Video: Why Dak is the most accurate. NFL Network

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All of this Dak discussion is fun but has anyone had their opinion changed from where they were after the last game of 2017?

The only two realities I see about him are he was flat out mind boggling his rookie season and caught everyone off guard, including his own coaching staff. He also benefitted from coming out of nowhere and these DC's didn't have enough prep time and that was exacerbated by the team having the 2nd best run game along with the best run OL. The second reality is that once they did have time to prepare and pick their poison, the pass game, he was not mind boggling but he was not bad.

I don't know what most expect but I think he can lead the team to glory, if he has the right team to lead. He's not Brady, Brees or Rodgers nor will he be but that doesn't mean he can't bring some rings with the right team.

All of this focus on Dak is as misplaced as it was on Romo. Staubach got 2 and Aikman 3 but without those team around them, do they get any?

Is Dak the franchise QB? To answer that we have to know if they're going to build a franchise for him. One built to win games not just entertain and that begins and ends with defense, They're already half way there on offense with a great run game. Dak needs a defense that will allow him to play QB like Roger and Troy did and not passer like White and Romo did.
I ever understood the argument that DCs NOW started to gsmeplan for him. There was taPe on him his first season.....even last year....he played well until Zeke went down. Tape didn't seem to hurt him until Zeke went out:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, if you don't believe those three QBs you named haven't missed wide open receivers....then you need to either watch more football closely. Or, become a coach where you can see more of the field instead of just tv.

What's more funny is when articles are posted about Dak that's in a negative tone, some of you tend to believe it. But, if it's positive, then it's NOT REAL. It's NOT REAL STATS. Or, it's just flat out LIES to some of you. And if you don't think Rodgers throws into tight windows.....again, you better watch more football. Or become a coach. Smh
That's what's funny. Any negative post about Dak there isn't any over analyzing or questioning stats.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak will go down as the big bubble as did RG3 and Colin Kaepernick and Tim Tebow .....as sooner or later these guys show there true lack of talent as Dak did last year!
Rg3 had injuries hurt his career. Kapernick two seasons ago had 16 touchdowns and 4 picks. Tebow was a fraud.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Exactly. Just like Julio Jones and AJ Green. And .1 and .2 yards behind players like Fitzgerald, Cooper, Michael Thomas, Antonio Brown, Sammy Watkins and Allen Hurns.

He's admittedly nowhere near the top like Randall Cobb, Albert Wilson, and Terrance Williams.

Yeah, I'm hesitant to put too much weight in the separation stats. They could be perfectly valid, but just not sure how accurately and consistently they are determined.

Just like PFF stats. There is a lot of room for subjectivity, especially if there are large numbers of individuals compiling the analysis.

Id also like to see separation classified by if they were double covered or single.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Daks supporting cast did him no favors last year. Dak is just fine..RELAX.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
I ever understood the argument that DCs NOW started to gsmeplan for him. There was taPe on him his first season.....even last year....he played well until Zeke went down. Tape didn't seem to hurt him until Zeke went out:

obviously, they try to game plan ... no one is that stupid . But having a years worth of tape tends to reveal more tendencies. Then is offseason they actually have the time to sit and review into greater detail. That is what people mean when they say they have tape and can better game plan. People like to ignoire those little facts , others are to ignorant to understand the game on that level. Its hard to study well during the season when its a new team each week.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak is a rhythm passer..sort of like Aikman was...everything needs to be on time and on schedule or the timing of the play goes bad. Last year he never found a rhythm because of the RB sitch,..the oline, and the inability of the wideouts/TE'S to get open. The route running was horrible. Some of it was Dak ,but the lions share is on the team around him. THE DEFENSE,not Dak,let us down in crunch time as well. The whole Sean Lee thing sucked. He held the team hostage defensively AGAIN. When will the FO learn? All of it wasn't Dak.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much time do you think these guys have between games to prepare for teams? The Giants DC said he had to go back to Miss St film to prepare and he prepared better and had longer than any DC.

Look at the schedule that teams have each week, except the bye week and there are CBA rules governing that too. That's why we see tight division games a lot of the time and wacky games with teams that don't play often enough. That is also why QB's used to come in and light up our defense, no prep time. And why some HC's get cagey about which players will start up until game time decision.

2016 was one of the weirdest seasons not only in Cowboys history but in NFL history. When was the last time there was discussion for a rookie QB and RB from the same team for MVP? They were a two headed monster that at least for Dak's part caught DC's off guard and being forced to spend more time on the run D because of the OL and RB. It had been a long time since a team was built around clock control and running the ball.

It was so much easier for them with a season of film, an off season to prepare and a game plan to slow the run down well enough to force the game on the young QB.

