Who's got Star Wars tickets and what dates?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I loved episode 7. I've been watching an episode a night on TV for the past week. I think all the movies are good. Could the prequels have been better? yes. But I still enjoy them. My only real complaint is I wish they fit in with the OT better.

I don't "hate" the prequels. As a fan, there's still much more good than bad. But it's also easy to see the many mistakes that Lucas made in the process.

I think the best thing to happen to the franchise was when he sold it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't "hate" the prequels. As a fan, there's still much more good than bad. But it's also easy to see the many mistakes that Lucas made in the process.

I think the best thing to happen to the franchise was when he sold it.
And I do like TFA better than them. I just think the hate for the PT is too much. I think the concept was pretty good. It was just some of the execution that was lacking. Yea and of course Jar Jar. lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I do like TFA better than them. I just think the hate for the PT is too much. I think the concept was pretty good. It was just some of the execution that was lacking. Yea and of course Jar Jar. lol

The "concept" was fine. In fact, everyone obviously knew how the story went. We saw the original trilogy!

But Lucas became fixated on the technology and style over substance. And his biggest choices in the process were often totally wrong.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The "concept" was fine. In fact, everyone obviously knew how the story went. We saw the original trilogy!

But Lucas became fixated on the technology and style over substance. And his biggest choices in the process were often totally wrong.
Might have been better if somebody else would have directed it.

diefree666

Reaction score
The biggest mistake Lucas made was not doing 7, 8, 9 at the time he did the prequels. The actors got too old to be really believable. If he had done that THEN they did the prequels now I think it would have gone much better (especially with Lucas no longer involved)

The prequels had so much promise that was squandered by bad scripts and bad casting.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Going Friday evening and am excited about it. A tub of greasy popcorn and coca cola here I come. Its almost like being 13 again.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The biggest mistake Lucas made was not doing 7, 8, 9 at the time he did the prequels. The actors got too old to be really believable. If he had done that THEN they did the prequels now I think it would have gone much better (especially with Lucas no longer involved)

The prequels had so much promise that was squandered by bad scripts and bad casting.

Bad casting, yes... to a point. IMO Hayden was actually perfect for young Anakin. A petulant child, didn’t really know how to handle things. Some of his dialog/delivery was bad. I did hear that Lucas (per
@stasheroo ’s points) choosing Style over substance acting against green screens led to No feel for the moment or delivery.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
the downside for me in all this is day job.

for the last 2 years we've done xmas team events. go to babes for lunch then hit star wars, rogue one and now this year. only a client/customer of mine is having problems and it's been escalated pretty high up and a meeting has been scheduled right at the start of the movie. so far no one at the client has accepted the meeting but if they do, an event i organized i won't get to attend so i can help take care of a customer.

sucks but if i want to be able to have events like this, i have to pick work over the event if works pops up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the downside for me in all this is day job.

for the last 2 years we've done xmas team events. go to babes for lunch then hit star wars, rogue one and now this year. only a client/customer of mine is having problems and it's been escalated pretty high up and a meeting has been scheduled right at the start of the movie. so far no one at the client has accepted the meeting but if they do, an event i organized i won't get to attend so i can help take care of a customer.

sucks but if i want to be able to have events like this, i have to pick work over the event if works pops up.

Ugh! That sucks! I hope things work out for you and you're still able to go.

:thumbup:

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
For me I can't understand people's obsession with Rap or singers like Beyonce or Taylor Swift.

This guy gets it! Unfortunately, it's our generation that created this mess and put endless amounts of money in their pockets while the rest of us are working our tails off.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
As for the Last Jedi. I was going to see it, but decided I won't. I read the spoilers. And myself was not happy with it (the direction of the story the films are going in this and episdode XIV). I will wait for the Blu-ray.

diefree666

Reaction score
Bad casting, yes... to a point. IMO Hayden was actually perfect for young Anakin. A petulant child, didn’t really know how to handle things. Some of his dialog/delivery was bad. I did hear that Lucas (per
@stasheroo ’s points) choosing Style over substance acting against green screens led to No feel for the moment or delivery.
and Hayden and Natalie Portman had ZERO chemistry which was another critical flaw.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and Hayden and Natalie Portman had ZERO chemistry which was another critical flaw.

And Lucas awful decisions played a huge role in that too.

If he hadn't mistakenly decided to force "kid Anakin" on everyone in part 1, their forced romance might have actually been given the time it needed to at least feel somewhat plausible. Not that his dialogue or directing helped any of that either, but the sheer lack of time was a huge detriment. For the romance as well as his "turn".