Who would be happy or upset if Trey Lance lights it up in pre-season?

Nav22

Reaction score
Most Cowboys fans would be thrilled if Lance becomes a stud QB for us, myself included.

Many of the idiotic Dak haters would quickly become Lance haters.

Dak and Lance have something in common that them good ol' boys just can't stomach. I'll leave it at that.
:thumbup:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Most Cowboys fans would be thrilled if Lance becomes a stud QB for us, myself included.

Dak and Lance have something in common that them good ol' boys just can't stomach. I'll leave it at that.

Curious how many fans think the Niners made a good trade to get Trey Lance?

How about that for a new Poll?

Chasing6

Reaction score
What are you even talking about.

Every single person on this site would be happy.

This whole "Dak over Team" fandom that some people like to claim exists is completely fictional.
What makes anyone think Trey can light it up in the NFL?

Did he light it up in HS?
Did he light it up in College?

CxC1993

Reaction score
If any Cowboys fan is upset at a QB playing well, I’d question why they’re even fans.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not really. The problem with the QB is not that he isn't elite, lance isn't either. it's that Dak is grossly overpaid, untradeable, can't franchise him, they are kinda stuck with him. Both guys have 1 year left, and there is no way lance is better than Dak today. The question is what is the difference on the field and difference in cost of extending these guys? If lance comes out and plays well will he want 50+? Will Dak? I personally think lance was way overrated and didn't deserve being a 1st round pick, SF learned that lesson. Just like any other position you can get someone cheaper if you look and act quickly.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Normally I would agree with this take but Dak is a unique example

He has some genuine knob slobbing, bootlicking brainwashed cult members on this forum

As far as they're concerned, Dak hasn't thrown an interception that was his fault in years. It was either a drop/tip by the WR, or a poor route, or a horrible play call, or a clear PI by the defender that wasn't called. And if you think I'm kidding, I'm not. They're out there and there's more than a few of them

I promise you if Trey Lance took the reins and elevated this team, they would be genuinely pissed about it and they'd eviscerate Lance. Just go back 16 months and read what they were posting about Rush when he admirably filled in during Daks injury. You would have thought Rush got caught in bed with their wife or something. They wanted this team to collapse without Dak and when it didn't happen they melted down

Dak over Dallas devotion is real, and it's a borderline mental disease

I can't explain it as he's done absolutely nothing to deserve this kind of blind allegiance but it's there. I promise you

Bingo !! Spot On!!

But never underestimate Dak's agent , brother, and business in General . Most of his loyal supporters are " PAID " .
If a few were to casually support at times, that would be one thing .

But notice how the same DAKTANS rush into any Dak post to Defend him at all costs ?

It so obvious its laughable

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Yet all of the so called "haters" you describe would take Patrick Mahomes in a heartbeat.

Which is all that is needed to prove that it's Dak's play, rather than his pigmentation, that creates doubters.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yet all of the so called "haters" you describe would take Patrick Mahomes in a heartbeat.

Which is all that is needed to prove that it's Dak's play, rather than his pigmentation, that creates doubters.
Yeah, it's posts like his that keep that crap alive. Pathetic. But, there are others that do the same thing when anyone critiques Dak.

Then, they don't have the guts to come out and say what they mean, they'll just leave it at that for the good ol' boys, whatever the hell that means.

durr durr durr
giggle giggle giggle

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'd be Happy!!!! I think it should be competition for the starting q.b. job between the two this off season. As it should be on the whole team. If I were coaching I'd tell the whole team. "Nobody has a starting job locked...we'll find out who will be starting -starting in training camp.

Nav22

Reaction score

"All" of them??? Nope.

You must not have spent much time in Texas. Or maybe you're not old enough to remember the Quincy Carter vs Chad Hutchinson debates.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I would bring in brian flores as DC. If he exceeds expectations i would make him hc

Brooksey

Reaction score
It’s not going to happen. It’s as simple as that and I gave you the reasons. The Cowboys are going to have no choice but to extend Dak to avoid a MAJOR cap hit. If they were to let him walk he’ll count $61M against the cap and around $58M if they allow him to play out the season without an extension, so they have to extend him. They’re not about to sit him when he’s likely to be making $50+M per season because Lance looked great in OTAs and preseason. If Lance were to look great and win the backup job and were to have to take over for Dak during the regular season due to injury and lights it up, they’ll likely end up trying to trade him. It would increase his trade value. The bottom line is I’ll be happy with any QB that can win us a SB. If Lance were to get the opportunity to play because of an injury to Dak and plays great, I’ll be fine riding with him as far as he can take us. I’m no Dak lover. I have no problem moving on from any QB if we find a better one.
Dallas saves 35M if they move Dak post 6/1.

There's an out for 2024 built into his contract. Don't be so sure.

Brooksey

Reaction score
It's doubtful Dak and Lance are in pre-season together.
Trey Lance lights it up in OTAs and pre-season. Outplays Dak and takes the starting job. Gets us to the NFCCG.
Who would be happy and who would be upset?

I'm sure a bunch of Dak fans will say its not possible, that's not the question,
It's doubtful Dak and Lance are in pre-season together.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trey Lance lights it up in OTAs and pre-season. Outplays Dak and takes the starting job. Gets us to the NFCCG.

I'm sure a bunch of Dak fans will say its not possible, that's not the question,
It’s not possible so it’s a moot point.

Brooksey

Reaction score
San Francisco in the trade up to No. 3 in the 2021 draft sent their 2021, 2022 and 2023 first-round choices, along with a third-round pick in the 2022 draft to the Dolphins and drafted Trey Lance.

They then traded Trey Lance for a 4th? Never say never.

Not re-signing Dak saves 35M in 2024 and 25M in 2025. You never know, he's mentally unstable in the post season.