Who would be happy or upset if Trey Lance lights it up in pre-season?

FoxF

Reaction score
I would love to see Lance look great in the preseason! However, a lot of QBs look good in the preseason. The Pittsburgh QB looked great last preseason and awful in the reg. If he did look great in the preseason, I would be open to giving him a chance at this point. We know what we have with Dak at this point, and as good as he can be, he is not good enough to overcome the utter incompetence of this organization.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Dak's people?

The people who like dak like him because they believe he’s the right quarterback for the Dallas cowboys. They are cowboy fans first. Even those who dislike dak are cowboys fans first and dislike him because they feel they can get a better player.

This idea that there’s a large majority who just root for the player to fail or succeed rather than the team is overblown

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The people who like dak like him because they believe he’s the right quarterback for the Dallas cowboys. They are cowboy fans first. Even those who dislike dak are cowboys fans first and dislike him because they feel they can get a better player.

This idea that there’s a large majority who just root for the player to fail or succeed rather than the team is overblown
Many of the same people viciously defending Dak, attacked cooper last year.

" might as well tank it now" and "noodle arm" for starters.

So no.

John813

Reaction score
If Dak is extended Lance could post 3 158.3 games in preseason and still ride the bench.

I just can't see how Lance starts next year if Dak is on the roster short of him getting injured and Romo'd.

jsb357

Reaction score
if it's gonna hurt Dak's feelings, Trey might not even be able to put on pads this preseason...

:muttley:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Many of the same people viciously defending Dak, attacked cooper last year.

" might as well tank it now" and "noodle arm" for starters.

So no.

Well if “Steve the cowboy” says it that makes it fact…..no. Lol. There’s a reason the statement qualifies that I don’t believe it’s a large or even a majority of fans.

So. No.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well if “Steve the cowboy” says it that makes it fact…..no. Lol. There’s a reason the statement qualifies that I don’t believe it’s a large or even a majority of fans.

So. No.
You didnt say a majority of fans.

You straight up said..."people that like dak are real cowboys fans".
I disagreed. As you (should) know...hard to show history on this site.

If you disagree with my statement....because well YOU say so....fine. It changes nothing and still very much true.

CWR

Reaction score
Anyone who'd be upset by one of our players performing well is a sad excuse for a fan.

CWR

Reaction score
Most people here who fervently root for Dak only do so because he’s the starting QB for the Cowboys. Once he’s not, then they’ll change… most of them.

I remember a specific poster here who I used to argue with about Amari Cooper. How he wasn’t worth what Dallas was paying him and he was good but limited. The poster would blow up at the very notion he wasn’t a top tier WR in the league. Then once he got traded to Cleveland, that same poster started using the exact same arguments I did in explaining how it was a good idea you dropped him.

The moment Dak is downgraded, they’ll turn on him.
Off topics but Coop was worth the money, especially later in the contract when the league was paying dudes like Mike Williams almost the same.

Chalk it up to another FO blunder, but Coop and CD would've been real nice together this year.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Most people here who fervently root for Dak only do so because he’s the starting QB for the Cowboys. Once he’s not, then they’ll change… most of them.

I remember a specific poster here who I used to argue with about Amari Cooper. How he wasn’t worth what Dallas was paying him and he was good but limited. The poster would blow up at the very notion he wasn’t a top tier WR in the league. Then once he got traded to Cleveland, that same poster started using the exact same arguments I did in explaining how it was a good idea you dropped him.

The moment Dak is downgraded, they’ll turn on him.
Normally I would agree with this take but Dak is a unique example

He has some genuine knob slobbing, bootlicking brainwashed cult members on this forum

As far as they're concerned, Dak hasn't thrown an interception that was his fault in years. It was either a drop/tip by the WR, or a poor route, or a horrible play call, or a clear PI by the defender that wasn't called. And if you think I'm kidding, I'm not. They're out there and there's more than a few of them

I promise you if Trey Lance took the reins and elevated this team, they would be genuinely pissed about it and they'd eviscerate Lance. Just go back 16 months and read what they were posting about Rush when he admirably filled in during Daks injury. You would have thought Rush got caught in bed with their wife or something. They wanted this team to collapse without Dak and when it didn't happen they melted down

Dak over Dallas devotion is real, and it's a borderline mental disease

I can't explain it as he's done absolutely nothing to deserve this kind of blind allegiance but it's there. I promise you

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trey Lance lights it up in OTAs and pre-season. Outplays Dak and takes the starting job. Gets us to the NFCCG.
Who would be happy and who would be upset?

I'm sure a bunch of Dak fans will say its not possible, that's not the question,
Hopefully he's the #2 and we've let go of rush to get rid of that issue. Competition makes everyone better, I hope if he does well then whatever happens, but it's based on what they do BEFORE they head into OTA's an camp

BKBDAD

Reaction score
I would love it! Getting to a game we haven’t been to since the 90’s would be a beginning towards a long awaited Super Bowl berth! The COWBOYS are a NFL TEAM that will be around long after Dak is gone! Players come and players go!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Why would anyone hate seeing. Cowboys backup QB light it up in preseason while playing with backups?
whetehr they groom him as Dak’s eventual backup or trade him, that’s nothing but good for Dallas.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't watch college but the 49ers gave a 1st round pick for 2021,22,23 and a 3rd rounder for 22... for Lance
to just give up on him. I mean sheesh... is he that bad?
and look how bad the 49ers turns out!!

Flamma

Reaction score
Trey Lance lights it up in OTAs and pre-season. Outplays Dak and takes the starting job. Gets us to the NFCCG.

I'm sure a bunch of Dak fans will say its not possible, that's not the question,
No real Cowboys fan is going to be upset if Lance does good in pre-season. That's what everyone wants to see. But no one wins a starting job from an established QB for those reasons. They win it through injury or poor play on the field during real games.

Your second paragraph says it all. You're asking people to answer a question that isn't realistic.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is blasphemy! You don’t ever say such a negative thing about the all mighty Dak! The King of QBs.
Many people on this bell me that Kurt Warner said that Dak is OK, so how can we argue with that.
he is the chosen one