I saw this a lot last season from other posters but I don't think they are aware of just how time works against DC's once the season is underway. Look at how Kaepernick caught them off guard and they weren't any better later in the season because of the prep and time constraints. However, give them a year and it's a different story.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is a rhythm passer..sort of like Aikman was...everything needs to be on time and on schedule or the timing of the play goes bad. Last year he never found a rhythm because of the RB sitch,..the oline, and the inability of the wideouts/TE'S to get open. The route running was horrible. Some of it was Dak ,but the lions share is on the team around him. THE DEFENSE,not Dak,let us down in crunch time as well. The whole Sean Lee thing sucked. He held the team hostage defensively AGAIN. When will the FO learn? All of it wasn't Dak.

Ha ha ha ha ha :lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::laugh::lmao::lmao2::huh:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
As much as people complain about "click bait" articles around here, this was a "click bait" thread.

roughneck266

Reaction score
I like Dak. I championed him during the draft and was very happy we drafted him, but there's no getting around the fact that he was bad last year.
He did indeed. I am not willing to say he is a bad QB on a single year's data though. Seems quite a few people here are, I just don't believe that is the Dak we will always see.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
things based in reality.
I had the gumption to enter into this strange torpedo and ride it to it's target, but I figured that most of the parties involved are all the same: you have no faith in the Corso culture.

But maybe you do... There's no harm done. We're all responsible people...

Thankfully, we're all chocked full of grit! And reality is the broom that swipes away the grit from our gumption!

Wait...

WhizKid

Reaction score
All these confirmation bias threads are distracting from the actual problem with the team. Dak, Dez, Zeke, Tyron, Lee, blah blah blah. They do nothing but drive us away from the red-headed step child and his disfunctinal father Jerry. We could have won more games last year with the team we had if the coaching was even above average. There was plenty of talent, the oline was good enough (minus Atlanta) and so was the defense. We couldn't put points on the board because our players weren't put in position to win and their skills weren't being utilized to the best of their abilities. The fact that everything needs to be perfect in order for us to win is a sign that our leadership is a failing one.

"Our line wasn't the best in the league"
"Zeke was gone"
"Dez doesn't run more than three routes"
"Sean Lee was injured"
"The refs are out to get us"

Everything here is mitigated by making offensive adjustments, moving protection, adding more routes to a player, adjusting personnel, being creative and fresh with ideas. Okay, I know I'm beating a dead horse, but these Dez-Dak threads only allow the team to get away with false narratives.

Dak had a bad year, but he is going into his third year and he should, given proper prep and practice this off-season, should improve.

Dez is aging, that's natural. He should, given another off-season with Dak, get on the same page and start producing again.

Zeke, hopefully has no pictures of him burning ants with a magnifying glass so he could play the whole year.

And the BIGGY, hopefully Garrett understands he needs to start bringing different personnel groups to games where we could utilize the shiftyness of our slot wrs, dezs physical body to get in front of defenders both outside AND in the slot, Zeke's ability to catch the ball, and more . This is the biggest IF because it has a direct effect on everything, from putting points on the board, to keeping the defense off the field. Hopefully they make some smart draft decisions and add some speed to both sides of the ball and some meat in the middle.

That's all, God Bless ya'll. Let's hope and pray for the best this year.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
All these confirmation bias threads are distracting from the actual problem with the team. Dak, Dez, Zeke, Tyron, Lee, blah blah blah. They do nothing but drive us away from the red-headed step child and his disfunctinal father Jerry. We could have won more games last year with the team we had if the coaching was even above average. There was plenty of talent, the oline was good enough (minus Atlanta) and so was the defense. We couldn't put points on the board because our players weren't put in position to win and their skills weren't being utilized to the best of their abilities. The fact that everything needs to be perfect in order for us to win is a sign that our leadership is a failing one.

"Our line wasn't the best in the league"
"Zeke was gone"
"Dez doesn't run more than three routes"
"Sean Lee was injured"
"The refs are out to get us"

Everything here is mitigated by making offensive adjustments, moving protection, adding more routes to a player, adjusting personnel, being creative and fresh with ideas. Okay, I know I'm beating a dead horse, but these Dez-Dak threads only allow the team to get away with false narratives.

Dak had a bad year, but he is going into his third year and he should, given proper prep and practice this off-season, should improve.

Dez is aging, that's natural. He should, given another off-season with Dak, get on the same page and start producing again.

Zeke, hopefully has no pictures of him burning ants with a magnifying glass so he could play the whole year.

And the BIGGY, hopefully Garrett understands he needs to start bringing different personnel groups to games where we could utilize the shiftyness of our slot wrs, dezs physical body to get in front of defenders both outside AND in the slot, Zeke's ability to catch the ball, and more . This is the biggest IF because it has a direct effect on everything, from putting points on the board, to keeping the defense off the field. Hopefully they make some smart draft decisions and add some speed to both sides of the ball and some meat in the middle.

