Why are you a Cowboys fan?

Dave the Sicilian

Reaction score
mmm...for me it's like the Cowboys that chose me :p: :starspin
It was back in the 90's era when I saw my first game on Italian television. It was the first Superbowl between Cowboys and Bills and I didn't know so much of the game neither about the teams...The game 'captured' me suddenly and I don't know exactly why but my favours went in natural way on that Star impressed on helmets...on that guys running (and passing :)) for glory...on that team named...COWBOYS! a destiny...my passion grew up in the years after 'til last winning superbowl and then, even in the hard years I always watched for any good news about them...And this year I had the chance to follow the season in a more constant way and finally I discovered this great site :)...and here I am :wink2:

PS It is really stunning for me to feel with the Cowboys the same great sensations that my football (in the sense of Soccer) home team gives to me...by the way, my home team is CATANIA :) and just yesterday in the last game of the season got to stay again in the first league :D

the playmaker

Reaction score
Two names remember me when i become a COWBOY
TOM LANDRY and ROGER STAUBACH
I started watching the NFL in the early '80 when DAN PETERSON(a basketball coach that coached "red shoes"Milano) said that THE DALLAS COWBOYS are "the
AMERICA'S TEAM"....after that and i few games later.....THE STAR shines in me
TOM LANDRAY was the simbol of the Cowboys sideline
with his famous hat...
ROGER STAUBACH="CAPTAIN COMEBACK"
the Jimmy Johnson and the "triplet" era has been the top
of my happyness (Italian TV broadcasted many Cowboys
games).....I have i tattoo with written "Born to run"(i'm i Bruce Spreengsteen fan) and a STAR in honor of our all time leading rusher: EMMIT SMITH....he was my second favorite player in Cowboys uniform....my first was MICHAEL "THE PAYMAKER" IRVIN
I have the TROY AIKMAN N° 8 jersey

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
my brother has been a fan since he was 5yrs old. I was 8yrs old when I watched us play the Bears in the '91 wild card game at soilder field I remember wayching Troy,Emmitt,Michael,Moose,Jay and the rest of the boys.. loved them ever sinse then. Americas Team baby:star:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave the Sicilian;2086660 said:
The game 'captured' me suddenly and I don't know exactly why but my favours went in natural way on

that Star impressed on helmets...

my home team is CATANIA

Thats all it took for me. The STAR on the helmet. It doesnt matter how you become a Cowboy fan, as long as you do... more importantly - you dont become a Commander fan. :D

Catania - thats in Sicily right?

My father was born in Northern Italy in a small town about an hour from Milan.

I have been to Bari, Rome, Milan and Venice. I want to go to Sicily to check out some Godfather landmarks.

DA FAN

Reaction score
Man I used to cringe whenever I saw this.

I practically wanted to cry cause stupid SEARS never carried my size. I used to wear "Husky" size. LOL

http://i112.***BLOCKED***/albums/n183/jo_cc/70s.jpg

I

77Cowboy

Reaction score
Born in Texas but moved to Alaska because of fathers military career. Watched 77 Superbowl against Denver and dad told me "That team with the star on the helmet is from your home state."

It was on from that momemt.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
From NFL.com

"A new group of shows in the series -- America’s Game: The Missing Rings –- also debuts on NFL Network in September. Missing Rings chronicles some of the greatest teams which did not win the Super Bowl."

Gotta believe some Dallas teams will make the cut.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
DA FAN;2086892 said:
Man I used to cringe whenever I saw this.

I practically wanted to cry cause stupid SEARS never carried my size. I used to wear "Husky" size. LOL

http://i112.***BLOCKED***/albums/n183/jo_cc/70s.jpg

I

:laugh2:

BTW, I had that same coat and last year when I was cleaning out my dresser I noticed I still have that tobagan.