Who's your pick at #4?

dfense

Reaction score
Are we talking about the same guy. Teddy ran the ball less than 3 times per game this year.

I wonder if you're letting racial stereotypes cloud tour analysis.

That or you've only seen him play once...

Really? the the race card?

I've only seen him play a couple times, yes, but that's what I saw.

Not a runner? He has over 400 yards rushing since he was drafted. Romo has had 391 since 2007.

Maybe I don't like him because he throws less than 1 TD per game on average. Or how about he's ranked about 22 among the 32 QB's even though he has the NFL's leading rusher. Either way, I was not impressed, and has nothing to do with sexual orientation, race, religious belief or even the color purple.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jon Machota ran a Twitter poll and here were the results.

Goff - 47%
Bosa - 25%
Hargreaves - 16%
Lynch - 13%

NYDCF4L

Reaction score
Bosa or Ramsey in the first. Wentz in the second. I'd sign up for this scenario right now.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Man, if we take a MLB at pick 4 he better be the next Urlacher.............not a fan of drafting LBs in the top 5:mad:

I typically agree, but Jack is a special talent and arguably the best athlete in the draft. He's not Urlacher, but he's ridiculously good in his own right and perfect for the new age pass-happy NFL. Easily UCLA's best player and excels in pass-coverage. He was also arguably their best RB too, which tells you a lot about his athleticism. #4 might be a tad bit high for him, but he's definitely a Top 10 talent when healthy. Will be some questions about his knee-injury however.

This video shows his off his athleticism, anticipation, ability in pass coverage, as well as his ball pursuit and closing speed. Watch the plays @ 2:24, 5:55, 7:00, 8:25, and 9:04 in particular.

I would still rather have Bosa or Goff obviously, but this is under the assessment that both are gone by #4.

Last edited:

QT

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards Treadwell.. I think he will have the most impact right away.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Really? the the race card?

I've only seen him play a couple times, yes, but that's what I saw.

Not a runner? He has over 400 yards rushing since he was drafted. Romo has had 391 since 2007.

Maybe I don't like him because he throws less than 1 TD per game on average. Or how about he's ranked about 22 among the 32 QB's even though he has the NFL's leading rusher. Either way, I was not impressed, and has nothing to do with sexual orientation, race, religious belief or even the color purple.

He averages 13.8 rush yards per game for his career...12 rush yards per game this season...this season he rushed on average less than 3 times a game...

And this is a guy you said is a "one read and run guy?"

Go sit in the corner.

Kaiser

Reaction score
This video shows his off his athleticism, anticipation, ability in pass coverage, as well as his ball pursuit and closing speed. Watch the plays @ 2:24, 5:55, 7:00, 8:25, and 9:04 in particular.

Those plays are amazing, thanks for posting. Jack could end up being a better pro than Bosa or Goff IMO, my dream scenario is we trade down to the 10th spot, take Jack in the first and then RB Devontre Booker and QB Carson Wentz in the 2nd.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I typically agree, but Jack is a special talent and arguably the best athlete in the draft. He's not Urlacher, but he's ridiculously good in his own right and perfect for the new age pass-happy NFL. Easily UCLA's best player and excels in pass-coverage. He was also arguably their best RB too, which tells you a lot about his athleticism. #4 might be a tad bit high for him, but he's definitely a Top 10 talent when healthy. Will be some questions about his knee-injury however.

I would still rather have Bosa or Goff obviously, but this is under the assessment that both are gone by #4.

Thanks for the info bro, he looks pretty good. I still think 4 is too high for him, but if we trade down a little he would be great

waving monkey

Reaction score
Im waiting to read more news on Wentz. But as it stands;

My guess is Browns take Goff. SF jumps over us for one of QB.
We trade down to middle of first for Wentz.

If Lynch falls to us Im not opposed to taking him.

Id like to find a RB snd fill defensive holes.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Im waiting to read more news on Wentz. But as it stands;

My guess is Browns take Goff. SF jumps over us for one of QB.
We trade down to middle of first for Wentz.

If Lynch falls to us Im not opposed to taking him.

Id like to find a RB snd fill defensive holes.

You pass on Bosa?

If he is there at 4 you have to take him, he is the best defensive player in this draft

waving monkey

Reaction score
Why, does he have to start? Dallas had like 3 1st rd talent guys picked up in the draft/FA last year, I think it would be ok, for a QB to sit and learn, and based on Romo, probably start a handful of games.

not only OK but the best.
this idea the first round must start day one
isnt always NFL reality.
Prepare for stability

waving monkey

Reaction score
Lets not make this too complicated fellas, there is really 2 options here that make any sense at all.

Option A...........we trade down from pick 4 and get multiple picks over the first 3 rounds of the draft.

Option B...........we got no trade partner or we decide to sit tight at 4. In this case, the top four players in the draft are Lynch, Goff, Tunsul, and Bosa. One of these guys is going to be there, so you just take the guy that falls to you.

Now barring a trade, we know that Tennessee is not taking a QB since they have Marriota, but they need protection for him so Tunsul makes the most sense. We also know that San Diego is not taking a QB since they just signed Rivers through 2019. So Cleveland is the only team that would logically take a QB or they could take Bosa.

So sitting at pick 4, we are either going to have one of the QBs on the board or we are going to have Bosa on the board. You field some calls, see if you can ransom the pick off, and then if nobody takes the bait or if we love the guy, we take him.

A fair analysis of probabilities. Then that would be Lynch in my thinking .
So does Lynch grade out higher then Wentz over two years sitting.
Your guess is as good as mine. I know you prefer Bosa

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A fair analysis of probabilities. Then that would be Lynch in my thinking .
So does Lynch grade out higher then Wentz over two years sitting.
Your guess is as good as mine. I know you prefer Bosa

I think Lynch is the better prospect over Wentz just off the size and athleticism

Lynch at 4 would be a solid pick, I wouldn't complain

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
You pass on Bosa?

If he is there at 4 you have to take him, he is the best defensive player in this draft

I think if Bosa is there they would snatch him up due to evaluation and need but I have read some evaluations saying Jack was the best defender in the entire draft class even better than Bosa.

It will be interesting to see how his rehab is going and if he will be available during the combine and if so what % of health.

I found this article on his knee injury recovery:

Q: If Myles Jack declares for the NFL draft, could he be up to his pre-injury form in time for the NFL Combine in February and other pre-draft workouts?

“Five months from now, so he’ll be getting there. He may not be 100 percent, but he may be pretty close. I think teams will still want to assess his meniscus, but he should be pretty far along.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/201...s-recovery-timetable-after-his-meniscus-tear/

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think if Bosa is there they would snatch him up due to evaluation and need but I have read some evaluations saying Jack was the best defender in the entire draft class even better than Bosa.

It will be interesting to see how his rehab is going and if he will be available during the combine and if so what % of health.

I found this article on his knee injury recovery:

Q: If Myles Jack declares for the NFL draft, could he be up to his pre-injury form in time for the NFL Combine in February and other pre-draft workouts?

“Five months from now, so he’ll be getting there. He may not be 100 percent, but he may be pretty close. I think teams will still want to assess his meniscus, but he should be pretty far along.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/201...s-recovery-timetable-after-his-meniscus-tear/

Thanks for the info bro, Jack is an interesting prospect

I still like Bosa at 4 if he is there