That's all, God Bless ya'll. Let's hope and pray for the best this year.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I really love Dak, mostly because I am an unapologetic homer, but I have some problems with this measurement.

1. Look at the other top QBs on this list: Matthew Stafford, Case Keenum, Alex Smith and Big Ben round out the top 5. All good QBs, and I actually think Big Ben is one of the top 3-4 QBs in the league. But where's Tom Brady? Aaron Rodgers? Drew Brees? They're not even in the top 10 on this list.
2. The point of this measurement is that the QBs on this list throw into the smallest windows. So their targets don't have separation at the time of the catch. In the case of this video, the Cowboys WRs have like 0.6-0.7 yards of separation when they make their catches. Wouldn't we be a MUCH better team if our WRs had 5 yards of separation when they made every catch?
And this is a reason we focused so much in FA on WR and the reason we will draft very high on WR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
obviously, they try to game plan ... no one is that stupid . But having a years worth of tape tends to reveal more tendencies. Then is offseason they actually have the time to sit and review into greater detail. That is what people mean when they say they have tape and can better game plan. People like to ignoire those little facts , others are to ignorant to understand the game on that level. Its hard to study well during the season when its a new team each week.
Ok so what's the excuse for why Dak played well last season before Zeke got suspended? It takes a year and a half for teams to get tape on you?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How much time do you think these guys have between games to prepare for teams? The Giants DC said he had to go back to Miss St film to prepare and he prepared better and had longer than any DC.

Look at the schedule that teams have each week, except the bye week and there are CBA rules governing that too. That's why we see tight division games a lot of the time and wacky games with teams that don't play often enough. That is also why QB's used to come in and light up our defense, no prep time. And why some HC's get cagey about which players will start up until game time decision.

2016 was one of the weirdest seasons not only in Cowboys history but in NFL history. When was the last time there was discussion for a rookie QB and RB from the same team for MVP? They were a two headed monster that at least for Dak's part caught DC's off guard and being forced to spend more time on the run D because of the OL and RB. It had been a long time since a team was built around clock control and running the ball.

It was so much easier for them with a season of film, an off season to prepare and a game plan to slow the run down well enough to force the game on the young QB.

I saw this a lot last season from other posters but I don't think they are aware of just how time works against DC's once the season is underway. Look at how Kaepernick caught them off guard and they weren't any better later in the season because of the prep and time constraints. However, give them a year and it's a different story.
Kapernick two years ago in limited action had 16 TDs and 4 picks. Not buying the whole "there's tape on him" argument. Just not.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Ok so what's the excuse for why Dak played well last season before Zeke got suspended? It takes a year and a half for teams to get tape on you?

Excuse ? I would not say Dallas was off to a great start ... 5-3 In those games had some pretty easy teams to play as well . Giants , Cards , Broncos , 49ers , Commanders . All those teams stunk the NFL last year. I could even add the Chiefs because they started to nose dive after week 5. Let me guess next you will come at me with strength of schedule right? That is a load of BS because every year can be a 180 fora team ... besides that there is only a 2 game difference from rest of the division. But you did go for the suspension route ... whats next injuries? Yes losing Zeke was hurtful ... but AlMo and Rod did a decent job in his absence . You guys only lost a player here and there through the season and only for a couple games.

The Good teams were shutting Zeke and Dak down by daring Dak to throw. Next year unless Garret surprises everyone and adjusts offense Id imagine it will be worse. All teams lose players during the year ... Dallas was pretty lucky the didnt lose any of their starters for the whole year . Also remember its not just film on Dak that DCs look for .... they will follow the Coaching staff as well. Its obvious you either dont understand or just like to troll . Facts are facts

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Excuse ? I would not say Dallas was off to a great start ... 5-3 In those games had some pretty easy teams to play as well . Giants , Cards , Broncos , 49ers , Commanders . All those teams stunk the NFL last year. I could even add the Chiefs because they started to nose dive after week 5. Let me guess next you will come at me with strength of schedule right? That is a load of BS because every year can be a 180 fora team ... besides that there is only a 2 game difference from rest of the division. But you did go for the suspension route ... whats next injuries? Yes losing Zeke was hurtful ... but AlMo and Rod did a decent job in his absence . You guys only lost a player here and there through the season and only for a couple games.

The Good teams were shutting Zeke and Dak down by daring Dak to throw. Next year unless Garret surprises everyone and adjusts offense Id imagine it will be worse. All teams lose players during the year ... Dallas was pretty lucky the didnt lose any of their starters for the whole year . Also remember its not just film on Dak that DCs look for .... they will follow the Coaching staff as well. Its obvious you either dont understand or just like to troll . Facts are facts
I said Dak. I never said the Cowboys started off great.

What are you even talking about? You are coming into a discussion being combative and argumentative. I asked you what's the excuse for why Dak played well last year until Zeke got suspended? That's a question not a statement: