Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is very open about his posting style and has admitted many times in the past on the old board:

1. His opinions don't need to be driven by facts.
2. He is not writing for a publication so it is up to you to decide if what he is saying is true or not.
3. He is interesting in offering his views in hopes of influencing others to think like he does.

His agenda against Jerry is a personal one stemming from the move to the new stadium. He used to be a season ticket holder but the prices at the new stadium caused him to not renew. He was boycotting the team for many years up until the Lions playoff game in 2014. Garrett has given DHB a reason to care about the Cowboys again so he wants to direct any and all criticism away from Garrett and on to Jerry.

Thanks for the background info, keep it coming. Hopefully, it will help everyone to realize that it's simply noise.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I see how more time might sound Ludacris but you can change GMs coaches etc every 5 yrs or so but it isn't a an automatic solution some stay being bad even with numerous 1st round high draft picks and large salary cap freedoms see Cleveland and Cinci, and look for nearly 10yrs Jacksonville was bad and they are for at least one year turning the corner but really they were 10-6..There isn't magic formula sometimes you stick with comfort and normalcy and other teams constantly turn over their staffs etc..

so both sides of the argument can be valid..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Got proof of this poll?

And further, 57% isn't exactly a strong majority like you are claiming.
Like I said it was the highest since Jimmy. The bigger point is it’s not a small fraction which supports Garrett in Cowboys Nation which isn’t always represented on an Internet fan forum.

There’s over 6 million residents in DFW area alone so whatever the numbers are here on the Zone would represent a very small fraction in comparison.

Last edited:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Correct.................its not a committee thing. Jerry and stephen decide. Nothing to do with Garrett. Like any good boss, they ask the opinion of the people around them. So Garrett is one of many people that get asked.

Like I said, Garrett doesnt roster build. And like you said.............ITS KNOWN. Garrett doesnt pick the players here. In FA or in the draft. And like you said, he isnt part of the scouting department.

Are u seeking validation on a message board? lol

Garrett has some input but he’s no master...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It says he is well liked and has ingratiated himself to the people that count.

He is good at playing the politics.

It speaks absolutely zero about his coaching ability or chances for future success.

And since when is the last time people "in and around the Cowboys organization" been recently qualified to speak about what it takes to field a consistent winner?

I guess those in the organization are more qualified to speak about that than you are. And you have done what in the NFL for how long and you think you know more. Sitting on your couch on Sundays doesn't make you a GM.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He is very open about his posting style and has admitted many times in the past on the old board:

1. His opinions don't need to be driven by facts.
2. He is not writing for a publication so it is up to you to decide if what he is saying is true or not.
3. He is interesting in offering his views in hopes of influencing others to think like he does.

His agenda against Jerry is a personal one stemming from the move to the new stadium. He used to be a season ticket holder but the prices at the new stadium caused him to not renew. He was boycotting the team for many years up until the Lions playoff game in 2014. Garrett has given DHB a reason to care about the Cowboys again so he wants to direct any and all criticism away from Garrett and on to Jerry.
My agenda against Jerrys ways actually goes back to the split up with Jimmy.

My campaign to financially boycott begin with the new stadium as I knew as soon as it was built and all the seats sold and PSL’s committed.. game over which has proven true thus far.

I haven’t ran into much resistance on how Jerrys ways has compromised Cowboy Football operations. Some fans just choose to use it against me when my opinions on different issues don’t align with theirs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said it was the highest since Jimmy. The bigger point is it’s not a small fraction which supports Garrett in Cowboys Nation which isn’t always represented on an Internet fan forum.

There’s over 6 million residents in DFW area alone so whatever the numbers are here on the Zone would represent a very small fraction.

So no actual proof of this poll's validity then?

:huh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What percentage of the DFW area Cowboy fans would you venture to say support the overall job Garrett has done?

I'll say 0%. And that will carry just as much validity as this "poll" you keep alluding to but provide no evidence for.

And that would be 0% validity.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most everything on this site is noise. It’s an opinion driven fan forum. Even facts can be spun to support an narrative initiating propaganda.

And people can flat out lie about things that aren't accurate and don't exist. Maybe you got away with such things at your last message board? Between your numerous bannings. But unsupported claims and falsehoods don't fly around here.

Donut

Reaction score
Rbu3AE9.jpg

Sydla

Reaction score

There’s over 6 million residents in DFW area alone so whatever the numbers are here on the Zone would represent a very small fraction in comparison.

So in other words, you can't back up your claim.

Sydla

Reaction score
I guess those in the organization are more qualified to speak about that than you are. And you have done what in the NFL for how long and you think you know more. Sitting on your couch on Sundays doesn't make you a GM.

So, in other words, the GM and football are always right and fans are always wrong?

Sydla

Reaction score
You’d have to be a local to recall. It was broadcast on the local media. I want to say it was in 2015.

So let me get this straight.

You quote a poll that you can't validate or prove even existed. And it's a poll from 3 seasons ago on top of that?

So it's impossible that people's opinions of Garrett haven't changed over the 2015-16-17 seasons?

Embarrassing.