Who wins the NFC East next year?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One element is that most likely the Giants and Skins HC's, and maybe GM's, are hot seat candidates and under the gun from the get go. I can see them making some all or nothing moves.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Eagles have a the better GM and coach in the division.
There defense will still be a major force.
Wentz is the Best QB in the division!
We will once again face offensive woes that in the end will cost us the division.
Hate to say it but logic dictates.....Eagles
Just do a copy and you can paste the same answer next year when someone asks the same question. I would expect nothing less from Pappy.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Just looked it up...………..last team in the East to repeat was the Eagles in 2004.

Even though Dallas has won the East 3 of the last 5 seasons, none were back to back.

So yea, pretty good bet it wont be Dallas winning the East next year.
Yep, everyone was thinking the same thing this year after 8 games and they would be wrong. I say Back to Back division champs in 2019. Dallas Cowboys

aria

Reaction score
Why? What is this good amount justified by?

The fact that we swept them this year?

I don't know why i come to these boards sometimes, i really don't.
Did you read the entire thread or just cherry pick one comment? Maybe you don’t know why you come to these boards because reading comprehension isn’t your strong point.

Try the off topic zone, there’s some threads that
are mainly pictures, that may suit you better.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simple, the PLAYERS won in spite of the ignorance on the side lines...and here let me just toss this little thing out there, WHO GIVES A RATS BEHIND ABOUT DIVISION WINS, WHEN THESE SAME @ NUMPTIES CAN"T GET THE TEAM PAST A SINGLE PLAYOFF WIN??????

That explanation doesn't make sense because even if true that it's all been a result of the players winning despite those guys, it has worked for 3 straight years with two 1st place finishes and one 2nd place finish, and the players will be playing under the same set of circumstances in 2019, which logically would suggest a likelihood of a similar result in 2019 as the last 3 years.

As for the capitalized portion of your post, that's illogical too, both because it's misplaced anger, but also because you are somehow attempting to disagree with me by arguing something that was not within the context of the thread or of the post that I responded to. I didn't say regular season matters more than the playoffs, but the playoffs wasn't the context, therefore your comments about the playoffs are irrelevant to what I wrote.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
That explanation doesn't make sense because even if true that it's all been a result of the players winning despite those guys, it has worked for 3 straight years with two 1st place finishes and one 2nd place finish, and the players will be playing under the same set of circumstances in 2019, which logically would suggest a likelihood of a similar result in 2019 as the last 3 years.

As for the capitalized portion of your post, that's illogical too, both because it's misplaced anger, but also because you are somehow attempting to disagree with me by arguing something that was not within the context of the thread or of the post that I responded to. I didn't say regular season matters more than the playoffs, but the playoffs wasn't the context, therefore your comments about the playoffs are irrelevant to what I wrote.
HAHAHAHHHA ok omerv... keep moving the goal post son... good grief your a dufus..but hey you sit back and "glory" in your grand winning seasons, and keep watching the other teams go win playoffs and SB's... seems your so very content in your self aligned misguidance. Wasn't "angry"... it's called caps on my KB, and normally used to show passion when posting...oh and here's a little eFYI that you most assurdly have not considered counting all those seasonal wins... Clap is up 1 and down 1, meaning we went this year, be ready to fall on your face come 2019 season and be digging the slough out of the bottom of the division... you keep your chin up there omerv ole boy, I am sure one day being a division winner and only that will pay off for ya.

Last edited:

Ebnorice

Reaction score
Looking ahead now that the season is over, who is the team to beat in the NFC East?

The Eagles should have their full roster back next season with the exception of Foles. He has an option year coming up that will hit the Eagles cap for about $20 million. My guess is he will get some big offers from other teams, but it would not surprise me if the Eagles figure out a way to keep him. Wentz has a history of injuries and frankly was not that good when he was playing. The Eagles only have Brandon Graham as a major free agent. They have no cap room now (-$14MM), but letting Foles walk frees up $20 million. Their offensive and defensive linemen are almost all under contract for 2019. They are going to be tough again and hungrier than this year. I believe the Eagles will sign Graham and still add a player or two in the draft or via a trade. Look for them to get a LB and secondary help plus a RB.

The Giants have the #6 pick in the draft and have a few big holes in their roster, including QB. Manning could play another year in which case the Giants will probably draft offensive line in the first round. They could also look to Free Agency to fill holes there. Landon Collins is a major free agent for them but I bet the resign him. I think the Giants could be the most improved team in the NFC next season depending on their QB situation. If they get an offensive line to block for Barkley, look out.

