Who's it going to be, Towns or Okafor at #1?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
who ever CUBANS draft expert is SUCS eggs

I never seen such sucking drafts

some guy from India

you got to be kidding

Mavs have been an awful drafting team but I like this draft.
Justin Anderson is the kind of guy they actually hit on in the rare occurrences they land a true NBAer.
He has an NBA body and can get on the floor now because he can defend.

The Indian kid is just mark making some kids dreams come true in all likelihood but at pick 50+ he wasn't exactly debating long and hard over it.

Mavs handle draft as an afterthought. And it really hasn't hurt them.
They've been successful for a very long time with no draftee help.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
sixers drafted 4 centers last night.

4 CENTERS

That is all.

i feel for you man.
billy king just isn't even trying.
the sixers needed a cold-blooded shooter or 3.
not sure why they didn't offer LAL a later pick to move up for Russell or find a trade down partner to take Okafor so they could get Super Mario.
watching that team is fun but man they shoot a ton of bricks.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I just looked at some videos of the Indian kid. For such a huge dude, it's got a pretty smooth stroke. He doesn't move too well though and he doesn't appear to have the forceful nature to play low. (with that size, you will want that) More than Shawn Bradley though. I'm going to go with a Vlade Divac type player.

If he turns into anything close to Vlade Divac, the Mavs got a great pick at #52. They will need to limber him up a bit though or they will run circles around him and his 7'2 290lbs frame.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
i feel for you man.
billy king just isn't even trying.
the sixers needed a cold-blooded shooter or 3.
not sure why they didn't offer LAL a later pick to move up for Russell or find a trade down partner to take Okafor so they could get Super Mario.
watching that team is fun but man they shoot a ton of bricks.

man, I wish it was still billy king, he woulda only drafted three centers...lol
Hinkie missed a chance to control the draft, with Okafor,, who everyone wanted, , two early seconds, 1 mid second, and two late seconds....
His choices were very random, when it comes to building a team that is.

The only bright side of this is Okarfor is a good prospect with star potential, despite his shortcomings.... but man, trade down, get mudiay, pick up some vets and future picks..
my response to this was the same as Embiid's tweet....
"Ok...lol"

I finally know what they are doing... trying to help the 87ers win a championship in the d-league..:(

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Mavs have been an awful drafting team but I like this draft.
Justin Anderson is the kind of guy they actually hit on in the rare occurrences they land a true NBAer.
He has an NBA body and can get on the floor now because he can defend.

The Indian kid is just mark making some kids dreams come true in all likelihood but at pick 50+ he wasn't exactly debating long and hard over it.

Mavs handle draft as an afterthought. And it really hasn't hurt them.
They've been successful for a very long time with no draftee help.
I like Justin Anderson.... some overseas guys are just pawns in future trades if they never come over.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
man, I wish it was still billy king, he woulda only drafted three centers...lol
Hinkie missed a chance to control the draft, with Okafor,, who everyone wanted, , two early seconds, 1 mid second, and two late seconds....
His choices were very random, when it comes to building a team that is.

The only bright side of this is Okarfor is a good prospect with star potential, despite his shortcomings.... but man, trade down, get mudiay, pick up some vets and future picks..
my response to this was the same as Embiid's tweet....
"Ok...lol"

I finally know what they are doing... trying to help the 87ers win a championship in the d-league..:(

i love embiid. probably a top 10 twitter follow of all sports.
someone is gonna come in there and run with that team and do great things in the 2020s.
i kid you not.
they get some young hungry guy in the front office or owners box and that team will explode in a good way.
they have 75 assets... time to use some and develop a better court product before thye start losing them for nothing in cuts or free agency.

yea with so many picks they have to stash some guys.
again that will be really nice in 2020.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
i love embiid. probably a top 10 twitter follow of all sports.
someone is gonna come in there and run with that team and do great things in the 2020s.
i kid you not.
they get some young hungry guy in the front office or owners box and that team will explode in a good way.
they have 75 assets... time to use some and develop a better court product before thye start losing them for nothing in cuts or free agency.

yea with so many picks they have to stash some guys.
again that will be really nice in 2020.

:(
If Hinkie wakes up, it could be sooner.... but he's in a deep, deep sleep.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
So what's the consensus?

Good pick?
Should have taken Mudiay?
Should have moved out of 4th pick?

I am asking the experts and knick fans?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So what's the consensus?

Good pick?
Should have taken Mudiay?
Should have moved out of 4th pick?

I am asking the experts and knick fans?

I'll just say I get why Porzinga was the pick. After we fell in the lottery from #2 to #4, I expressed my disappointment because in my estimation there were 3 elite prospects that should turn a franchise around fairly quickly, and they were Towns, Okafor and Russell. Several others have potential, but also had serious question marks. Muiday, while a good prospect, just didn't fit the triangle, so while I'd take him if Jackson/Fisher weren't here, they are, so Muiday would struggle.

At this point, I want to do what ever we can to avoid giving a high pick to Denver/Toronto next season, then after that trade Melo for some future firsts and begin tanking again.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do any Sixer's fans believe it will be feasible to keep even 2 out of the 3 centers? To me, while Nerlens Noel protects the rim in a way that Jahlil Oakafor likely never will, there will literally be no space for guards to drive and for Oakafor to not get constantly doubled due to Noel's lack of range and offense abilities. Embiid is kinda in the same boat in that he doesn't have enough range to play with Oakafor.