Why do People Keep Saying that we have the Talent?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Green Bay could be an up and coming team . The youngest team in the playoffs.

They won their last 6 of 8 games while their QB was second in TD’s.

They attacked and exposed our weaknesses like most of the better teams we faced this season.

Did we play poorly. Yes but how much of what they did impact how we played. Better teams seem to cause us to play poorly.

We weren’t playing our best ball in December. They were. So perhaps the argument can be made at that time they were the better team.
Look man say what ever you want. My whole family is packers fans and they were just hoping the Packers wouldn’t get blown out. They wanted their coaching staff fired after losing to the giants and Bucs 3-4 weeks ago. The packers were definitely not playing their best ball either Carolina scored 30 on them lol.

Tell yourself whatever you need to make yourself feel better.

Another huge myth “ you have to be playing your best ball” and the end of the season. That’s been debunked over and over. 2012 ravens 1-4 in their last 5 games and that’s just one example. You just need to get in and not choke like the Cowboys do.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Look man say what ever you want. My whole family is packers fans and they were just hoping the Packers wouldn’t get blown out. They wanted their coaching staff fired after losing to the giants and Bucs 3-4 weeks ago. The packers were definitely not playing their best ball either Carolina scored 30 on them lol.

Tell yourself whatever you need to make yourself feel better.

Another huge myth “ you have to be playing your best ball” and the end of the season. That’s been debunked over and over. 2012 ravens 1-4 in their last 5 games and that’s just one example. You just need to get in and not choke like the Cowboys do.
I don’t agree. I’m not saying we didn’t choke and you’re ignoring the fact the Packers were playing well down the stretch overall winning 6 of 8. We weren’t. Both of those facts have been noted.

The impact heading into the playoffs can be argued but the same can be said for Egirls and Dolphins who weren’t playing well heading into playoffs and were blown out as well.

These are trends which can be supported.

And none of this makes me feel better. I’m an ardent critic and cynic of the Cowboys. We were over hyped all year blowing out under .500 teams while losing mostly to better teams.

Last edited:

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I don’t agree. I’m not saying we didn’t choke and you’re ignoring the fact the Packers were playing well down the stretch overall winning 6 of 8. We weren’t. Both of those facts have been noted.

The impact heading into the playoffs can be argued but the same can be said for Egirls and Dolphins who weren’t playing well heading into playoffs and were blown out as well.

These are trends which can be supported.

And none of this makes me feel better. I’m an ardent critic and cynic of the Cowboys. We were over hyped all year blowing out under .500 teams while losing mostly to better teams.
Cowboys were literally 7-2 in their last 9 games lol. Again , Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better. Self therapy is okay.

GB was TRASH lost to the Giants less than a month ago.

Just admit the Cowboys completely choked

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys were literally 7-2 in their last 9 games lol. Again , Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better. Self therapy is okay.
We lost 2 of our last 4. And Detroit gave us one of the wins.

We wouldn't have won division if Egirls hadn’t collapsed . And Lions stupidly gave us the 2 seed.

We had some momentum after beating Egirls but stumbled badly in December.

I haven’t felt better about the Cowboys in almost 3 decades but the weaknesses this Cowboys team had was exposed like most of the better teams we faced.

That doesn’t mean the Cowboys didn’t choke but some credit should be given to Packers as well. They exploited our weaknesses . It can be one and the same.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
We lost 2 of our last 4. And Detroit gave us one of the wins.

We wouldn't have won division if Egirls hadn’t collapsed . And Lions stupidly gave us the 2 seed.

We had some momentum after beating Egirls but stumbled badly in December.

I haven’t felt better about the Cowboys in almost 3 decades but the weaknesses this Cowboys team had was exposed like most of the better teams we faced.

That doesn’t mean the Cowboys didn’t choke but some credit should be given to Packers as well. They exploited our weaknesses .
Had the exact same record as the 1st seed 49ers. When you are the better team and lose to a lesser team espiecially at home that is called a choke job.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Had the exact same record as the 1st seed 49ers. When you are the better team and lose to a lesser team espiecially at home that is called a choke job.
Actually we call them upsets. That’s a lazy analysis. Much more goes into the evaluation of how teams win or lose the game.

