Who's got Star Wars tickets and what dates?

cml750

Reaction score
My thoughts...don’t read if you have not seen the movie. You really want to go into this one as blind as possible.

I still have to process it more, but unfortunately I'm leaning towards not liking this movie that much. The more I think about certain things, the more confused I become on what Rian Johnson was thinking. I didn't want a re-hash of Empire, but neither did I want such a departure from what feels like Star Wars.

Negatives:

Snoke...what was the point of him? Zero back-story as to who he is and where he came from. None.

Luke...I don't mind them making him a hermit on the island after his failure with Ben turning to the dark side. I do mind the out of character way it happened with Ben. Luke wasn't afraid of Vader, but he was of Ben? I don't get it.

Rey's training...or rather the lack thereof.

Fin/Rose story line....a whole lot of nothing.

Leah...her 'not dead' scene

Knights of Ren....still nothing at all on these guys.

Humor...too much use of it. It started to feel more like a Marvel movie than Star Wars.

Future direction...I don't think anyone can guess where this thing goes in episode 9.

Positives:

Really good action scenes

Absolutely beautiful cinematography

Poe...liked his character and scenes, and Isaac plays him well.

Humor...While too much of it for my taste, some of it hit the mark

---

Where does this one rank? Hard to say. I liked TFA and RO better. From an acting/cinematography standpoint it certainly surpasses the prequels, but as for story arc/character development?...not so sure. It's not close to ESB or NH despite what some reviews say. This current timeframe of Star Wars really lacks a clearly defined bad guy. I like Kylo...but it's not enough...and Snoke was never fully explained.

I'll have more thoughts as I digest this more. I probably will see it again to see if my view changes at all...I hope it does

I had many of the same issues as you.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
My thoughts...don’t read if you have not seen the movie. You really want to go into this one as blind as possible.

I still have to process it more, but unfortunately I'm leaning towards not liking this movie that much. The more I think about certain things, the more confused I become on what Rian Johnson was thinking. I didn't want a re-hash of Empire, but neither did I want such a departure from what feels like Star Wars.

Negatives:

Snoke...what was the point of him? Zero back-story as to who he is and where he came from. None.

Luke...I don't mind them making him a hermit on the island after his failure with Ben turning to the dark side. I do mind the out of character way it happened with Ben. Luke wasn't afraid of Vader, but he was of Ben? I don't get it.

Humor...too much use of it. It started to feel more like a Marvel movie than Star Wars.

Future direction...I don't think anyone can guess where this thing goes in episode 9.

Positives:

---

Where does this one rank? Hard to say. I liked TFA and RO better. From an acting/cinematography standpoint it certainly surpasses the prequels, but as for story arc/character development?...not so sure. It's not close to ESB or NH despite what some reviews say. This current timeframe of Star Wars really lacks a clearly defined bad guy. I like Kylo...but it's not enough...and Snoke was never fully explained.

I'll have more thoughts as I digest this more. I probably will see it again to see if my view changes at all...I hope it does

Yup...still trying to process all this....WTH has Disney done? This movie had no plot what so ever...

Just a bunch of pointless chase scenes....

This movie could have explained alot...but just left you w/ more questions...than answers:rolleyes:

I'm giving this movie a thumbs down...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Funny... found it online already...LOL:laugh:

Actually liked it better the 2nd time around....but still it had so many short comings...never explaining a ton of things that would have made this a much more enjoyable experience.

Who the hell was Snork? Where did he come from?

I had problems w/ this movie fro mthe very opening credits...It goes from destroying the starkiller base..the rebels being victorious...to oh hell...they are in trouble...running from the empire again.

This movie felt like it just made up rolls so some actors could be in the movie. The Laura Dern and Denico Del Torro rolls were pointless.

Still for all it's flaws...There were some pretty cool scenes. Really think they missed out on Skywalker training Rey. They could have explored the force more indepth.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
On one hand, I found the movie incredibly fun and entertaining. On the other, you could nitpick this movie to death if you really want to let a lot of things bother you.

My major gripes would be the Finn and rose storyline ended up being pretty tacked on and inconsequential.

I didn’t like using the ship as battering ram and in hyper drive, and it’s implications. This makes a lot of the battles seem pointless, when they could have just been ramming ships this whole series.

I still really like Rey and Kylo, so I’m fortunate, because this is mainly what episode 9 will have going for it storyline wise

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They are never going to come close to the original three. It is time to go into a different direction if they wish. Maybe, start a new line called "Yoda", "Skywalker" or something and start a new trilogy. Have this new series barely relatable to Star Wars yet just enough to keep the fans in.

