Who would be happy or upset if Trey Lance lights it up in pre-season?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s not going to happen. It’s as simple as that and I gave you the reasons. The Cowboys are going to have no choice but to extend Dak to avoid a MAJOR cap hit. If they were to let him walk he’ll count $61M against the cap and around $58M if they allow him to play out the season without an extension, so they have to extend him. They’re not about to sit him when he’s likely to be making $50+M per season because Lance looked great in OTAs and preseason. If Lance were to look great and win the backup job and were to have to take over for Dak during the regular season due to injury and lights it up, they’ll likely end up trying to trade him. It would increase his trade value. The bottom line is I’ll be happy with any QB that can win us a SB. If Lance were to get the opportunity to play because of an injury to Dak and plays great, I’ll be fine riding with him as far as he can take us. I’m no Dak lover. I have no problem moving on from any QB if we find a better one.
you keep on saying the same thing which will probably happen, but we just have to wait and see, surely is the smartest thing to do

nobody

Reaction score
Most people here who fervently root for Dak only do so because he’s the starting QB for the Cowboys. Once he’s not, then they’ll change… most of them.

I remember a specific poster here who I used to argue with about Amari Cooper. How he wasn’t worth what Dallas was paying him and he was good but limited. The poster would blow up at the very notion he wasn’t a top tier WR in the league. Then once he got traded to Cleveland, that same poster started using the exact same arguments I did in explaining how it was a good idea you dropped him.

The moment Dak is downgraded, they’ll turn on him.
There's a few that will still demand that Dak is one of the greatest QB's in existence, as foolish as that idea is. They will refuse to acknowledge the facts.
Many of us said it would be mistake to get rid of Amari. Certain Dak fans cheered his departure then whined that Dak doesn't have any weapons (Even though he has plenty). Every excuse on Earth is made for Choke Prescott. So no, some will not turn on him no matter what. He's a god to them.

Now speaking to the premise of this thread: It's highly unlikely. Even in the unlikely event that Lance lights it up in training camp and preseason, Jerry loves him some Dak and will keep him as the starter despite dooming the post-season.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why would anyone be unhappy to have a guy play well in the preseason? That doesn't make any sense

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be like a dream scenario for a Cowboys fan? It means you've likely found your franchise QB for a fourth round pick that can win you a SB. Is it likely to happen? I don't have any God-revealed knowledge about him so I can only say "No comment." The Cowboys have been awfully quiet on the Lance front in terms of how he's progressing. Has he even taken any snaps with the first team? I don't know.

However, it's obviously not such a scenario for certain individual player lover fans.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hmmm...discussing his flaws....is an insult?

Yet insulting forum members would seem to be okay?

At any rate, shouldn't we support ANYONE wearing the star? I think that's possible, without "insulting" other players wearing it.

Some people feel our owner often waits way too long for "next man up".
Calling him loser, stupid, dumb etc....just like some fans openly wishing that Jerry dies...are you one of those fans....I didn't think you were

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You didnt say a majority of fans.

You straight up said..."people that like dak are real cowboys fans".
I disagreed. As you (should) know...hard to show history on this site.

If you disagree with my statement....because well YOU say so....fine. It changes nothing and still very much true.

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension- posted bellowed are my 2 posts on the subject here and I never mentioned “dak fans are real cowboys fans”lol. No need to lie bro. I DID say they are “cowboys fans first” and I did say “I don’t believe it’s large or even a majority of fans”.

“The people who like dak like him because they believe he’s the right quarterback for the Dallas cowboys. They are cowboy fans first. Even those who dislike dak are cowboys fans first and dislike him because they feel they can get a better player.

“This idea that there’s a large majority who just root for the player to fail or succeed rather than the team is overblown”

“ Well if “Steve the cowboy” says it that makes it fact…..no. Lol. There’s a reason the statement qualifies that I don’t believe it’s a large or even a majority of fans.”

So once again don’t twist or manipulate. I clearly stated that most fans just want the team to be successful and have different thoughts on the player. Check out posts number 65 & 69 and it’s clear as day

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You need to brush up on your reading comprehension- posted bellowed are my 2 posts on the subject here and I never mentioned “dak fans are real cowboys fans”lol. No need to lie bro. I DID say they are “cowboys fans first” and I did say “I don’t believe it’s large or even a majority of fans”.

