.

The rest of the NFC East teams have been throwing money at older big name free agents lately and hopefully cap hell strikes them soon.....

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Looking ahead now that the season is over, who is the team to beat in the NFC East?

The Eagles should have their full roster back next season with the exception of Foles. He has an option year coming up that will hit the Eagles cap for about $20 million. My guess is he will get some big offers from other teams, but it would not surprise me if the Eagles figure out a way to keep him. Wentz has a history of injuries and frankly was not that good when he was playing. The Eagles only have Brandon Graham as a major free agent. They have no cap room now (-$14MM), but letting Foles walk frees up $20 million. Their offensive and defensive linemen are almost all under contract for 2019. They are going to be tough again and hungrier than this year. I believe the Eagles will sign Graham and still add a player or two in the draft or via a trade. Look for them to get a LB and secondary help plus a RB.

The Giants have the #6 pick in the draft and have a few big holes in their roster, including QB. Manning could play another year in which case the Giants will probably draft offensive line in the first round. They could also look to Free Agency to fill holes there. Landon Collins is a major free agent for them but I bet the resign him. I think the Giants could be the most improved team in the NFC next season depending on their QB situation. If they get an offensive line to block for Barkley, look out.

The Commanders have a QB problem. They have some cap room to sign a free agent and some are saying Foles could wind up in Washington, but I am not sure about that. I don't think Alex Smith will be playing when the season starts and Colt McCoy is not going to be good enough. The Commanders have almost everyone on their team under contract. so it depends on what changes they make.

The Cowboys are going to come back looking very similar to what they are now. They have already signaled that they will not be a player in free agency and they have a first place schedule next year. The will plays the Rams, Saints, Bears and Vikings for sure with the Bears and Saints on the road. Cole Beasley is their most significant free agent but they have more cap space than any team in their division. If Lee and Hurns are let go, they will have about $62- $66 million in cap room which they will use to sign their own players.

NY, Washington and Philly have all shown a willingness to improve their roster by signing free agents. Its hard to say how active they will be this year but I am betting the Giants are the most active after letting Eli Apple and Snacks Harrison go in trades.

I believe the Eagles will once again be the team to beat in the NFC East barring injuries of course. But I also think the Giants could be the sleeper team depending on their QB situation.
The Eagles have some looming cap issues to deal with. On talk radio up here today, looks like Foles is gone as he wants to start somewhere and Pederson said Wentz is the QB next year.

Ngata--gone
Ajayi--gone
Bennett--gone
Graham--50/50
Peters--50/50
Sproles--might change his mind and play one more year
Long--50/50
Kelce--was talking retirement at age 31, but looks like he'll be back
McLeod--Can he recover from his bad injury?
Sidney Jones--never fully recovered, may be 100% next year
Brooks--6-8 months with Achilles (?)
Cox--wait and see, foot injury could be bad, played injured half of last game
Jeffery--played most of last game with broken rib, will be back
Wentz--Will he ever be healthy? He looks great when he is...

Howie Roseman will have to have another GOAT offseason.

Dallas
Philly
(gap)
Giants/Deadskins, who knows with those two anymore.

We are the team to beat next year, but I won't be surprised if Philly wins and we are second. Can't see the other teams in the mix. I think both us and Philly get in the playoffs next year again.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Looking ahead now that the season is over, who is the team to beat in the NFC East?

The Eagles should have their full roster back next season with the exception of Foles. He has an option year coming up that will hit the Eagles cap for about $20 million. My guess is he will get some big offers from other teams, but it would not surprise me if the Eagles figure out a way to keep him. Wentz has a history of injuries and frankly was not that good when he was playing. The Eagles only have Brandon Graham as a major free agent. They have no cap room now (-$14MM), but letting Foles walk frees up $20 million. Their offensive and defensive linemen are almost all under contract for 2019. They are going to be tough again and hungrier than this year. I believe the Eagles will sign Graham and still add a player or two in the draft or via a trade. Look for them to get a LB and secondary help plus a RB.

The Giants have the #6 pick in the draft and have a few big holes in their roster, including QB. Manning could play another year in which case the Giants will probably draft offensive line in the first round. They could also look to Free Agency to fill holes there. Landon Collins is a major free agent for them but I bet the resign him. I think the Giants could be the most improved team in the NFC next season depending on their QB situation. If they get an offensive line to block for Barkley, look out.

The Commanders have a QB problem. They have some cap room to sign a free agent and some are saying Foles could wind up in Washington, but I am not sure about that. I don't think Alex Smith will be playing when the season starts and Colt McCoy is not going to be good enough. The Commanders have almost everyone on their team under contract. so it depends on what changes they make.

The Cowboys are going to come back looking very similar to what they are now. They have already signaled that they will not be a player in free agency and they have a first place schedule next year. The will plays the Rams, Saints, Bears and Vikings for sure with the Bears and Saints on the road. Cole Beasley is their most significant free agent but they have more cap space than any team in their division. If Lee and Hurns are let go, they will have about $62- $66 million in cap room which they will use to sign their own players.

NY, Washington and Philly have all shown a willingness to improve their roster by signing free agents. Its hard to say how active they will be this year but I am betting the Giants are the most active after letting Eli Apple and Snacks Harrison go in trades.

I believe the Eagles will once again be the team to beat in the NFC East barring injuries of course. But I also think the Giants could be the sleeper team depending on their QB situation.

Dem Cowboys gonna kick dem bald eagle butts, barring injuries of course. See what I did there, gave myself a longer noose to hang myself if I'm wrong. Sort of like OP with the "barring injuries" caveat. That's like saying my horse is gonna win the Derby barring a muddy track. Glad OP posted this, now I don't have to sit through the frustrations of another football season. Thanks OP. You da bestest creeper/troll!!:laugh::grin:

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Loved the shot of the Wincer consoling Folsie "It's ok Folsie we'll get em next year". What we didn't see was the knife behind the back. Et tu Brute was "Folsies last breath"

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dallas wins it.

The first place schedule thing is overblown. It's two different games than the rest of the division; and we are assuming said teams will be as good as they were in 2018.

pancakeman

Reaction score
The "first-place schedule" thing is often overblown, but this year (at least as of now) the winners of the other NFC divisions are far stronger than the field, so I do think that will make the path steeper for the Cowboys next year. I'd put Cowboys percentage chances better than the other individual teams', but still maybe under 50%.

Verdict

Reaction score

The Cowboys will be the team to beat because they just won it this year. Eagles are right there close. Giants and Commanders are distant contenders from the peanut gallery right now.

As it stands right now, neither the Skins or the Giants have a good QB.

Fmart322

Reaction score
For the NFC East title, they were the toughest competition. They were 2nd place and a game behind.
2 games behind. They would have had to win 1 more game because we swept them.

Noclaf

Reaction score
Pretty sure we heard this same thing going into this season, yet we won 10 games, the division and a playoff game. The season ending on a sour note in LA should not cloud the fact that this very young team should only get better.
When in the last 20 years has this team been young and never gotten better?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles have a the better GM and coach in the division.
There defense will still be a major force.
Wentz is the Best QB in the division!
We will once again face offensive woes that in the end will cost us the division.
Hate to say it but logic dictates.....Eagles

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Just looked it up...………..last team in the East to repeat was the Eagles in 2004.

Even though Dallas has won the East 3 of the last 5 seasons, none were back to back.

So yea, pretty good bet it wont be Dallas winning the East next year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As others said too early. I will say Dallas is the youngest team and while the season was a disappointment I do think this team will challenge once again for the NFC East division.