Coming from a guy who grew up in that era, it is disappointing seeing the brand tarnished with a bunch of drivel and sub-par plots :(

Shinaoi

Reaction score
On a side note, maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think they necessarily had to make all the new characters the main focus these first few movies. I think I would have been more happy with a few episodes focusing half on Luke, and Rey and kylo gradually becoming the focus. It’s almost like that idea is to simple to work, and they had to make it more complicated than it needed to be just because the wisdom would be we can’t just have more mark Hamil movies. But dang if sometimes the obvious and simple idea is the better one.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It was in the Luke fight scene at the end where he astral projected himself to "fight" or actually not fight Kylo Ren

Well...

1. Was it astral plane? I don’t think so
2. He didn’t dodge anything by protecting himself there.

I knew what you meant by new dodge... I just knew it wasn’t then so I wanted to make sure when you were taking about.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
They are never going to come close to the original three. It is time to go into a different direction if they wish. Maybe, start a new line called "Yoda", "Skywalker" or something and start a new trilogy. Have this new series barely relatable to Star Wars yet just enough to keep the fans in.

Coming from a guy who grew up in that era, it is disappointing seeing the brand tarnished with a bunch of drivel and sub-par plots :(

The thing is... the OT is great now but back then it was really flawed and bad acting. It just had the X factor or it factor.... charm and appeal.

Agreed. Movies nowadays can’t seem to get that recipe right anymore.

I was watching original Robocop today. That movie hit on so many points. The little things = better movie than trying BIG things = movie with no substance.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
The thing is... the OT is great now but back then it was really flawed and bad acting. It just had the X factor or it factor.... charm and appeal.

I was watching original Robocop today. That movie hit on so many points. The little things = better movie than trying BIG things = movie with no substance.

I loved robocop. That was back when movies had a unique feel. I think there is too much homagnising and focus testing movies. Computer graphics, marketing. Man it’s sucking the magic and personality these movies had by just being themselves. Robocop has more edge and grittiness than movies are allowed these days. I enjoy the marvel films as much as anyone, but they are major offenders of this. The movies are becoming to much of a product.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

prequels had the bad acting. The originals, I didn't see the acting as so called bad. 1st I've heard of that for the originals.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
prequels had the bad acting. The originals, I didn't see the acting as so called bad. 1st I've heard of that for the originals.

Yeah, if the originals had "bad acting", the prequels were "atrocious acting". But blame that on Lucas, he was much more concerned about how things looked than anything involving story or people.

cml750

Reaction score
Exactly how I felt leaving the theater.
After the shock wore off I have decided I did not like this movie. I think the whole story line is being handled incorrectly. The writing was really REALLY bad. Things were forced into this movie and a lot other things were just plane stupid. I was not as big a fan of The Force Awakens as some but I left the theater hungry for more and wanting answers. I was anxiously awaiting this movie. When I left this movie, I have no such desire. It could end here and it wouldn't really matter for me. I think they COMPLETELY missed a huge opportunity to make a great movie.

cml750

Reaction score
Once they finish this, I hope they go in a completely different direction. I would love to see a trilogy (or more) set in the Old Republic or perhaps a movie about a young Yoda.

Last edited:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
REVIEWS are mostly positive. However some complain that they think what Disney and company is doing is basically redoing the first three movies. Force Awakens as New Hope; Last Jedi as Empire Strikes Back; and the last one will be a reboot of Return of the Jedi.

I did think Force awakens was more or less the same as New Hope, but I think Last Jedi was did not follow in Empire's steps.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
After the shock wore off I have decided I did not like this movie. I think the whole story line is being handled incorrectly. The writing was really REALLY bad. Things were forced into this movie and a lot other things were just plane stupid. I was not as big a fan of The Force Awakens as some but I left the theater hungry for more and wanting answers. I was anxiously awaiting this movie. When I left this movie, I have no such desire. It could end here and it wouldn't really matter for me. I think they COMPLETELY missed a huge opportunity to make a great movie.

Exactly....

Instead...you get Luke Skywalker milking an alien. Good grief.:facepalm:

The internet might break w/ all the bad jokes that are to come from that scene alone.:laugh:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Negatives:

Positives:

---

Agreed on almost everything. The Leah floating through space thing was ridiculous.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I loved robocop. That was back when movies had a unique feel. I think there is too much homagnising and focus testing movies. Computer graphics, marketing. Man it’s sucking the magic and personality these movies had by just being themselves. Robocop has more edge and grittiness than movies are allowed these days. I enjoy the marvel films as much as anyone, but they are major offenders of this. The movies are becoming to much of a product.

Very.
Well.
Said!