“The people who like dak like him because they believe he’s the right quarterback for the Dallas cowboys. They are cowboy fans first. Even those who dislike dak are cowboys fans first and dislike him because they feel they can get a better player.

“This idea that there’s a large majority who just root for the player to fail or succeed rather than the team is overblown”

“ Well if “Steve the cowboy” says it that makes it fact…..no. Lol. There’s a reason the statement qualifies that I don’t believe it’s a large or even a majority of fans.”

So once again don’t twist or manipulate. I clearly stated that most fans just want the team to be successful and have different thoughts on the player. Check out posts number 65 & 69 and it’s clear as day
I can read just fine and I am twisting nothing. In your original post you said this:
The people who like dak like him because they believe he’s the right quarterback for the Dallas cowboys. They are cowboy fans first. Even those who dislike dak are cowboys fans first and dislike him because they feel they can get a better player.

This idea that there’s a large majority who just root for the player to fail or succeed rather than the team is overblown
If you trashed Cooper while supporting Dak....you aren't a Cowboys fan first.

It is what you said, and I am twisting nothing.

Now...if you want to argue that statement is unprovable...I would agree. This site makes that true with it's limited history functions.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Calling him loser, stupid, dumb etc....just like some fans openly wishing that Jerry dies...are you one of those fans....I didn't think you were
I would agree....if those terms are being used...most certainly NOT productive criticism. You were right, I am not.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Let’s just say come playoff time. Andy Reid always has his teams ready to play. Very impressive win on the road by Kansas City. That’s how you do it Jerry. That’s the kind of coach you need for this team.
Buffalo had been successful running the ball in the 1st half. The Chiefs made adjustments on Defense, and were able to contain the run in the 2nd half. Which was a big reason KC pulled out the win on the road. Do we EVER make adjustments??? And garbage time stats don't count as adjustments!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I can read just fine and I am twisting nothing. In your original post you said this:

If you trashed Cooper while supporting Dak....you aren't a Cowboys fan first.

It is what you said, and I am twisting nothing.

Now...if you want to argue that statement is unprovable...I would agree. This site makes that true with it's limited history functions.

Dude you literally just quoted me in your last post as saying “dak fans are real cowboys fans”…that was wrong. I never said that. This quote you just highlighted doesn’t even say that lol. You’re digging a deeper hole and think it’s a flex. This post you quoted here is further proof I never said “real cowboys fans” like you said I did. You made a mistake, it happens.

My post (that I quoted for you lol) says “cowboys fan first” meaning both sides of the fandom, whether they love dak or hate dak are fans of the team first and want the team to succeed but have different opinions of the player and don’t put rooting for or against the player before the teams success. That’s the majority of the fan base. There will always be exceptions who are in the minority and are take committed and only want to be right but most put the team and it’s success before any opinion of a player or take.

You just substantiated everything I said by quoting me in this post. That’s why I quoted it for you, lol, thanks for making my points for me though.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why would anyone be upset that a player for Dallas lights it up?

Oh wait...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Buffalo had been successful running the ball in the 1st half. The Chiefs made adjustments on Defense, and were able to contain the run in the 2nd half. Which was a big reason KC pulled out the win on the road. Do we EVER make adjustments??? And garbage time stats don't count as adjustments!
The Chiefs also ran the ball very well. Dallas doesn't have a running game.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
If he is not traded; Lance deserves a legit opportunity to compete for the starting position.
Why should a 3rd string scout team QB be given a chance to compete for a starting position?...LOL... Lance is to Rush what Rush is to Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude you literally just quoted me in your last post as saying “dak fans are real cowboys fans”…that was wrong. I never said that. This quote you just highlighted doesn’t even say that lol. You’re digging a deeper hole and think it’s a flex. This post you quoted here is further proof I never said “real cowboys fans” like you said I did. You made a mistake, it happens.

My post (that I quoted for you lol) says “cowboys fan first” meaning both sides of the fandom, whether they love dak or hate dak are fans of the team first and want the team to succeed but have different opinions of the player and don’t put rooting for or against the player before the teams success. That’s the majority of the fan base. There will always be exceptions who are in the minority and are take committed and only want to be right but most put the team and it’s success before any opinion of a player or take.

You just substantiated everything I said by quoting me in this post. That’s why I quoted it for you, lol, thanks for making my points for me though.
I said what i said and meant it. You can keep spinning it how you want.
Have a great day!

Last edited: