Why Cowboys and other teams are not interviewing Bill Belichick

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Many fans don't remember \ recall \ realize that New England's six Super Bowl wins - AND losses - under Belichick were mostly low-to moderately scoring games that were all decided in the last minutes of regulation or overtime by a touchdown or less____
SB XXXVI - Patriots 20, Rams 17
SB XXXVIII - Patriots 32, Panthers 29
SB XXXIX - Patriots 24, Eagles 21
SB XLII - Giants 17, Patriots 14
SB XLVI - Giants 21, Patriots 17
SB XLIX - Patriots 28, Seahawks 24
SB LI - Patriots 34, Falcons 28 (OT)
SB LII - Eagles 41, Patriots 33
SB LIII - Patriots 13, Rams 3
That's precisely the reason why I wouldn't be upset if Bill became the coach. He knows how to win. A win's a win, score doesn't matter....

duane33

Reaction score
He’s the HC GOAT. Stick to Madden.
McCarthy, garrett, Gailey, Phillips, Switzer. You guys are crazy. Dallas hasnt won since they had a coach that held players accountable. I know things have changed, you cant be hard on players because they are soft, But if uou like the way things are goung for the last 28 years, good for you

rambo2

Reaction score
I guess the billionaires are all tightwads with the cash lol . It explains why the jones boys were not interested. They would have to pay 20 + 6 for mikes last year.

You get what you pay for. And Jerry who said money was no problem to win another SB, but I guess it is.

Then there is the full power thing, they would not have any say in draft, FA, etc.

The recent record is easily explained, Brady left because he knew the talent had all left, and drafting in lower rounds EVERY year adds up.

Since brady left Bill had the team with no talent and had to make do with a lower round QB. Hard for any coach to win with that.

It is a shame as it would have been interesting to see what Bill could have done with the current cowboys players.
There would not have been a rebuild, but just some adjustments.
One thing for sure cowboys would have been prepared to play games, and not just show up to play with a stupid game plan.
Our defense would take out of the game the other teams best player.
Dak would have been good enough to win, as BB won a SB when brady was just a bus driver who didnt make mistakes.

The jones boys passed up a golden opportunity, and so have the other teams.
Also bill wanted the cowboys job, so may have given in on the gm and full power thing. But jones boys saw that 20 mil tag and blew him off .
Too expensive for ol jerry lol he couldnt afford Bill is bottom line.
It is because he is old and he tells everybody what to do.

duane33

Reaction score
Jerry will sell the team before he hires Bill.
Jerry is a loser billionaire owner, the newest being the Panthers owner Tepper.
Made tons of $ being ruthless a holes. Jerry had the formula but ***** it up, thought he could win by being coach

Chasing6

Reaction score
I guess the billionaires are all tightwads with the cash lol . It explains why the jones boys were not interested. They would have to pay 20 + 6 for mikes last year.

You get what you pay for. And Jerry who said money was no problem to win another SB, but I guess it is.

Then there is the full power thing, they would not have any say in draft, FA, etc.

The recent record is easily explained, Brady left because he knew the talent had all left, and drafting in lower rounds EVERY year adds up.

Since brady left Bill had the team with no talent and had to make do with a lower round QB. Hard for any coach to win with that.

It is a shame as it would have been interesting to see what Bill could have done with the current cowboys players.
There would not have been a rebuild, but just some adjustments.
One thing for sure cowboys would have been prepared to play games, and not just show up to play with a stupid game plan.
Our defense would take out of the game the other teams best player.
Dak would have been good enough to win, as BB won a SB when brady was just a bus driver who didnt make mistakes.

The jones boys passed up a golden opportunity, and so have the other teams.
Also bill wanted the cowboys job, so may have given in on the gm and full power thing. But jones boys saw that 20 mil tag and blew him off .
Too expensive for ol jerry lol he couldnt afford Bill is bottom line

I don't believe Cowboys were on Belichick's list of teams he wanted to coach.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McCarthy, garrett, Gailey, Phillips, Switzer. You guys are crazy. Dallas hasnt won since they had a coach that held players accountable. I know things have changed, you cant be hard on players because they are soft, But if uou like the way things are goung for the last 28 years, good for you
Do you have AHD? Stay on topic. I can handle all the grammatical errors, but not trying to change the subject.

duane33

Reaction score
Do you have AHD? Stay on topic. I can handle all the grammatical errors, but not trying to change the subject.
Really? An English teacher? Gimme a break.

Topic is about BB and how we have a dumb owner. Geez, defensive.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First of all there wasn’t an opening in Dallas.

As far as most of the openings Bill wasn’t a long term solution. He’s basically after 15 more wins to pass Shula for all time .

lukemartin79

Reaction score
That's precisely the reason why I wouldn't be upset if Bill became the coach. He knows how to win. A win's a win, score doesn't matter....
Excellent point. So many people forget that he was Parcells DC with the Giants and won 2 Super Bowls there. His defense stopped the powerhouse favorite Bills in the last one. That first Super Bowl with the Rams was won because of him and his defense stopping The Greatest Show on Turf Rams, who were also favorites - not Brady.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
We have a 4 year mistake already, cheaper yes, but not in the class of BB
I'd agree with you if BB had a record better than McCarthy without Brady. He really doesn't. If you don't like McCarthy you'd really be disappointed with Bill Belichick. Unless you think Prescott can be Belichick's Tom Brady.

pansophy

Reaction score
BB won squat before TB and won squat after TB.

He's neither evil nor a genius. He simply rode TB's coat-tails.

The owners see right through that clown.
I tend to think this is what owners suspect. Plus he really only wants to coach to get the all time coaching win record so he isn’t interested in building a new program