Who wins the NFC East next year?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles have a the better GM and coach in the division.
There defense will still be a major force.
Wentz is the Best QB in the division!
We will once again face offensive woes that in the end will cost us the division.
Hate to say it but logic dictates.....Eagles

Those conditions, if one excepts them to be true, all existed this season, and the Eagles did not win, so your logic is flawed.

Ken

Reaction score
Eagles by a good amount, then Cowboys and Giants/Skins a distant 3rd and 4th.
Why? What is this good amount justified by?

The fact that we swept them this year?

I don't know why i come to these boards sometimes, i really don't.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the only team in the East who will be defending their title next season is Dallas...as the defending East Champ.
better roster.
better QB.
screw the rest.
:starspin:THE EAST IS OUR HOUSE:starspin:

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Looking ahead now that the season is over, who is the team to beat in the NFC East?

The Eagles should have their full roster back next season with the exception of Foles. He has an option year coming up that will hit the Eagles cap for about $20 million. My guess is he will get some big offers from other teams, but it would not surprise me if the Eagles figure out a way to keep him. Wentz has a history of injuries and frankly was not that good when he was playing. The Eagles only have Brandon Graham as a major free agent. They have no cap room now (-$14MM), but letting Foles walk frees up $20 million. Their offensive and defensive linemen are almost all under contract for 2019. They are going to be tough again and hungrier than this year. I believe the Eagles will sign Graham and still add a player or two in the draft or via a trade. Look for them to get a LB and secondary help plus a RB.

The Giants have the #6 pick in the draft and have a few big holes in their roster, including QB. Manning could play another year in which case the Giants will probably draft offensive line in the first round. They could also look to Free Agency to fill holes there. Landon Collins is a major free agent for them but I bet the resign him. I think the Giants could be the most improved team in the NFC next season depending on their QB situation. If they get an offensive line to block for Barkley, look out.

The Commanders have a QB problem. They have some cap room to sign a free agent and some are saying Foles could wind up in Washington, but I am not sure about that. I don't think Alex Smith will be playing when the season starts and Colt McCoy is not going to be good enough. The Commanders have almost everyone on their team under contract. so it depends on what changes they make.

The Cowboys are going to come back looking very similar to what they are now. They have already signaled that they will not be a player in free agency and they have a first place schedule next year. The will plays the Rams, Saints, Bears and Vikings for sure with the Bears and Saints on the road. Cole Beasley is their most significant free agent but they have more cap space than any team in their division. If Lee and Hurns are let go, they will have about $62- $66 million in cap room which they will use to sign their own players.

NY, Washington and Philly have all shown a willingness to improve their roster by signing free agents. Its hard to say how active they will be this year but I am betting the Giants are the most active after letting Eli Apple and Snacks Harrison go in trades.

I believe the Eagles will once again be the team to beat in the NFC East barring injuries of course. But I also think the Giants could be the sleeper team depending on their QB situation.

I think the Eagles will be extremely tough with a healthy Carson Wentz again as well as Washington with Alex Smith. As Eagles fans learned this year predictions like this are meaningless when the season starts, and injuries accumulate throughout the year. If my feet were held to a fire I'd say either of those 3 teams that comes out of training camp the most healthy will take the division.

Giants have big issues that won't be resolved in 1 off-season.

visionary

Reaction score
Depends on what the cowboys do

If we get an innovative young OC AND sign a DT (1T), TE and FS in FA, then we are the favorites

If we don't do these, then the eagles overtake us

silvrNblue

Reaction score
ROfL... have all of you on this nothing burger bandwagon thought about this one little fact.... Clapper and his vanillahan 5 play OC will also be back.... that right tells me we are a toss up to either be top, or more likely at the bottom.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ROfL... have all of you on this nothing burger bandwagon thought about this one little fact.... Clapper and his vanillahan 5 play OC will also be back.... that right tells me we are a toss up to either be top, or more likely at the bottom.

I don't say this to support keeping Garrett and Linehan, because I would replace both if I could, but how does keeping them suggest the Cowboys are more likely to be at the bottom of the division when the Cowboys have been 1st or 2nd in the division the last 3 years with those guys.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Way way too early:
Dont know who gets drafted
Dunno who anybody picks up in fa or trades
Dunno what players are coming, staying or going on all teams

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I don't say this to support keeping Garrett and Linehan, because I would replace both if I could, but how does keeping them suggest the Cowboys are more likely to be at the bottom of the division when the Cowboys have been 1st or 2nd in the division the last 3 years with those guys.
Simple, the PLAYERS won in spite of the ignorance on the side lines...and here let me just toss this little thing out there, WHO GIVES A RATS BEHIND ABOUT DIVISION WINS, WHEN THESE SAME @ NUMPTIES CAN"T GET THE TEAM PAST A SINGLE PLAYOFF WIN??????

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since no team has repeated in 14 years, I can make a case for all 3 of the others. It is a little early since the off season and draft haven't taken place and we saw the proof of how just one player can change the complexion of a team. Without Cooper, the Cowboys are picking top 10. I don't know the cap situation or FA's up on the other 3 teams so the final rosters are unknown.

Right now, the East looks to be very competitive next season but at one point earlier in this season, no one here saw two teams making the playoffs.

The Cowboys have a 1st place schedule so there is that.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It's really hard to say at this point. We haven't even had the draft, free agency, or preseason. But I suspect the Eagles will be back as our toughest competitor. The Commanders may be a little better. I think the Giants will still very much be rebuilding.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
I’d project Dallas at 13 wins next season. They would’ve been the 1st seed had they had Amari at the beginning. Titans and resskins put this team at 12-4.