Why did we bench Tony Romo for Dak

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Ya after winning the SB with the team we had

Which even if the Cowboys had decided to let Romo finish the 2016 season, wouldn't have happened without Dak coming in and keeping the team afloat while Romo was hurt. Thing is I wonder whether or not if Romo had won the Superbowl that season, would all of the credit be given to him and none to Dak for how he played in 2016.

raw2war

Reaction score
You breathed on Tony and he was injured. At the time it was an easy decision. The problem was going all in with Dak without a plan B.

blueblood70

Reaction score
well its not all dak it s and offense and it starts with SL and then Garett..SL has to be let go and anyone has to be play calling to at least light fire under the team..last 11 games offense stinks its painful to watch..after that 3 games in if Dak still looks bad trying to complete so e of the easy passes hes missing to Zeke etc, he has to eb benched,,how much do we lose with Rush/White? im being serious, I want more then anyone for Dak to succeed but its more important to me that my TEAM< doesnt implode..

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh. You don’t remember that?

Sure i do. Do you remeber the rest of his career? LOL, and in 2010 in those 1st 6 games (not including the 6th game where he got hurt) he threw for 282, 374, 284, 406 and 220, you really want to compare him to Dak? Go ahead i will be here to discuss it with you

Legend

Reaction score
Look Dak can hit wide open receivers on passes beyond 5 yards. I.e., Tavon Austin against Giants.

The current Cowboys lack a top notch WR and TE. I.e., individuals who can get wide open on their own.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was it a power struggle between coaches and Romo or was it really talent difference between Dak and Romo.

Since we are seeing who real Dak is. We lost an opportunity in NFCCG/SB during 2014 season. How come coaches couldn't see what kind of QB we had.

Seriously are you an idiot? The guy broke a bone the last 3 times he stepped on a football field.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Which even if the Cowboys had decided to let Romo finish the 2016 season, wouldn't have happened without Dak coming in and keeping the team afloat while Romo was hurt. Thing is I wonder whether or not if Romo had won the Superbowl that season, would all of the credit be given to him and none to Dak for how he played in 2016.
Nobody knows but i will go to my grave believing we be the Packers if Romo was our QB that day

hairic

Reaction score
Ownership publicly questioned the coaching with the split being 3-1 with Romo vs 1-11 without in 2015. Ownership made Romo's success a threat to the coaches. Any success not attributed to Romo was fully in the best interest of the coaches. At best, they had nothing to gain by playing him and at worst lose credit. Easy self-interested decision when your job is being questioned publicly like that to get that guy out of there at the first opportunity.

If it makes you feel better, there could be an alternate universe where Dallas puts Romo back in, trades Dak for two firsts, and drafts Mahomes with those picks in 2017. You just don't get to experience it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sure i do. Do you remeber the rest of his career? LOL, and in 2010 in those 1st 6 games (not including the 6th game where he got hurt) he thru for 282, 374, 284, 406 and 220, you really want to compare him to Dak? Go ahead i will be here to discuss it with you
*threw

dfense

Reaction score
Romo hasn't been any further than Dak in the playoffs. What exactly would have Romo done?
The difference is, The Cowboys had a dominant running attack Daks rookie year. The online was performing at its peak. Romo (up until the injuries) was also playing the best he has in years. Having a rookie go into the playoffs was a mistake. I'm not saying they would have beaten GB, but they would have had a better chance. It's crazy people dont see that. There are so many passes Romo can throw that Dak can't. Dak can't throw a screen worth a damn for crying out loud.

It really doesn't matter now. Daks an obvious weak link. Third year and he's no better at any level. Hes not growing. Cut your loses. Imagine if they gave him 80 million already. My god!

13 games left of the Dak experiment.