Why Can't Dallas Field a Good Offense & Defense At The Same Time

kskboys

Reaction score
exactly, which is why you cant build a great team with just the draft.
The other thing is those players they draft, if any good, then when contract is up they will want more than u can pay them.
So a team will wind up losing good players cause they cant or dont want to pay them when rookie deal is up.
Also at that point jones boys get nothing in trade for these guys, and that is just because they are not looking ahead in this area.

They think they can lowball these guys while paying a few on the team ridiculous amounts, (like elliot) then they lose that player and get nothing
back in trade. A smart gm would trade these guys a year earlier, and get draft picks or a player they need.
And meanwhile, they still don't get how controlling the LOS facilitates winning.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And meanwhile, they still don't get how controlling the LOS facilitates winning.
yes there are quite a few things the jones boys just dont get! lol

they put a lot of planning into their stadium, but for some strange reason oriented it wrong,(so now aft sun comes in windows lol) and as far as I know have never explained why.

Brax

Reaction score
Yes, it is true.

Points allowed is a team stat. Yardage allowed is a D stat. Hopefully, you just learned something about football!!!!
You still don't get it, didn't think this is that hard to understand. SMH at the limited reasoning powers of some.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And another insult. Give it up, dude, your crying is really really weak. Everyone knows that pts allowed is a team stat, not a D stat. If you can't comprehend that, you need to find another sport, because you don't understand this one.

Let me guess, another childish insult acomin'.

So you still have nothing to support your argument. I'll stick with the ridicule. You parse it however you like.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes, it is true.

Points allowed is a team stat. Yardage allowed is a D stat. Hopefully, you just learned something about football!!!!

So when the NFL puts up their defensive stats and one of them listed is points against, they are wrong and you are right. Just like they in no place say that yardage is the end all be all and they are wrong and you are right.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Running the ball allows you to keep a winning score for about half a quarter, it doesn't get you a winning score.

To me it depends on the degree of it, like the Rams playoff game, it allowed them to score and keep the ball away from us. I'm not saying scoring is not the most important stat because ultimatley it is, I'm saying being bad at stopping the run will ultimatley get you beat in the playoffs most cases.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I'll tell you why... They over compensate.. When the offense was putrid, especially the Oline. They used a bunch of resources to fix the line. Problem solved. But the defense got old quick. Then they have to use a whole entire draft to fix the defense.. Things are looking up.. Now we got a old slow Zeke, 1 WR and Oline is looking a mess. Now its time to fix the Offense..
You have not had a Head Coach and GM since 1993, That is why you have a scizo football team for 26 years.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If you don’t agree with total yards as an accurate measurement that’s fine . But if you aren’t aware it is the measurement of the official NFL rankings you’re not properly informed. That’s on you.

If that is the case then you would be able to provide some proof. No proof. This is not hard.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
To me it depends on the degree of it, like the Rams playoff game, it allowed them to score and keep the ball away from us. I'm not saying scoring is not the most important stat because ultimatley it is, I'm saying being bad at stopping the run will ultimatley get you beat in the playoffs most cases.

You can definitely use the run to set up the pass as well. But the point is that you pass the ball to score.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If that is the case then you would be able to provide some proof. No proof. This is not hard.
Wow. You really don’t know , do you. The history of official rankings in the NFL.

Do you have any evidence the official rankings isn’t based on total yards?

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
How can you claim the offense is a mess when they have yet to take the field?
o_O
Becasue history has been repeating itself for 28 years with these OC's. They've been a mess for years. Take a look at their records. The last time Dallas had a decent one was in 1994. Does that year ring a bell? But keep blaming ALL THOSE quarterbacks & Jerry as some of you continously do. In football ALL cylinders have to click in ALL departments for an squad to make it. These OC's mentioned wasted a lot of talent throughout those years & still do.

Moore 0-1 record in playoff games.
Linehan 1-2 record in playoff games.
Callahan 1-1 record in playoff games.
Garrett 1-2 record in playoff games.
Carthon 0-1 record in playoff games.

Coslet was the offensive coordinator in the 2002 season. Coslet's record as the team's offensive coordinator was 5-11-0, making him the second-least successful offensive coordinator in Dallas Cowboys history.

Reilly was the offensive coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys in the 2000-2001 seasons, a total of two years. Reilly's record as the team's offensive coordinator was 10-22-0, making him the second-least successful offensive coordinator in Dallas Cowboys history.

Zampese was the offensive coordinator 1994-1997 seasons, a total of four years. The team made it to the playoffs three times (1994-1996) and had a 5-2 record under Coach Zampese in playoff games. In 1995, the Boys faced off against the Squealers in SB XXX & we all know the outcome of that SB!

Big D

Reaction score
o_O
Becasue history has been repeating itself for 28 years with these OC's. They've been a mess for years. Take a look at their records. The last time Dallas had a decent one was in 1994. Does that year ring a bell? But keep blaming ALL THOSE quarterbacks & Jerry as some of you continously do. In football ALL cylinders have to click in ALL departments for an squad to make it. These OC's mentioned wasted a lot of talent throughout those years & still do.

Moore 0-1 record in playoff games.
Linehan 1-2 record in playoff games.
Callahan 1-1 record in playoff games.
Garrett 1-2 record in playoff games.
Carthon 0-1 record in playoff games.

Coslet was the offensive coordinator in the 2002 season. Coslet's record as the team's offensive coordinator was 5-11-0, making him the second-least successful offensive coordinator in Dallas Cowboys history.

Reilly was the offensive coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys in the 2000-2001 seasons, a total of two years. Reilly's record as the team's offensive coordinator was 10-22-0, making him the second-least successful offensive coordinator in Dallas Cowboys history.

Zampese was the offensive coordinator 1994-1997 seasons, a total of four years. The team made it to the playoffs three times (1994-1996) and had a 5-2 record under Coach Zampese in playoff games. In 1995, the Boys faced off against the Squealers in SB XXX & we all know the outcome of that SB!
If they repeat with 15-2 we'll be in position. I'll take that.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah, but we might have a rough start. IMO it all hinges on our OL. Our rookie and our left tackle staying healthy. If Tyron stays healthy and our rookie kicks butt, that's a start. That has to happen for Dallas to be successful. Then worry about the rest. I'm not confident at all. But I'm wrong more than I am right. And it's not even close. So I'm hoping this is yet again one of those times.

The question you have to ask......did we improve our OL from last year or got worst? I'll say at a min, that we are no worst. I'm confident in Tyler Smith playing as well as CW. The key is when Tyron goes down......all hell breaks loose.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'll tell you why... They over compensate.. When the offense was putrid, especially the Oline. They used a bunch of resources to fix the line. Problem solved. But the defense got old quick. Then they have to use a whole entire draft to fix the defense.. Things are looking up.. Now we got a old slow Zeke, 1 WR and Oline is looking a mess. Now its time to fix the Offense..
Don't give up yet bro. I have a feeling both our Offense and Defense will end up Top 10 this season, make the playoffs and make some noise once there.

DanA

Reaction score
It comes down to the miss-allocation of cap. We draft very well, then screw up contracts and team building.

We simply pay the wrong guys, The FO picks their favorites with either little or no regard for character and long-term roster.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It comes down to the miss-allocation of cap. We draft very well, then screw up contracts and team building.

We simply pay the wrong guys, The FO picks their favorites with either little or no regard for character and long-term roster.
I’d agree to a certain extent . We definitely have over paid key talent . And we have made some good drafts . But we’ve also missed on a number of top picks too , especially on defense. Like Clairborne, Taco and Tristen and maybe Van Esch. You just can’t miss on so many top picks in the draft.

kskboys

Reaction score
You can definitely use the run to set up the pass as well. But the point is that you pass the ball to score.
Or run. Or St's. You score however you can. You don't limit your scoring plays to passing, that's foolish.