Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So the users here are the sum total of all Cowboys fans all over the world? Because the users here who are whining for Garrett's firing speak for the real ACTUAL number of Cowboys fans world wide? Do you need help carrying around an ego the size of yours?

Is that your word of the day "ego"? That cute.

Especially when you're apparently unaware of the "ego" of Jerry Jones and family and the people you're struggling to defend.

:lmao:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We shall see . The bottom line remains whether we support him or not Jerry does .

Until that changes. He’s our guy. My goal is to figure how to surround him with enough talent for more success.

Start with telling the truth. Let that be your "goal."

JustChip

Reaction score
Where are those people on game day when 75% of the stadium is rooting for the other team.

I know that's a general belief about the stadium fandom, but in my experience as a ticket holder that goes to 6+ games a year, that's just doesn't line up with reality other on a very isolated basis. The Steelers' fans are the closest to that being true - they just seem to travel very well. They're followed by the Packers and Raiders. I expected there to be a lot of Cheese Heads in the 2016 playoff game, but there were very, very few and the Cowboys fans were very engaged and loud.Interestingly, the last game where the opposing team was well represented was the Houston game in 2014 (I believe).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Start with telling the truth. Let that be your "goal."
If you believe it to be true it is. Billions do Everyday.

And I understand not being able to produce a link to a poll deflated the argument but it doesn’t mean I fabricated the poll or had an intention to provide false material.

Big_D

Reaction score
When you exaggerate and exaggerate as much as you just did, then you lose all credibility. The Cowboys sell out games. The visiting teams are allotted 35% of the tickets for a game. According to the Cowboys the visiting teams have sold out their tickets only during a couple playoff games. If by the Friday before the game at 1:00 any remaining visitor tickets can then be bought by the home team fans. I've watched the Cowboys from their very first game and I've never seen or heard 75% of the fans at the stadium cheering for the visiting team. You might cheer for the visitors but the hugely vast majority of fans in the stands cheer for the Cowboys.

35%alotted. How many ticket holders sell their seats? Scalpers etc? There is no home field advantage in that stadium so it’s not really an exaggeration!

Dre11

Reaction score
You keep posting this, but you have zero

Just sit this one out.

Because it’s bs. There’s nothing else to say about it. You come up with some bogus stuff you’ve made up in your head present as fact. It’s bs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
35%alotted. How many ticket holders sell their seats? Scalpers etc? There is no home field advantage in that stadium so it’s not really an exaggeration!
It varies depending on the opponent . In most cases I’ve seen anywhere from 10-40,000 opposing fans but Like the Detroit playoff game I attended 2014 season the sound was deafening with the lowest opposing fans I’ve seen or heard of. That was definitely a home field advantage unlike I’d seen in over 4 decades attending regular season, playoff and championship games at Texas Stadium.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yes it does
It's called "nepotism "
Look it up
This organization reeks of it

Really? Aikman told to walk, Emmitt told to walk,Romo shown the door, Ware shown the door, Bryant shown the door. Nepotism?

Dre11

Reaction score
Mainly ego. This was Jerry’s golden boy. He was chosen as the coach in training before Wade got here.

He’s still not going to let the team suffer if he thought the guy couldn’t coach.

Dre11

Reaction score
Funny, because the Ravens and Falcons have both been to the Super Bowl.

And? Who knows ,maybe if the Ravens, hired Garrett and bright in the talent, It could’ve been Garrett winning the Super Bowl.

JustChip

Reaction score
It varies depending on the opponent . In most cases I’ve seen anywhere from 10-40,000 opposing fans but Like the Detroit playoff game I attended 2014 season the sound was deafening with the lowest opposing fans I’ve seen or heard of. That was definitely a home field advantage unlike I’d seen in over 4 decades attending regular season, playoff and championship games at Texas Stadium.

I agree, but I do have to say that there was a game against the Steelers at Texas Stadium, I think it was Big Ben's first or second season, and the "deeefeeeense" chant by the Steelers fans on the first offensive drive by the Cowboys was deafening. I looked at my buddy and thought "what the heck" are we in Pittsburg? But that's really it that I can remember.

Dre11

Reaction score
I agree, but I do have to say that there was a game against the Steelers at Texas Stadium, I think it was Big Ben's first or second season, and the "deeefeeeense" chant by the Steelers fans on the first offensive drive by the Cowboys was deafening. I looked at my buddy and thought "what the heck" are we in Pittsburg? But that's really it that I can remember.

Pittsburgh fans travel well to all stadiums.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's ironic that you assume you're the authority on fan-hood. It's a little sad actually.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you believe it to be true it is. Billions do Everyday.

And I understand not being able to produce a link to a poll deflated the argument but it doesn’t mean I fabricated the poll or had an intention to provide false material.

Yeah, it does actually.

#19 - You will not post fake, false or wild rumors or news.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
That’s a heaping pile of bs you’re spewing. If they didn’t think he was capable of doing the job, he’d be gone. The people that matter the most wants to win as bad or more than the fans.

If that was true Jason Garrett would have been fired at the same as Wade Phillips.

Dre11

Reaction score
If that was true Jason Garrett would have been fired at the same as Wade Phillips.

Lol...where do you people get this? He was a very hot head coach candidate, he turned around a dead team as an interim coach, lastly, I heard nobody crying when he was hired as head coach, matter of fact, iirc folks was fine with it.....lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No doubt!!

Overall it’s been very embarrassing the opposing fans at Jerryworld. But when fans can’t decide not to renew their season tickets they’re left no choice but to try and recoup their investment. And opposing fans are snatching them up.

We tried to warn many when making the trip over from Texas Stadium.