Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Dre11

Reaction score
You can continue living in fantasy land. The rest of us realize the reality of 7 years and only 1 playoff win.

The old cop out 7 years ...blah,blah,blah....1 playoff win....what in the heck are you’ll go to say when he wins 2....lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can continue living in fantasy land. The rest of us realize the reality of 7 years and only 1 playoff win.
There’s a bigger reality which has been brewing over 20 years with only 2 playoff wins.

Garrett has actually matched the records of divisional titles and playoff wins of the 4 previous coaches. Not bad considering the circumstances and lack of experience coming in.

It’s all in how you want to spin it.

JustChip

Reaction score

Do you consider Landry a good coach? Garrett’s 1 playoff win bests the last 7 years of Landry which was 0-2 in playoffs. I’m not saying Garrett is in Landry’s league, just pointing out the fallacy of the 1 playoff win critique.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not enough talent, Jerry's fault, Marinelli sucks, Linehan needs to go, injuries held great coaching back, they never quit, only lost by single digits? .. the usual offseason routine.

Yeah, tons of excuses if one looks hard enough.
:laugh:

The desparation grows.
giphy.gif

JustChip

Reaction score
Exactly. Garrett doesnt roster build here.
Maybe not, but I think it’s apparent that his philosophy does impact what they prioritize. Even though he played in the trenches at Arkansas, his history here post-Jimmy is to prioritize offensive skill positions over the trenches because they’re flashier and sell tickets.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Do you consider Landry a good coach? Garrett’s 1 playoff win bests the last 7 years of Landry which was 0-2 in playoffs. I’m not saying Garrett is in Landry’s league, just pointing out the fallacy of the 1 playoff win critique.
Again with the Landry comparison. A lot of people thought Landry had lost it his last few years here. At least he deserved some benefit of the doubt. What has Garrett won here for us to be patient that he'll finally be a good coach?

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't know when accountability and results became too much to ask?
:huh:

When you're making money either way, you don't really have to meet any expectations. It's a win/win without actually winning anything.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah, it does actually.

#19 - You will not post fake, false or wild rumors or news.
I'm not defending him, trust me but isn't that kind of unrealistic? I mean, there are tons of things I've seen, heard, read etc and wouldn't spend the time finding it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you're making money either way, you don't really have to meet any expectations. It's a win/win without actually winning anything.

And Big and Little Enos at the top can't lose their "jobs", no matter how badly they perform. That must be so liberating.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Ok, I have a proposition with the whole of CZ. If we win 2 playoff games this year, I will let @Idgit rename my username to anything Garrett-centric he wants.

Examples could be: GarrettIsMyDaddy, GarrettIsLife, GarrettGOATCoach, WillYouMarryMeJG, RidingTheRedRocket etc (Idg is far wittier than myself, so I'm sure he can come up with a doozer) :)

And I will do the name switch when @WoodysGirl opens the board for name changes. I will then keep whatever wretched name my pal Idgit chooses until WG re-opens for name changes yet again after that. So this would be like a year minimum of said username. It will have been worth it in the grand scheme of things, so I will take solace in that. :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not defending him, trust me but isn't that kind of unrealistic? I mean, there are tons of things I've seen, heard, read etc and wouldn't spend the time finding it.

Then don't make false claims about things you can't or won't support. If this forum suddenly turns into a place where people can say and claim whatever nonsense they want, free of truth, it's essentially worthless. And very much why Forum Rule #19 is in place.

I don't want to see the best Cowboys forum on the internet soiled and degraded while some people think they can post whatever baseless nonsense they come up with. This is a great place and I'd like to see it stay that way.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Again with the Landry comparison. A lot of people thought Landry had lost it his last few years here. At least he deserved some benefit of the doubt. What has Garrett won here for us to be patient that he'll finally be a good coach?
Well, I know the go to is "It was an expansion team" - but what about the beginning of Landry's coaching career? Took him 7 seasons to even get to the playoffs. Apples to Oranges, I know but fans would lose their minds if they were there.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, I have a proposition with the whole of CZ. If we win 2 playoff games this year, I will let @Idgit rename my username to anything Garrett-centric he wants.

Examples could be: GarrettIsMyDaddy, GarrettIsLife, GarrettGOATCoach, WillYouMarryMeJG, RidingTheRedRocket etc

And I will do the name switch when @WoodysGirl opens the board for name changes. I will then keep whatever wretched name my pal Idgit chooses until WG re-opens for name changes yet again after that. So this would be like a year minimum of said username. It will have been worth it in the grand scheme of things, so I will take solace in that. :)

Careful my friend. Remember me being stuck with that smiling Garrett avatar?

That wasn't good for anybody!
:facepalm: