Why are we in a rush to sign Dak?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said I "made stuff up" and "lied"...yet you have not addressed you were wrong or "lied". I need you to properly address that because you consistently say this stuff and when you get proven wrong you try to gloss over it. Nah.....address that then we can continue this conversation.

There's no such thing as a bad playoff team. You are either a playoff team or not.> You're trying to discredit the W because it makes Dak look good.< (HAHAH LOOK AT THIS! YOU THINK THIS ABOUT DAK>>>>>how FOOLISH!) Or you think it makes him look good. At the end of the day they got their ***** whooped in the next round agains the 49ers yet again and that doesn't change so no reason to try and discredit him for it.
Look Mr. Brick...I told you twice already where you lied. (so you could have a better argument to fight on the internet HOW CHILDISH!).

I also showed you a PROFESSIONAL sports network who said "they don't look like a playoff team".

So admit we beat a BAD team. Admit we beat a LOSING team. That's it. It is a fact.

I already did admit to you...sure okay...a "playoff team". (Who's the bigger man now, eh?) They were in the playoffs. It's a technicality that you win. Okay?

But it doesn't make them...NOT a bad team. It happens sometimes. A bad team gets in the playoffs.

This has ZERO to do with Dak. But I see why you are lying and fighting the truth of things. Protect Dak at all costs, even when you have to ignore reality. Even when he's not under attack. Weird!

Have a good evening. I do not like talking to bricks/trolls.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Look Mr. Brick...I told you twice already where you lied. (so you could have a better argument to fight on the internet HOW CHILDISH!).

I also showed you a PROFESSIONAL sports network who said "they don't look like a playoff team". Only becuase they were slightly less bad than the rest of their bad division.

So admit we beat a BAD team. Admit we beat a LOSING team. That's it. It is a fact.

I already did admit to you...sure okay...a "playoff team". (Who's the bigger man now, eh?) They were in the playoffs. It's a technicality that you win. Okay?

But it doesn't make them...NOT a bad team. It happens sometimes. A bad team gets in the playoffs.

This has ZERO to do with Dak. But I see why you are lying and fighting the truth of things. Protect Dak at all costs, even when you have to ignore reality. Even when he's not under attack. Weird!

Have a good evening. I do not like talking to bricks/trolls.
You're trying to escape. I get it. But I need you to address the post you said I "lied" about saying they were the worst playoff team.....I showed you an exact quote Deacon said that. So I need you to address that. After that we're good. Just holding you accountable is all. We can't have posters on this site recklessly calling people liars and other crazy accusations.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This:

(which nobody ever said. They are ONE of the worst...top 5. Washington is as well. ).

I think you either just can't keep your story straight and have to get some hyperbole in so you can fight...or straight up lying so you can fight. Either is unbecoming...dishonest.
Its funny y'all say this now but this site....50% of the site said we'd lose to the Buccs lol. Now they are the worst team to ever make the playoffs...even though the Commanders a few years ago were TERRIBLE.
The BUCS were probably the worse team to ever make the playoffs. But lets celebrate a JV level playoff win. YAY! Woohoo!

Ok now that's over, let's talk about these 49ers 2 years in a row. Same outcome.
Deacon didn't say "the worst".

"probably".....is close enough. But you causally and conveniently left it out. Lied about what he said.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Deacon didn't say "the worst".

"probably".....is close enough. But you causally and conveniently left it out. Lied about what he said.
Im saying if you are a team that made the playoffs with a losing record you are automatically added to a list of probably one of the worse. And my point is no reason to get excited about winning that game. Praying next year will be the end of all this mediocrity. Big Mike, Schott, and Dak be gone in one swoop. I honestly have no idea what photos Schott has of Charlotte but they must be top notch. BC he sux. Mike is also probably the worse coach in the NFC east.

kevm3

Reaction score
"Waiting and seeing" is a reason we got dak at 40 instead of 32 to 33 million, which was the going rate at the time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im saying if you are a team that made the playoffs with a losing record you are automatically added to a list of probably one of the worse. And my point is no reason to get excited about winning that game. Praying next year will be the end of all this mediocrity. Big Mike, Schott, and Dak be gone in one swoop. I honestly have no idea what photos Schott has of Charlotte but they must be top notch. BC he sux. Mike is also probably the worse coach in the NFC east.
Ok this is extreme. Mike is worse than Ron Rivera? And what makes Sirianni a good coach? Not denying it I'm just wondering?

But I do agree....PISSED about Shottenheimer....hated that hire.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am not setting battle lines. I simply asked. given on this thread, the win against bucs was dismissed as irrelevant and that it was a team win and the loss to the niners was Dak's fault and he can't hit side of a barn.

my argument all along has been same as yours. everyone had a hand in it. Dak included. he wasn't good against the niners, so were a few other players that were bad. it goes hand in hand.
I mean he should get credit for playing really well in that Bucs game. But we also don't have to be mindless robots here, we can admit that Bucs team wasn't all that great and that Brady was a shell of his self. The 49ers were clearly a better and tougher team.

Again, that doesn't take anything away from Dak, he was awesome. But when the comp ratcheted up the week after, he kind of spit the bit. If this team wants to make a run in 2023, he can't be that inconsistent, especially when December and January roll around the comp and importance of the games ratchets up.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We've seen way worse QBs win it all. That's what matters.
But not whilst they were taking big CAP hits.....that's the whole argument, he didnt do it on a reasonable contract and now he comes with a $60m+ deferred Prorated Bonus on top of a market contract.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I mean he should get credit for playing really well in that Bucs game. But we also don't have to be mindless robots here, we can admit that Bucs team wasn't all that great and that Brady was a shell of his self. The 49ers were clearly a better and tougher team.