But if you want to stick to media type talking points instead of detailed analysis that’s your prerogative.

Upsets happen. Especially in NFL where lesser teams take it to teams which are favored.

Calling the Cowboys chokers without any other supporting analysis and detailed information takes any credit away from everything Green Bay did taking it to us exposing our weaknesses.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
I still feel that this is where the Joneses' cheap FA approach hurts us as much as anything. Fixing one or two spots with top-line free agents can put you over the top, as long as you choose well. For example, the Packers realized when McCarthy was fired that they needed to fix their defense so it paid good money to bring in a few players, including Preston Smith, who has been a key addition on defense.

That doesn't mean you don't have to do well drafting or finding some cheap parts to fill slots, but not signing top FAs because of the expense handicaps you. Those one or two players can be the difference between winning and losing.

Now, we lost before the Joneses went cheap in FA and they used to spend big in FA to no avail, but that just shows the necessity of all areas of roster building. They used to pretty much treat the draft as an afterthought. That changed with Parcells, but then they got all cheap in FA because a couple turned out to be bad deals.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I still feel that this is where the Joneses' cheap FA approach hurts us as much as anything. Fixing one or two spots with top-line free agents can put you over the top, as long as you choose well. For example, the Packers realized when McCarthy was fired that they needed to fix their defense so it paid good money to bring in a few players, including Preston Smith, who has been a key addition on defense.

That doesn't mean you don't have to do well drafting or finding some cheap parts to fill slots, but not signing top FAs because of the expense handicaps you. Those one or two players can be the difference between winning and losing.

Now, we lost before the Joneses went cheap in FA and they used to spend big in FA to no avail, but that just shows the necessity of all areas of roster building. They used to pretty much treat the draft as an afterthought. That changed with Parcells, but then they got all cheap in FA because a couple turned out to be bad deals.
We have made some attempts in draft to address these weaknesses on defense but have missed on early draft picks in recent years which could have shored up the middle of our defense.

Not to mention our obsession with drafting TE’s early in draft when we had greater needs.

And offensively we over evaluated our RB position which was probably biggest mistake and didn’t shore up OL.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
NFL needs the biggest fan base to believe its team is going to the SB every year. Crazy thing is half our fans believe it, then always blame the QB.

conner01

Reaction score
Dallas is not a talented team. Only football novices who don't pay attention to the games claim Dallas has lots of talent.

Dallas has the following:

One of the worst linebacker cores in the N.F.L

Average safeties

Zero Oline depth

Below average dline

No talented defensive tackles

Can't stop the run on the edge or in the middle

One of the worst middle of the field defenses in the N.F.L.

Can' run the ball

QB who wilts under pressure in big games

Below average wide receivers

No true #2 wide receiver

Average tight ends

This untalented bunch struggles with any team with a pulse above .500.
Football novices like the writers who put so many on the all pro roster

FVSTONE

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Maybe we do have the players, the real issue is they're all " ME " players........... We stuck with a BAD TEAM, BAD COACHING and a LOUSY OWNER!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We all see how we get handled by the better teams. Not sure why everyone doesn’t see our weaknesses.

That doesn’t mean we don’t have some talent. And enough to beat most of the league compiling double digit wins.

But our weaknesses are exposed. Usually by just the better teams but occasionally if we are off then lesser teams can expose us as well.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I don't think he's saying the team needs all-pros. What they need is depth and we don't have it.
And lots of teams have depth issues. The OP said that he wasn’t seeing the talent. Perhaps it could have been presented as depth target positions for 2024

Staubacher

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

You can only have so much talent when the salad cap is so top heavy

Kwyn

Reaction score
There's the go-to answer.
Now, have you checked the other super bowl contenders? We have only a few players who would even make their team. So get out of here w/ that trashy statement: "Can't have all pro across the board." That statement is not relevant to this discussion.
Ok. If you say so. You’ve listed a bunch of depth and bench players roles and said “

“Why do People Keep Saying that we have the Talent?”​

Maybe tone down the hyperbole and say what you mean instead of trying to come across like you’re trashjnt the roster.

No NFL roster is perfect and even the contenders for the SB have weaknesses.