Who's got Star Wars tickets and what dates?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Not hating, but I will NEVER understand the obsession with Star Wars. They're movies.

Good vs Evil. Lightsabers, the Jedi, the Sith, Luke, the Force, Spacebattles, Darth Vader, Yoda, and now the new cast, etc. If you can't understand why people love that, don't know what to say.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
REVIEWS are mostly positive. However some complain that they think what Disney and company is doing is basically redoing the first three movies. Force Awakens as New Hope; Last Jedi as Empire Strikes Back; and the last one will be a reboot of Return of the Jedi.

It’s said A LOT... But I don’t see it?

Luke = farmboy (not much of a past, son of Vader, Obi and aunt and uncle know) he is a new hope
Rey = nomad (there is much to her past, origin unknown) we don’t know what she is. Hope maybnit be it.

Luke droids = plans for Death Star
Rey Droids = map to Luke

Luke’s Vader = Dark Lord
Rey’s Kylo = Petulant child, Vader wannabe

Luke’s Death Star - cool
Rey’s Star killer - whut? Again? Yuk

The only “A New Hope” similarlty is everyone thinks she is a New hope. If so, that is generational...in life. No biggie.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
For me I can't understand people's obsession with Rap or singers like Beyonce or Taylor Swift.

Lol...

Man... for me... I like what I like... I do what I want....

I’ll even throw in a “yeah, I’m five years old...I don’t give a *****”

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
None of the Star Wars movies since the original movies seem to have any originality to me as they are simply saying, "It worked last time, so let's do it again." The only real difference is a few gender, racial, etc. casting changes, but the story lines are the same.

Evil lurks .. good guys think it's one thing .. then it's not .. then evil appears .. then a former would-be good guy turns out to be bad guy .. then good guys lose but main characters survive of course .. good guys try to win, but just can't seem to do it .. good guys convince evil guy he's still good .. evil guy turns .. good guys win .. until next inevitable trilogy.

I like the diversity they are bringing to the Star Wars universe, I just wish they gave them new story lines to work with. Instead of trying to milk fans from the original movies, try to introduce the Star Wars universe to a new generation of fans.

I think next they should make a Lord of the Rings remake .. this time, it's giants instead of hobbits and dwarves, a long lost queen, a wise old sorceress, and instead of one ring to rule them all, let's make it a tiara to terrify them all.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
None of the Star Wars movies since the original movies seem to have any originality to me as they are simply saying, "It worked last time, so let's do it again." The only real difference is a few gender, racial, etc. casting changes, but the story lines are the same.

Evil lurks .. good guys think it's one thing .. then it's not .. then evil appears .. then a former would-be good guy turns out to be bad guy .. then good guys lose but main characters survive of course .. good guys try to win, but just can't seem to do it .. good guys convince evil guy he's still good .. evil guy turns .. good guys win .. until next inevitable trilogy.

I like the diversity they are bringing to the Star Wars universe, I just wish they gave them new story lines to work with. Instead of trying to milk fans from the original movies, try to introduce the Star Wars universe to a new generation of fans.

I think next they should make a Lord of the Rings remake .. this time, it's giants instead of hobbits and dwarves, a long lost queen, a wise old sorceress, and instead of one ring to rule them all, let's make it a tiara to terrify them all.

The Star Wars prequels get dogged all the time.

Truth be told. That trilogy is about the birth, rise and fall and rise of Anakin.

Great story.

Now... how it was told and directed.... that’s another story.

6 great chapters thus far... I say 6 and not 7 because I need to see where ep 8 takes it....us...

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Truth be told. That trilogy is about the birth, rise and fall and rise of Anakin.

Great story.

6 great chapters thus far... I say 6 and not 7 because I need to see where ep 8 takes it....us...

Maybe because of this...

jar-jar-binks-dies-in-star-wars-deleted-scene-preview.jpg

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great story.

That's my point .. the recent movies are not "another story" .. it's the same story, just with different people.

There was so much potential to go with a completely new adventure. Meaning, no Luke, no Han, no Leia, etc. They should have gone with a completely new story. Instead, they basically said, "Here's Luke, here's Han, here's Leia" and now we're going to replace Han with this new character (aka: Han 2.0) in Star Wars 7. Next, we'll replace Leia with this new character (Leia 2.0) in Star Wars 8. Then, to setup the next trilogy, let's replace Luke with this replacement character in Star Wars 9.

Star Wars 7 was a huge disappointment to me and now that I've seen the story line from 7 and trailer for 8, it's even more disappointing. The wise old Jedi master, Yoda .. er .. I mean Luke .. reluctantly teaches the impatient and annoying young Jedi, Luke .. er .. I mean Rey, the ways of the force. I liked the story better the first time I watched it many years ago.

I understand Star Wars fans will love whatever Star Wars movies are thrown at them as long as there's no Jar Jar Binks type of character in them, and for those people who want is a reboot of the original movies, then I am sure they will enjoy SW7, SW8 and SW9. For me, I was really excited when I heard they were finally making a new Star Wars trilogy, then very disappointed when I saw it was just another remake by Hollywood who struggles to achieve success with anything new these days.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
That's my point .. the recent movies are not "another story" .. it's the same story, just with different people.

There was so much potential to go with a completely new adventure. Meaning, no Luke, no Han, no Leia, etc. They should have gone with a completely new story. Instead, they basically said, "Here's Luke, here's Han, here's Leia" and now we're going to replace Han with this new character (aka: Han 2.0) in Star Wars 7. Next, we'll replace Leia with this new character (Leia 2.0) in Star Wars 8. Then, to setup the next trilogy, let's replace Luke with this replacement character in Star Wars 9.

Star Wars 7 was a huge disappointment to me and now that I've seen the story line from 7 and trailer for 8, it's even more disappointing. The wise old Jedi master, Yoda .. er .. I mean Luke .. reluctantly teaches the impatient and annoying young Jedi, Luke .. er .. I mean Rey, the ways of the force. I liked the story better the first time I watched it many years ago.

I understand Star Wars fans will love whatever Star Wars movies are thrown at them as long as there's no Jar Jar Binks type of character in them, and for those people who want is a reboot of the original movies, then I am sure they will enjoy SW7, SW8 and SW9. For me, I was really excited when I heard they were finally making a new Star Wars trilogy, then very disappointed when I saw it was just another remake by Hollywood who struggles to achieve success with anything new these days.

I guess like the James Bond or Star Trek moves, they are rehashings or the same plots. Nothing original there too. I think Star Wars, for me, it's about Good vs Evil. That's what it comes down to. As for Force Awakens, I liked Rogue One much better. The characters in that story I cared about more than Force Awakens.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess like the James Bond or Star Trek moves, they are rehashings or the same plots. Nothing original there too. I think Star Wars, for me, it's about Good vs Evil. That's what it comes down to. As for Force Awakens, I liked Rogue One much better. The characters in that story I cared about more than Force Awakens.
I agree, Rogue One was a much better movie than SW7, though even it was a bit predictable. Watching SW7 was like watching the movie, The Titanic, where you knew what was going to happen before it even started, yet the hype still pulled you in for a short time until you realized it was the same story you expected after all.

I really hope when SW9 ends, they kill everyone off, and I mean everyone. I hope there's no Force ghost, presence or whatever you call it. I want everyone gone, so that at least when they do the next trilogy eventually, they'll be forced (pun intended) to create an actual new story.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Maybe because of this...

jar-jar-binks-dies-in-star-wars-deleted-scene-preview.jpg

Yup. He was ridiculous. Lucas was going to make his part bigger in trilogy.
Glad that was thwarted.

But even after jar jar it got better but was still lacking.

Disagreed. Not same story. Same characters story.
The three trilogies were ALWAYS going to be a Skywalker story (Anakin story in one way or another)

To completely change for 3rd trilogy would/could be irresponsible.
Hope they don’t.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disagreed. Not same story. Same characters story.
The three trilogies were ALWAYS going to be a Skywalker story (Anakin story in one way or another)

To completely change for 3rd trilogy would/could be irresponsible.
Hope they don’t.
It is not just about the same characters, it's literally the same trilogy as original trilogy, just different characters. I know the 9 movies are the Skywalker story line .. but that still does not detract from the fact that 7/8/9 are following the exact same story concept from 4/5/6. It's like watching The Titantic movie a second time with a new cast. You know what's going to happen because it's already happened in 4/5/6.

These movies have been VERY disappointing .. so much time waiting on these movies to finally be made and they simply rip off 4/5/6 with new characters. There was so much potential and they wasted it.

I am just hopeful that when the next trilogy comes out, they will actually create a new trilogy structure instead of the same clone (pun intended) they're making right now with 7/8/9.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It is not just about the same characters, it's literally the same trilogy as original trilogy, just different characters. I know the 9 movies are the Skywalker story line .. but that still does not detract from the fact that 7/8/9 are following the exact same story concept from 4/5/6. It's like watching The Titantic movie a second time with a new cast. You know what's going to happen because it's already happened in 4/5/6.

These movies have been VERY disappointing .. so much time waiting on these movies to finally be made and they simply rip off 4/5/6 with new characters. There was so much potential and they wasted it.

I am just hopeful that when the next trilogy comes out, they will actually create a new trilogy structure instead of the same clone (pun intended) they're making right now with 7/8/9.

Like your clones lol

More potential = agreed
Copying 4, 5 and 6 = remains to be seen (“hope” not ;-) )

You can almost guarantee that next trilogy will be mostly new.

The upcoming Solo films (pun intended) will be a lot of what we know....

Kevinicus

Reaction score

I would disagree. People say 7 was just 4 again, but I don't agree. 7 had elements of 4, 5, and 6 but also new things as well, and if reviews are to be believed 8 has a lot of surprises and it pushes the series forward with new possibilities.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think that you have a very valid argument about The Force Awakens, but that's it. There's no way you can similarly judge these next two films before seeing either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would disagree. People say 7 was just 4 again, but I don't agree. 7 had elements of 4, 5, and 6 but also new things as well, and if reviews are to be believed 8 has a lot of surprises and it pushes the series forward with new possibilities.

I agree with this. Are some of the criticisms of episode 7 valid? Definitely.

Enough to consider it "VERY disappointing"? I would disagree.

And enough to make the same blanket statement about episodes 8 and 9 before you've even seen them?

No, that's unwarranted.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I loved episode 7. I've been watching an episode a night on TV for the past week. I think all the movies are good. Could the prequels have been better? yes. But I still enjoy them. My only real complaint is I wish they fit in with the OT better.