Again, that doesn't take anything away from Dak, he was awesome. But when the comp ratcheted up the week after, he kind of spit the bit. If this team wants to make a run in 2023, he can't be that inconsistent, especially when December and January roll around the comp and importance of the games ratchets up.
:hammer:... this @CowboysFaninHouston is basis of the disagreement with yourself.... you credit Dak in the good (Buccs....which he deserved) but then try to share the responsibility in defeat (49er's). There are trends to the games in which Dak cant perform: good defense that sits in deep coverage and games where he needs to score a TD in a hurry up Offense.....both instances where the onus is on him.

Ive see his problems are that he lacks composure, especially in an Air Coryell where he has to hope on getting someone open (if its not there it looks like he panics), maybe the WCO helps him take away the need to go through progressions, if it doesnt then I cant see what will suit his skillset, especially as a 30 year old who's mobility is best suited for emergencies only.

This is why, as this thread is discussing, we dont and shouldnt pull the trigger on any contract extension as there is a 'move-on' option in 2024.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It doesnt matter where he's ranked, if he cant achieve in 2023 as a 30 year old what are the chances he's going to improve and take us to the next level? Being top 10, isnt good enough if he can't lead the team when he's needed....giving him the Daniel Jones $40m actually increases due to the remaining outstanding prorated bonus.

There is a decision to made (post June 2024 cut), especially with the good pending QB class of the 2024 class. Cut Dak, sign our free agents and build around a rookie QB (behind a good roster).....a bit like 2016.
The knock on Peyton Manning was once that he couldn't win the big one...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I agree somewhat, but there is this - do you want a qb that is great at comebacks, or a qb that is great at getting and keeping leads?

Yes, eventually every qb will have to lead a stirring comeback win, but I'd much rather prefer my qb to be able to get ahead and stay ahead. I also think that this Dallas team is capable of being that kind of a team, and Dak won't need to be the Comeback Kid for us to win a SB.

We'll see....
Just where does one place Aaron Rogers, who brought Green Bay back twice to beat Dallas in the playoffs.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The knock on Peyton Manning was once that he couldn't win the big one...
He won it ALL at the age of 30 and had previously got to a Championship game as a 27 year old.
So Dak has the opportunity to equal his SB achievement in 2023.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I agree somewhat, but there is this - do you want a qb that is great at comebacks, or a qb that is great at getting and keeping leads?

Yes, eventually every qb will have to lead a stirring comeback win, but I'd much rather prefer my qb to be able to get ahead and stay ahead. I also think that this Dallas team is capable of being that kind of a team, and Dak won't need to be the Comeback Kid for us to win a SB.

We'll see....
The problem is that when you're in the play-offs and you, at some point, have to face adversity. Easier to hold onto a lead and utilising the run game.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He won it ALL at the age of 30 and had previously got to a Championship game as a 27 year old.
So you are limiting a man showing his ability to a time line of a single man, who had the same stated excuse for not accompanying greatness...time is ONLY a sequence of events. You stating he won't now or hiding behind an abstract excuse of time or age?

CCBoy

Reaction score
The point was the excuse prior to top success.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The BUCS were probably the worse team to ever make the playoffs. But lets celebrate a JV level playoff win. YAY! Woohoo!

Ok now that's over, let's talk about these 49ers 2 years in a row. Same outcome.

MArathon knows this. He went 2-3 pages with me because he doesn't want anyone to try to make Dak look bad.

He is such a brick he has ZERO clue this was never about Dak. It was about the terrible team that was the 2022 Bucs.

Some sort of rationale sickness that makes someone fight an internet crusade that never existed. Sick.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

see, there is the spin. we give him credit, but they weren't any good. so anytime he does something well, its somebody else who helped, or the other team is not good.

and yes, 9ers were a much better team and tougher and we had one weapon all game, CD. Pollard went out and the complexion of the game changed. Niners, didn't fear the run, dropped 6, 7 into coverage and took away passing lanes. and Dak was bad against the niners, but so was Gallup, Brown, Schultz and the OL didn't help. still yet, we were in it into the 4th quarter, but I could see it slowly slipping away.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
:hammer:... this @CowboysFaninHouston is basis of the disagreement with yourself.... you credit Dak in the good (Buccs....which he deserved) but then try to share the responsibility in defeat (49er's). There are trends to the games in which Dak cant perform: good defense that sits in deep coverage and games where he needs to score a TD in a hurry up Offense.....both instances where the onus is on him.

Ive see his problems are that he lacks composure, especially in an Air Coryell where he has to hope on getting someone open (if its not there it looks like he panics), maybe the WCO helps him take away the need to go through progressions, if it doesnt then I cant see what will suit his skillset, especially as a 30 year old who's mobility is best suited for emergencies only.

This is why, as this thread is discussing, we dont and shouldnt pull the trigger on any contract extension as there is a 'move-on' option in 2024.
I disagree. I never gave all the credit for the bucs game to Dak. you in your agenda driven, pre-determined and planned line of argument are jumping to conclusions that you have already determined (regardless). I asked, why are you blaming the 9ers game on Dak only and what about the Bucs game then..........you are saying I am giving credit for Bucs game to Dak and share blame in 9ers game, which is far from the facts.

teams win/lose. not individuals. contribution may differe depending on the player, position and game.
and Dak is not elite. will never be elite. so why the argument that he is unable to play at elite level? its a moot point of argument. but I get it. you have a pre-determined pre-planned line of argument you have to follow and come hell or high water you are going to follow it.....I get it.