The Commanders have a QB problem. They have some cap room to sign a free agent and some are saying Foles could wind up in Washington, but I am not sure about that. I don't think Alex Smith will be playing when the season starts and Colt McCoy is not going to be good enough. The Commanders have almost everyone on their team under contract. so it depends on what changes they make.

The Cowboys are going to come back looking very similar to what they are now. They have already signaled that they will not be a player in free agency and they have a first place schedule next year. The will plays the Rams, Saints, Bears and Vikings for sure with the Bears and Saints on the road. Cole Beasley is their most significant free agent but they have more cap space than any team in their division. If Lee and Hurns are let go, they will have about $62- $66 million in cap room which they will use to sign their own players.

NY, Washington and Philly have all shown a willingness to improve their roster by signing free agents. Its hard to say how active they will be this year but I am betting the Giants are the most active after letting Eli Apple and Snacks Harrison go in trades.

I believe the Eagles will once again be the team to beat in the NFC East barring injuries of course. But I also think the Giants could be the sleeper team depending on their QB situation.
Why can’t we be in afc east and play crap teams like bills dolphins and jets twice a year!

But seriously it sucks that all 3 teams are good teams in the nfc east.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HAHAHAHHHA ok omerv... keep moving the goal post son... good grief your a dufus..but hey you sit back and "glory" in your grand winning seasons, and keep watching the other teams go win playoffs and SB's... seems your so very content in your self aligned misguidance. Wasn't "angry"... it's called caps on my KB, and normally used to show passion when posting...

Wow - you really need to slow down and read what was actually written and understand the conversation, because your rants have nothing to do with those things. You are talking about something entirely different than was being discussed, and getting on a soap box while clueless as to what you are responding too. I didn't in any way remotely suggest I was happy with merely succeeding in the regular season. The question and discussion wasn't about the playoffs or anything beyond the division, so you aren't even making sense.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
t has worked for 3 straight years with two 1st place finishes and one 2nd place finish, and the players will be playing under the same set of circumstances in 2019, which logically would suggest a likelihood of a similar result in 2019 as the last 3 years.
Oh but YOU did ole boy, you did.....now scuttle on your way... this was about a play call 4th and 1 and the stupidity of the moron who made it. See I do know *** is being talked about...

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Dallas wins it.

The first place schedule thing is overblown. It's two different games than the rest of the division; and we are assuming said teams will be as good as they were in 2018.
I don't understand how people don't get this. They see first place schedule and act like we'll being playing last year's playoff bracket week in and week out. It's mind boggling, actually.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
So you essentially won the division on an overtime cointoss
It could have gone either way but it always helps when you win the toss in OT. Even so, the Cowboys drove down the field for the td. Anything else and the eagles would have gotten the ball back to try and win.

I didn't even think the eagles were going to make the playoffs but they did and then beat Chicago.

It's hard to tell who will win next year but I bet it will be close even if the skins and giants are out of it. Hard to repeat anything in this league unless you are NE. (man, I hope the pats lose)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
t has worked for 3 straight years with two 1st place finishes and one 2nd place finish, and the players will be playing under the same set of circumstances in 2019, which logically would suggest a likelihood of a similar result in 2019 as the last 3 years.
Oh but YOU did ole boy, you did.....now scuttle on your way... this was about a play call 4th and 1 and the stupidity of the moron who made it. See I do know *** is being talked about...

lol - no, you don't. This is turning comical. You are making up yet another something that doesn't apply. The discussion had nothing to do with an individual play.

The subject was simply about where the Cowboys were likely to finish in the NFC East next year, and the comment I responded to was that they are likely to finish last. I asked the reasonable question of why they were likely to finish last in the division next year when they have been finishing 1st or 2nd in the division the last 3 years. You then went on a rant about the playoffs, which wasn't what was being discussed.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
lol - no, you don't. This is turning comical. You are making up yet another something that doesn't apply. The discussion had nothing to do with an individual play.

The subject was simply about where the Cowboys were likely to finish in the NFC East next year, and the comment I responded to was that they are likely to finish last. I asked the reasonable question of why they were likely to finish last in the division next year when they have been finishing 1st or 2nd in the division the last 3 years. You then went on a rant about the playoffs, which wasn't what was being discussed.
ROFL.. opps me thinks you are right, and I stand corrected, to many windows open at once... ok I call calf rope...