Video: Why Dak is the most accurate. NFL Network

GreenMean69

Reaction score
I said Dak. I never said the Cowboys started off great.

What are you even talking about? You are coming into a discussion being combative and argumentative. I asked you what's the excuse for why Dak played well last year until Zeke got suspended? That's a question not a statement:

Because football is a team sport. So it still really stands the same. He -played good against some bad teams. Dont get me wrong Im not against Dak ,even as an Eagles fan. He needs more then 2 years to show what he has.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because football is a team sport. So it still really stands the same. He -played good against some bad teams. Dont get me wrong Im not against Dak ,even as an Eagles fan. He needs more then 2 years to show what he has.
Rams, Packers and Chiefs were bad teams?

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Rams, Packers and Chiefs were bad teams?

no you are just ignoring what I write . I didnt include the Rams , Packers or Chiefs .... Why dont you look back a post or two . Although I did say by week 5 the Cheifs started to nose dive. I said they played bad teams which included , Giants , 49ers , Broncos , Commanders and Cardinals . so 5 of the 8 teams they played were bad last year .... yet you are trying to use that to make some point of how good Dak is ? Sounds like the way people talked about Kirks records good vs bad. But Ya Im done here, you are ignoring parts of my posts to fuel you agenda

Big D

Reaction score
This is one of those "eye of the beholder" deals. It is not a real stat. Its a flawed and has more to do with the judgement of the QB than accuracy. In fact, in one segment of this video clip, Dak chose to throw the ball in a tight window to witten b/c he flat out missed a wide open Rod Smith coming out of the backfield. Dak throws in a lot of tight windows b/c he's locking onto guys and not seeing the whole field.
...Dak misses open receivers constantly. He either doesn't look at the whole field or just straight up doesn't see them. He needs to improve reading the field and thankfully that is something QBs do improve on so there is hope..
..Dak is the 5th best qb in the nfce

:p
I... I also believe his vision needs to and can improve. It seemed that Dak wasn't seeing the whole field a lot last year. Focusing on only half the field. ...If you know where your receivers are supposed to go and you know what the D is doing, then you have a better chance of throwing your receiver open vs throwing it at the receiver. That where I want to see improvement.
Dak will go down as the big bubble as did RG3 and Colin Kaepernick and Tim Tebow .....as sooner or later these guys show there true lack of talent as Dak did last year!

Great insight from the board experts! Now, let's get the perspective from what one could argue is the best cb in the division:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Great insight from the board experts! Now, let's get the perspective from what one could argue is the best cb in the division:

You can see for yourself him not scan the entire field and missing open receivers where he does look. It's been demonstrated with video multiple times.

You don't need to be an expert to see either. You just need to understand that where the opening from the helmet is facing is where the player is looking.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
no you are just ignoring what I write . I didnt include the Rams , Packers or Chiefs .... Why dont you look back a post or two . Although I did say by week 5 the Cheifs started to nose dive. I said they played bad teams which included , Giants , 49ers , Broncos , Commanders and Cardinals . so 5 of the 8 teams they played were bad last year .... yet you are trying to use that to make some point of how good Dak is ? Sounds like the way people talked about Kirks records good vs bad. But Ya Im done here, you are ignoring parts of my posts to fuel you agenda
What are you talking about? You said he played good against bad teams. So I brought up the good teams he played well against. Did you forget what you typed? His best games were actually against good teams. His worst games were against teams like the Broncos who were a bad team. Are you ok?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You can see for yourself him not scan the entire field and missing open receivers where he does look. It's been demonstrated with video multiple times.

You don't need to be an expert to see either. You just need to understand that where the opening from the helmet is facing is where the player is looking.
Does Brady or Rodgers not miss open receivers?

Big D

Reaction score
So here we are with Romo's health fading and each qb we bring in cannot sniff a "W" much less string together more than any cowboys qb since 1977. Along comes Dak who has the best rookie season EVER in cowboys history. The following season, loses the best LT in the game and the arguably the best RB as well and consequently does not repeat the record setting performance. The obvious conclusion, Dak sucks! :laugh:

Rayman70

Reaction score
So here we are with Romo's health fading and each qb we bring in cannot sniff a "W" much less string together more than any cowboys qb since 1977. Along comes Dak who has the best rookie season EVER in cowboys history. The following season, loses the best LT in the game and the arguably the best RB as well and consequently does not repeat the record setting performance. The obvious conclusion, Dak sucks! :laugh:
Amen Bro...I agree. The guy is a stud..was asked the impossible last year with all the odds against him. No LT,starting RB gone...Sean Lee gone..AGAIN. Dez...MIA.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
On some of the dez touchdown catches, dez is having to plant, turn around, an catch over the defender. That tendes to make the seperation less than it could have been had the ball been in front of dez. Im not a fan of dak so when i see a ball thrown behind the receiver i see it as bad ball placement even if the receiver adjusts and makes the catch.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Where was Dez against Seattle last year? Against Atlanta? OH..thats right...he lost interest and Dak was on his back all game long. Dez vanishes in long stretches.

HungryLion

Reaction score
On some of the dez touchdown catches, dez is having to plant, turn around, an catch over the defender. That tendes to make the seperation less than it could have been had the ball been in front of dez. Im not a fan of dak so when i see a ball thrown behind the receiver i see it as bad ball placement even if the receiver adjusts and makes the catch.

Except Dez doesn’t get seperation and has the defender running step for step with him.

And I’ve been told a hundred times on this board that with dez, you have to throw the ball high to a spot where he can jump up and make the catch.

So we see some video of Dak doing that, and he still gets criticized for “underthrowing the ball”.

So which is it? Is Dak supposed to throw the ball long and let Dez try to run under it? Or throw the ball shorter and higher and let Dez go after it for a jump ball catch?

He can’t do both at the same time.

BigD5

Reaction score
Dak has his struggles last year for sure. What young QB hasn’t had struggles?

Even Aaron Rodgers in seasons past has been through slumps. No QB is immune

If you want to say Dak had a bad last 8 games I kind of have to disagree.

The Seattle game he played pretty good. His problem was the WRs completely sucked. Dropped ball after dropped ball.

Same for the nyg game in ny. How many balls did Dez and Beasley drop in that game? I know Dez dropped a TD. And cole dropped a third down pass that would’ve been a 1st down.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes, every qb misses open receivers. The first perfect quarterback to not miss receivers will be the first.

Again, the rate he misses reads and cannot scan the entire field is poor. That other QBs do it too does not excuse the high rate he does so.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I also think a good part of Dak's failures last year are our offensive system. It's not very innovative. Teams don't have to dig down deep to game plan against us. There is no way this isn't handicapping Dak, especially being a young student of the game. This needs to change. I see now more than ever how Romo carried Garrett for years. It just makes me more impressed with what a damn good QB he really was.