Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be different if it was obvious it was made up, but I think it's a touch unrealistic to demand everything be proven as fact.
I think the crowd that is always crying "prove it" is silly, but that's just me.

You must keep every receipt you've ever been given, lol.

I just don't let bull**** slide. If someone claims something - myself included - it needs to be supported with facts. Otherwise, it and anyone trying to spread it is lying.

Again, do you think the Forum Rules are a joke?

JustChip

Reaction score
Oh brother...
:facepalm:

Ok, so Garrett needs to be fired because so and so won a Super Bowl and he hasn’t? The question is has he performed to the expectation of his boss? Yes? Then why should his boss fire him? If you perform to the expectations of your boss, should you be fired? Me thinks not - your boss should be fired if the results aren’t what the organization requires.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I just don't let bull**** slide. If someone claims something - myself included - it needs to be supported with facts. Otherwise, it and anyone trying to spread it is lying.

I think the rule is in place to eliminate folks from posting things like "Romo gets arrested." - to draw clicks, not to demand every claim is proven. The rule would be broken in every thread if that were the case.

I remember a ton of things that factually happened, it doesn't mean I have to supply you with a reference for knowing and/or remembering something you don't.

Haimerej

Reaction score

Support these claims or find yourself in violation of rule 19-

Exactly.

A week after Parcells retired. Bill Parcells, who chased away the sycophants and hangers on that Jones continued to employ. Guys like Larry Lacewell and Wade Wilson. And guys like Jason Garrett. Parcells is what prevented Jones from hiring Garrett even earlier. And as soon as he was out of the picture, all of these same guys weaseled their way back into the picture.

It appears you're referring to Wade as someone who was, "chased away." Perhaps you were just calling him a sycophant. Either way, Rule 19 is not to be toyed with.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, so Garrett needs to be fired because so and so won a Super Bowl and he hasn’t? The question is has he performed to the expectation of his boss? Yes? Then why should his boss fire him? If you perform to the expectations of your boss, should you be fired? Me thinks not - your boss should be fired if the results aren’t what the organization requires.

How does "the boss" get fired when he's the owner?

Any other ridiculous apples to oranges comparisons you want to try to make while you're digging yourself this hole?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

It appears you're referring to Wade as someone who was, "chased away." Perhaps you were just calling him a sycophant. Either way, Rule 19 is not to be toyed with.
Huh?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It appears you're referring to Wade as someone who was, "chased out." Perhaps you were just calling him a sycophant. Either way, Rule 19 is not to be toyed with.

Wade Wilson was sent out the door when Bill Parcells came in. He returned from exile only after Parcells left town. Do you want to dispute my facts? Just say so.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Wade Wilson was sent out the door when Bill Parcells came in. He returned from exile only after Parcells left town. Do you want to dispute my facts? Just say so.

Prove he was a sycophant. Rule 19 demands evidence.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I thought we were policing each other now. We not doing that?
I don't understand how "policing" has anything to do with your post. Snark, sure, but it didn't make much sense. How does Rule 19 have anything to do with what Stash was posting?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the rule is in place to eliminate folks from posting things like "Romo gets arrested." - to draw clicks, not to demand every claim is proven. The rule would be broken in every thread if that were the case.

I remember a ton of things that factually happened, it doesn't mean I have to supply you with a reference for knowing and/or remembering something you don't.

So because you think you remember something happening that should be "good enough" for people to take your word for it? No, sorry, doesn't work that way. If you want to claim something as fact, be prepared to back it up.

The guy you're trying to defend claimed something and couldn't support his claim when questioned on it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prove he was a sycophant. Rule 19 demands evidence.

Really? You're going to try this lame **** now?

Pathetic.

Dispute the facts that Wilson was sent out of town while Parcells was here or shut up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Maybe not, but I think it’s apparent that his philosophy does impact what they prioritize. Even though he played in the trenches at Arkansas, his history here post-Jimmy is to prioritize offensive skill positions over the trenches because they’re flashier and sell tickets.

Ill never forget the day many years back when he was OC and Jones asked him who he wanted to pick and he said "felix Jones". Said everything all right there. Garrett is a finesse, offensive minded guy. His first Oline redo was all finesse types. How long did it take him to figure out that he needed a great run game?

Haimerej

Reaction score
I don't understand how "policing" has anything to do with your post. Snark, sure, but it didn't make much sense. How does Rule 19 have anything to do with what Stash was posting?

I'm just poking fun at this notion of citing that rule in this discussion. I'm not defending Greg or anything, I like to think I played a role in his coming here when the old board was up and running, but citing a rule and demanding evidence for every claim is a bit tedious. Sometimes people can just see things differently. There's an awful lot of what I interpret as looking for fights on this forum.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So because you think you remember something happening that should be "good enough" for people to take your word for it? No, sorry, doesn't work that way. If you want to claim something as fact, be prepared to back it up.

The guy you're trying to defend claimed something and couldn't support his claim when questioned on it.
Try again, I never said that. I never said "think I know."
I clearly said "remembering something that factually happened. What about that is so hard to understand that you have to make up things you suggest I said?

It's ridiculously silly to suggest that I have to "prove" to you if I remember something that actually is a fact but don't have the time or don't care enough to dig around for the evidence.

And, Again, I'm not defending him! I simply think it's unrealistic to apply that forum rule to everything fans here suggest and are questioned on. Seriously.