Who's got Star Wars tickets and what dates?

cml750

Reaction score
Definitely not what I expected. I liked some parts and hated others. I want spoil it but I believe anyone who sees it will be shocked.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I really liked it! There were some parts that I cringed a little but all and all a very good movie! For me it's better than Force Awakens and the prequels by a lot.

cml750

Reaction score
I really liked it! There were some parts that I cringed a little but all and all a very good movie! For me it's better than Force Awakens and the prequels by a lot.
I am still trying to form my opinion on it. I hated some parts of it and loved others. I am still too shocked to decide if I like it. I may be in the minority but I really liked the prequels. I was not too impressed with The Force Awakens but it was okay. This one was not at all what I expected.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I am still trying to form my opinion on it. I hated some parts of it and loved others. I am still too shocked to decide if I like it. I may be in the minority but I really liked the prequels. I was not too impressed with The Force Awakens but it was okay. This one was not at all what I expected.

I actually liked Phantom Menace because of Darth Maul and Revenge of the Sith was pretty good but as a whole I'm not crazy about the prequels. There were a few times during the movie tonight that made me think this movie is just alright but the really good parts far outweigh the questionable parts. I would still put this one after the original trilogy but not by much.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Just got back.

The consensus, I see, “I didn’t expect”... and.... “the cringeworthy moments”.... they tried a little to hard with those things,..lol

Very true... and I am thankful for that!

It was really good!

I won’t spoil it but I will say.... after TFA you thought one thing.... this movie leaves you with... nothing was as it seems.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There's a literal "Neo dodge" moment in this film.

That should tell you everything. A film in 2017 doing that is not worth the ticket. Also, Disney is a trash company.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've also had to "process" this one quite a bit (that word!). I know I liked it, but I'm still working through just how much.

cml750

Reaction score
There's a literal "Neo dodge" moment in this film.

That should tell you everything. A film in 2017 doing that is not worth the ticket. Also, Disney is a trash company.

Well the reason he could do the "Neo-dodge" was obvious but was also one of the things I hated about this movie. I agree the Neo-dodge was cheesy but the reason he could do it was one of the stupidest additions to this film IMHO.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I've also had to "process" this one quite a bit (that word!). I know I liked it, but I'm still working through just how much.

I really wanted to like it...but I can't say that I did. I was sort of left with this feeling

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really wanted to like it...but I can't say that I did. I was sort of left with this feeling

There's a lot in that clip.

Did you not like where they went with it specifically? Or was it that they didn't go where you hoped they would or expected that they would?

It's tricky to have this discussion because the last thing I want to do is to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.

mcmvp

Reaction score
There's a lot in that clip.

Did you not like where they went with it specifically? Or was it that they didn't go where you hoped they would or expected that they would?

It's tricky to have this discussion because the last thing I want to do is to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.

Yeah it's too difficult to discuss now. Others may like what I didn't and I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. If this board had a spoiler tag feature I would say more...but it's best to wait a while to fully discuss it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah it's too difficult to discuss now. Others may like what I didn't and I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. If this board had a spoiler tag feature I would say more...but it's best to wait a while to fully discuss it.

The board does have that feature. FYI

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
and my 2pm meeting got cancelled - i'm good for the movie!!! chewie mask on!

25348797_10213140202072837_8102676865235006680_n.jpg

mcmvp

Reaction score
The board does have that feature. FYI

My thoughts...don’t read if you have not seen the movie. You really want to go into this one as blind as possible.

I still have to process it more, but unfortunately I'm leaning towards not liking this movie that much. The more I think about certain things, the more confused I become on what Rian Johnson was thinking. I didn't want a re-hash of Empire, but neither did I want such a departure from what feels like Star Wars.

Negatives:

Snoke...what was the point of him? Zero back-story as to who he is and where he came from. None.

Luke...I don't mind them making him a hermit on the island after his failure with Ben turning to the dark side. I do mind the out of character way it happened with Ben. Luke wasn't afraid of Vader, but he was of Ben? I don't get it.

Rey's training...or rather the lack thereof.

Fin/Rose story line....a whole lot of nothing.

Leah...her 'not dead' scene

Knights of Ren....still nothing at all on these guys.

Humor...too much use of it. It started to feel more like a Marvel movie than Star Wars.

Future direction...I don't think anyone can guess where this thing goes in episode 9.

Positives:

Really good action scenes

Absolutely beautiful cinematography

Poe...liked his character and scenes, and Isaac plays him well.

Humor...While too much of it for my taste, some of it hit the mark

---

Where does this one rank? Hard to say. I liked TFA and RO better. From an acting/cinematography standpoint it certainly surpasses the prequels, but as for story arc/character development?...not so sure. It's not close to ESB or NH despite what some reviews say. This current timeframe of Star Wars really lacks a clearly defined bad guy. I like Kylo...but it's not enough...and Snoke was never fully explained.

I'll have more thoughts as I digest this more. I probably will see it again to see if my view changes at all...I hope it does