Why are Dak Haters so blind? Does their hatred cloud their vision?

InTheZone

Reaction score
You’re wrong. ? to you, what is a bigger problem with this team Dak or the offensive lines pass blocking?
OL looked very good tonight. Really continue to see no adjustments by the QB directing the line or hot routes/audibles away from the blitz like he doesn't even see it coming. And other times it looks like he's just premeditated checking down.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The biggest issue right now is red zone offense. And it’s not exclusively a Dak problem. Yes, he holds onto the ball too long. Yes, he lacks pocket presence. However, in the late 90s, the Cowboys ran into the same issue: Once their offensive line wasn’t as dominant, they were settling for too many field goals despite having Troy Aikman at QB. The coaching staff needs to devise short yardage pass plays that will make it easier on Dak.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is a warrior, pure and simple. The team likes him and plays for him more often than not. He was the same player at MS ST. He will give effort and has tremendous determination. I have always liked the kid and will continue to. He has issues in the pocket and progressing through his reads. I truly hope someone can assist him in overcoming these. They will (have) hurt us significantly in the past and will again. That, in itself isn't a reason to "hate" on him and, with the exception of a few here, I really don't think that's the problem.

There are a lot of us here who've watched football a Loooooong time and we see things differently from many. Personally, what I comment on is what "might" be if he can work through his penchant for taking too long to let it go, extremely suspect pocket awareness, ball security and, untimely errant passes. Not to say that everyone doesn't have those issues come up once, maybe twice in a game - but it's something that is keeping Dak from being potentially a very, very good QB.

As far as "haters", I believe that's a catch-phrase for the under 40's who just like to lump people into categories rather than taking time to actually consider an alternative perspective and participate in an intelligent and constructive conversation.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is a warrior, pure and simple. The team likes him and plays for him more often than not. He was the same player at MS ST. He will give effort and has tremendous determination. I have always liked the kid and will continue to. He has issues in the pocket and progressing through his reads. I truly hope someone can assist him in overcoming these. They will (have) hurt us significantly in the past and will again. That, in itself isn't a reason to "hate" on him and, with the exception of a few here, I really don't think that's the problem.

There are a lot of us here who've watched football a Loooooong time and we see things differently from many. Personally, what I comment on is what "might" be if he can work through his penchant for taking too long to let it go, extremely suspect pocket awareness, ball security and untimely errant passes. Not to say that everyone doesn't have those issues come up once, maybe twice in a game - but it's something that is keeping Dak from being potentially a very , very good QB.

As far as "haters", I believe that's a catch-phrase for the under 40's who just like to lump people into categories rather than taking time to actually consider an alternative perspective and participate in an intelligent and constructive conversation.

People don't post like you man... You see how you criticized Dak but also gave him props? We cool with that its the people who give him 0 props is the problem... That's why us young cats call them Dak Haters bc they are lol

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
A stud o-line?

Foles just won a Superbowl because he had a stud defense.
My argument was dak was good with a stud rb and a stud O-line (2016). Now we have a stud defense and a stud rb, will it be enough? I hope so. I'd be happy with a playoff win.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My argument was dak was good with a stud rb and a stud O-line (2016). Now we have a stud defense and a stud rb, will it be enough? I hope so. I'd be happy with a playoff win.

Well, whether it's enough or not, he's playing well here the last four weeks with a patchwork OL.

This offense has a lot of room to get better. Another missed deep ball tonight. When those start hitting, we'll actually be back in a groove. And with this defense, I'd like us against just about anybody if we can play like we did tonight.

KingRah

Reaction score
Well, whether it's enough or not, he's playing well here the last four weeks with a patchwork OL.

This offense has a lot of room to get better. Another missed deep ball tonight. When those start hitting, we'll actually be back in a groove. And with this defense, I'd like us against just about anybody if we can play like we did tonight.
if those start hitting, we'll be in. groove. We also need to actually allow Cooper to run a deep route or two. Gallup can get deep on double moves, but Cooper takes it to the house when he gets a step on you. Dak is playing well, but not great. I HOPE, a healthy o-line will give him the confidence to fire it deep and actually connect. I'd love to see Cooper and Beasley have big games in the same game. There's no reason not to with Zeke still getting stacked boxes.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Our o-line is not very good right now, so it's no longer ok to say Dak's only capable of playing well when he has great protection.
Oh, you think Dak is playing..."well." Interesting.

Still not sure what that has to do with your absurd comment on Foles.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak just wins. Gets better each week. His oline,namely both tackles need to get better. Collins just isn't playing very well. He is a guard .

Rayman70

Reaction score
Joe Looney had his hands full last night...he got pushed into Dak more than once...the oline had a fairly rough game.Good thing the D is playing like the old school Ravens D.

jsb357

Reaction score
Great first half. Good overall game. Really bad mistakes late that didn’t turn out to hurt us.

The fumbles were bad. You can’t sugarcoat it by trying to blame the OL. He has to protect the ball better.

Great throw early to Gallup but missing him late was a huge blunder. Luckily the defense stymied Brees.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, you think Dak is playing..."well." Interesting.

Still not sure what that has to do with your absurd comment on Foles.

I know he’s playing well.

My comment on Foles is that he’s not a very good QB but he managed to win a championship with a great defense behind him. It’s nit that difficult to understand, I wouldn’t think.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I know he’s playing well.

My comment on Foles is that he’s not a very good QB but he managed to win a championship with a great defense behind him. It’s nit that difficult to understand, I wouldn’t think.

You said because he had a great defense...as if they carried him. As if they were great the entire time he played and he didn't do anything.

Now I know how you "know" what you know.