Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Then don't make false claims about things you can't or won't support. If this forum suddenly turns into a place where people can say and claim whatever nonsense they want, free of truth, it's essentially worthless. And very much why Forum Rule #19 is in place.

I don't want to see the best Cowboys forum on the internet soiled and degraded while some people think they can post whatever baseless nonsense they come up with. This is a great place and I'd like to see it stay that way.
Umm, it doesn't make it false bud. You suggest it is.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Careful my friend. Remember me being stuck with that smiling Garrett avatar?

That wasn't good for anybody!
:facepalm:
Your bet is actually what gave me the idea, Stash :D

Yeah, that avatar was painful, brother. LOL

Big_D

Reaction score
And Big and Little Enos at the top can't lose their "jobs", no matter how badly they perform. That must be so liberating.

They probably drink heavily and laugh heartily about this!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Umm, it doesn't make it false bud. You suggest it is.

Umm, if it's unsupported, it's false. Maybe people making up whatever **** they want and passing it off as true is OK with you. It isn't here.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
So like I said, be careful. If you suffer, we all suffer

Though I would like to see @Idgit stuck with a "Garrett Sucks" username for a while...
My bet is one-sided. I'm the only one changing my name if JG wins two playoff games this year. Idg is off the hook :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My bet is one-sided. I'm the only one changing my name if JG wins two playoff games this year. Idg is off the hook :)

Then forget it! That a lose-lose scenario. To have a bet, both sides need to risk something.
:thumbdown:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Then forget it! That a lose-lose scenario. To have a bet, both sides need to risk something.
:thumbdown:
I worded it as a "proposition" rather than a bet. As much as I would love to eat massive crow (putting my words into action), I just don't think it will happen. And I am notoriously optimistic when appropriate. I've been called a homer numerous times here lol :)

Maybe no one will remember and I can keep my username and the two playoff wins :D

JustChip

Reaction score
T
Again with the Landry comparison. A lot of people thought Landry had lost it his last few years here. At least he deserved some benefit of the doubt. What has Garrett won here for us to be patient that he'll finally be a good coach?

True on the perception of the last Landry years, but that was more based on the fact that the team was trending down with 3 straight losing seasons culminating in 3-13 in 1988. You can’t say that about Garrett’s years.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Do you consider Landry a good coach? Garrett’s 1 playoff win bests the last 7 years of Landry which was 0-2 in playoffs. I’m not saying Garrett is in Landry’s league, just pointing out the fallacy of the 1 playoff win critique.

Let’s compare apples to apples.

9 head coaches still have their job since Garrett became the full time HC in 2011:
6 have won Super Bowls and 7 have appeared in the Super Bowl. Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett are the odd men out.

JustChip

Reaction score
Let’s compare apples to apples.

9 head coaches still have their job since Garrett became the full time HC in 2011:
6 have won Super Bowls and 7 have appeared in the Super Bowl. Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett are the odd men out.

And none of those 6 have coached for this organization. You can not compare between organizations - only within the structure of your own organization and goals set for you by your leadership. The only valid comparison between organizations is at the GM level which is a failure here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And none of those 6 have coached for this organization. You can not compare between organizations - only within the structure of your own organization and goals set for you by your leadership. The only valid comparison between organizations is at the GM level which is a failure here.

Oh brother...
:facepalm:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, I have a proposition with the whole of CZ. If we win 2 playoff games this year, I will let @Idgit rename my username to anything Garrett-centric he wants.

Examples could be: GarrettIsMyDaddy, GarrettIsLife, GarrettGOATCoach, WillYouMarryMeJG, RidingTheRedRocket etc (Idg is far wittier than myself, so I'm sure he can come up with a doozer) :)

And I will do the name switch when @WoodysGirl opens the board for name changes. I will then keep whatever wretched name my pal Idgit chooses until WG re-opens for name changes yet again after that. So this would be like a year minimum of said username. It will have been worth it in the grand scheme of things, so I will take solace in that. :)

I find "RidingTheRedRocket" really disturbing for some reason.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Umm, if it's unsupported, it's false. Maybe people making up whatever **** they want and passing it off as true is OK with you. It isn't here.
It would be different if it was obvious it was made up, but I think it's a touch unrealistic to demand everything be proven as fact.
I think the crowd that is always crying "prove it" is silly, but that's just me.

You must keep every receipt you've ever been given, lol.