Why Cowboys and other teams are not interviewing Bill Belichick

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I guess the billionaires are all tightwads with the cash lol . It explains why the jones boys were not interested. They would have to pay 20 + 6 for mikes last year.

You get what you pay for. And Jerry who said money was no problem to win another SB, but I guess it is.

Then there is the full power thing, they would not have any say in draft, FA, etc.

The recent record is easily explained, Brady left because he knew the talent had all left, and drafting in lower rounds EVERY year adds up.

Since brady left Bill had the team with no talent and had to make do with a lower round QB. Hard for any coach to win with that.

It is a shame as it would have been interesting to see what Bill could have done with the current cowboys players.
There would not have been a rebuild, but just some adjustments.
One thing for sure cowboys would have been prepared to play games, and not just show up to play with a stupid game plan.
Our defense would take out of the game the other teams best player.
Dak would have been good enough to win, as BB won a SB when brady was just a bus driver who didnt make mistakes.

The jones boys passed up a golden opportunity, and so have the other teams.
Also bill wanted the cowboys job, so may have given in on the gm and full power thing. But jones boys saw that 20 mil tag and blew him off .
Too expensive for ol jerry lol he couldnt afford Bill is bottom line.
Delusional. If hiring Belichick would guarantee a Super Bowl, owners would be lining up to hire him. Every single one of them wants to win. The issue with Belichick is he's in his 70's. Coaching takes a lot of energy, and he's going to be a short-timer if he gets hired. Owners don't want to hire a short-timer with the energy of a septuagenarian.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
The recent record is easily explained, Brady left because he knew the talent had all left, and drafting in lower rounds EVERY year adds up.

Since brady left Bill had the team with no talent and had to make do with a lower round QB. Hard for any coach to win with that.
Finally some common sense from educated football people. So tired of seeing people hate on Bellichick. Love Brady, favorite player of all times, but Bellichick was the Peanut Butter to Brady's Jelly.

They were in the playoffs every year since the fluke year of 2009/10 where Brady had his knee blown out in the first game. They were picking in the bottom of the 1st round for 10 years

Plus, PLUS, Bellichick was a big believer in finding and paying the middle of the road guys. They had very few big contracts. This allowed them to pay more money all around and have a balanced team. This only worked because of Brady though. He was able to elevate his offensive no names (not counting gronk) and win. Bill took care of the Team playing smart, do your job, special teams mistake free, tight run stuffing D.

Once Brady was gone, that whole strategy which worked in the age of parity and salary cap, no longer worked.

Anyways, good stuff, glad to see other people can actually see deeper than "Bill sucks without Brady, because Brady won another SB".

offlimits

Reaction score
I guess the billionaires are all tightwads with the cash lol . It explains why the jones boys were not interested. They would have to pay 20 + 6 for mikes last year.

You get what you pay for. And Jerry who said money was no problem to win another SB, but I guess it is.

Then there is the full power thing, they would not have any say in draft, FA, etc.

It is a shame as it would have been interesting to see what Bill could have done with the current cowboys players.
One thing for sure cowboys would have been prepared to play games, and not just show up to play with a stupid game plan.
Dak would have been good enough to win, as BB won a SB when brady was just a bus driver who didnt make mistakes.

Also bill wanted the cowboys job, so may have given in on the gm and full power thing. But jones boys saw that 20 mil tag and blew him off .
Simple. He's too old and low energy. He needs to stop embarrassing himself. Take a TV job and then basically retire like Cowher has.

ICP

Reaction score
Jerry and his offspring have already shown they don't care about doing anything further than keeping the cash flow incoming. Jerry was talking a big game after Dallas got embarrassed by GB saying there would be accountability. They are treating this so called accountability just like they do free agency. While other teams have held the coaching staffs accountable and fired and hired new personnel we seem to be waiting for the bargain bin coaches. That is IF they even make any changes. Belichick as well as the other big names floated as replacements in Dallas are just a pipe dream

duane33

Reaction score
I'd agree with you if BB had a record better than McCarthy without Brady. He really doesn't. If you don't like McCarthy you'd really be disappointed with Bill Belichick. Unless you think Prescott can be Belichick's Tom Brady.
Don't think I'd be disappointed with the GOAT, Jerry would find a way to mess things up for sure.
McCarthy won 1 SB with Rogers, so not very good.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Brady wasn't the Brady people think of his first few years. That first year especially he was just a good bus driver.

And we don't have to wonder about Jimmy. He didn't win anything in Miami even with Dan Marino.
Nobody won the Super Bowl with Dan Marino.

tunahelper

Reaction score
I said this during the Tom Brady years as well.

I kept telling people he did not win anything before Brady arrived and it would be the same after Brady retired.

Brady left and won a Super Bowl with the Buccaneers of all teams. Belichick's Brady-less Patriot teams got worse.

I think Belichick is a good defensive coordinator, but unless he wins a Super Bowl without Brady, Brady will always be the reason why the Patriots were so good.
Why didn't Brady win multiple SB's with the Bucs if all it takes is add TB to your roster? Look at that defense the Bucs had and the right pieces were added to the offense.

Fact is Belly is a great coach and Brady is a great QB. Don't discount all the great Giants defenses BB coached. Also you think he learned a few things from Parcells?

Great teams and multiple SB's take more than one great player and great coach.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Money is not the issue about hiring coaches like Belichick.
Brady left because he and Belichick were not seeing eye to eye on having his personal trainer involved in every little thing. It had reached epic proportions.
So he left because he was a spoiled diva.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Simple. He's too old and low energy. He needs to stop embarrassing himself. Take a TV job and then basically retire like Cowher has.
I’m not so sure the guy who answers questions with the least amount of words possible would be good as a commentator but who knows, maybe he could be trained.

Proof

Reaction score
Brady wasn't the Brady people think of his first few years. That first year especially he was just a good bus driver.

And we don't have to wonder about Jimmy. He didn't win anything in Miami even with Dan Marino.
It's also a lot more difficult to fill the void of a hof qb than any any other position or coaching vacancy. didn't hurt too that brady went to a team w/ tremendous skill players and had players lining up to join him.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Don't think I'd be disappointed with the GOAT, Jerry would find a way to mess things up for sure.
McCarthy won 1 SB with Rogers, so not very good.
That's true, but he was with Green Bay for 12 years, and of that 12 he had them in the playoffs 9 years, and 1 Super Bowl. That's pretty darn good for a guy that didn't have a durable best player ever at QB. Remember Aaron Roger's was injury prone and missed a lot of games. He came from the same coaching tree as Bill Walsh, Andy Reid, Shanahan. Those guys won a ton of Super Bowl's much more than the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Bill Belichick without Tom Brady as his QB is 82-98. That's not good. Here's a chart of his games with other quarterbacks, and teams.

QuarterbackTeamRecord
Mac JonesPatriots18-24
Vinnie TestaverdeBrowns17-16
Bernie KosarBrowns11-18
Matt CasselPatriots10-5
Cam NewtonPatriots7-8
Drew BledsoePatriots5-13
Mike TomczakBrowns4-4
Bailey ZappePatriots4-4
Jimmy GaroppoloPatriots2-0
Mark RypienBrowns2-1
Todd PhilcoxBrowns2-3
Jacoby BrissettPatriots1-1
Eric ZeierBrowns1-3
Brian HoyerPatriots0-2

HMJYay

Reaction score
Asking a coach what he thinks about a player the week they play them isn’t going to get you a “they suck” answer.
Also, Belichick almost famously praises players the week before games. lol. He wants to butter players and coaches up, not piss them off. Show me a clip of him saying anything negative about a player or coach before a game. He’s a good coach, he’s not going to. lol

duane33

Reaction score
That's true, but he was with Green Bay for 12 years, and of that 12 he had them in the playoffs 9 years, and 1 Super Bowl. That's pretty darn good for a guy that didn't have a durable best player ever at QB. Remember Aaron Roger's was injury prone and missed a lot of games. He came from the same coaching tree as Bill Walsh, Andy Reid, Shanahan. Those guys won a ton of Super Bowl's much more than the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Bill Belichick without Tom Brady as his QB is 82-98. That's not good. Here's a chart of his games with other quarterbacks, and teams.

QuarterbackTeamRecord
Mac JonesPatriots18-24
Vinnie TestaverdeBrowns17-16
Bernie KosarBrowns11-18
Matt CasselPatriots10-5
Cam NewtonPatriots7-8
Drew BledsoePatriots5-13
Mike TomczakBrowns4-4
Bailey ZappePatriots4-4
Jimmy GaroppoloPatriots2-0
Mark RypienBrowns2-1
Todd PhilcoxBrowns2-3
Jacoby BrissettPatriots1-1
Eric ZeierBrowns1-3
Brian HoyerPatriots0-2
Ya, he drafted Brady.
And he devised defenses to win those super bowls , and he and Brady lost 3.
MM was an offensive coach and won 1 Super Bowl , no comparison .
Belichick was maybe a 14
Or 17 point underdog against the greatest show on turf and beat them.
Brady didn’t intercept a pass in the goal line against Seattle to win SB, BB defense.
It was both of them, like Walsh and Montana.
Great, MM wins 12 games and gets dusted in playoffs, means nothing. It’s about Super Bowls.
Good luck with McCartby next year, I’m done with JJ and the cowboys, dysfunctional front office to say the least

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Ya, he drafted Brady.
And he devised defenses to win those super bowls , and he and Brady lost 3.
MM was an offensive coach and won 1 Super Bowl , no comparison .
Belichick was maybe a 14
Or 17 point underdog against the greatest show on turf and beat them.
Brady didn’t intercept a pass in the goal line against Seattle to win SB, BB defense.
It was both of them, like Walsh and Montana.
Great, MM wins 12 games and gets dusted in playoffs, means nothing. It’s about Super Bowls.
Good luck with McCartby next year, I’m done with JJ and the cowboys, dysfunctional front office to say the least
When Brady was drafted the patriots front office had control over the roster. I'm not sure if Brady, or Bill Belichick came first, or a year apart, . I know they fired Pete Carroll which allowed Bill Belichick to be hired. The person responsible for Tom Brady was Dick Rehbein. The QB coach of the patriots at that time.

duane33

Reaction score
When Brady was drafted the patriots front office had control over the roster. I'm not sure if Brady, or Bill Belichick came first, or a year apart, . I know they fired Pete Carroll which allowed Bill Belichick to be hired. The person responsible for Tom Brady was Dick Rehbein. The QB coach of the patriots at that time.
Yes. They had Bledsoe already, was BB’s first year when they drafted him. Felt like he was best QB for their system, 199th player picked.
But you need more than a great QB to win.
Look at Dan Marino, never won a SB.
Coaches Dallas has had since Jimmy have been a joke other than Parcells.

Like I said, I’m all done with a team constantly making same mistakes. Read Spagnolo article on Dallas website about how bad the defense was this year .
Good to to Jerry and Mike

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

I read the ESPN article that dug into insider reports on what went wrong with Belichick and Atlanta. Remember, he went in as the favorite.

Apparently, he talked about himself out of the job because he wanted full control of the roster and the ability to change it dramaticaly if needed which scared the ATL.

So that there tells me it never would have been kosher with the Jones Boys either, although I would have welcomed a 3-4 shift. Good luck though having another 2005 draft to build that unit! That was one of our team's all-time drafts!

Parcells knew how to give up controls to get the job, not sure Belichick can do the same. And whether it's the right or wrong thing for a HC to do, we all know the last thing our Owner/GM Staff wants is a Head Coach who thinks he has full control.