Why hasn't Dez signed yet

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I saw someone opine on twitter that Dez is in no rush to sign anywhere either as he won't feel obligated to workout with is new team right now and possibly even miss voluntary workouts in mid to late May.

I am not sure if that's a good thing for him though.

LOL, fits his attitude to a T. Buyer beware. You would think Dez would sign and get to learning that playbook ASAP

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We're all speculating, and mine says it took a while for the inner circle to convince Jerry. He clearly likes Dez and it wouldn't be the first time his feelings clouded a business decision in Dallas.
It was said that JG was actually the last guy to get on board.

A lot suggest it was bad timing, but for who? They tried to get Watkins and it didn't work out, so they kept Dez not knowing if they could find another guy. I don't see this as anything but a business decision. The franchise has done plenty to help Dez along in the past, they don't owe him anything really.

Cap12

Reaction score
It was said that JG was actually the last guy to get on board.

A lot suggest it was bad timing, but for who? They tried to get Watkins and it didn't work out, so they kept Dez not knowing if they could find another guy. I don't see this as anything but a business decision. The franchise has done plenty to help Dez along in the past, they don't owe him anything really.
That was because the last time he saw a proven offensive player go out the door he finished 9-7, out of the playoffs and back on the hot-seat, lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That was because the last time he saw a proven offensive player go out the door he finished 9-7, out of the playoffs and back on the hot-seat, lol.
What did Dez prove in the last few years?

Cap12

Reaction score
LOL, fits his attitude to a T. Buyer beware. You would think Dez would sign and get to learning that playbook ASAP
The Giants recently cut Brandon Marshall (flunked a physical, I guess), so I wouldn't be surprised if Dez didn't make his promise to see us twice next year come true. He could always play for a make or break contract and then name his price if he plays well.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What happened to that route guru guy he was supposed to be learning all this stuff from?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its been almost a week now and he hasn't signed anywhere, it sounded to me like an NFC East team was all but ready to get him when he said he looks forward to playing us twice a year.

He also hasn't visited with any team either.

thoughts?

I think the people that thought teams would be fighting over him have seen the reality of his value. I guess there is not a huge market for a guy that causes 5 ints per season when passes deflect off his hands.

Cap12

Reaction score
Seriously, this team will be okay at WR regardless if we can draft one or not. I will require Linehan to open Dak up to more options and for Zeke to increase his workload, but as long as Ty Smith stays healthy, we can be decent on offense. The bigger issue remains on the other side of the football.

Cap12

Reaction score
That was... informative. Thanks.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Dez had a mediocre season. Part of that is on the QB and the lack of cohesiveness on the OL (and the RB's suspension). Dez can and will likely be successful elsewhere.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Dez had a mediocre season. Part of that is on the QB and the lack of cohesiveness on the OL (and the RB's suspension). Dez can and will likely be successful elsewhere.
Wouldn't surprise me. I was wondering if he was really trying to get better at route running, or did he give up on that when he got released.

Cap12

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me. I was wondering if he was really trying to get better at route running, or did he give up on that when he got released.
I would hope that he would always want to improve his game, but now that he's not on our team anymore I'm not as invested in hoping he improves, lol.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's over in the " breaking news" forum,,,, he's yuk-ing it up and playing football catch with OBJ up in N.Y. as of yesterday & that one receiver on the GNATS roster that tweeted out to DEZ saying that the inn was full up/ no vacancies there,mysteriously got cut a day or two ago,,,o_O

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
It's over in the " breaking news" forum,,,, he's yuk-ing it up and playing football catch with OBJ up in N.Y. as of yesterday & that one receiver on the GNATS roster that tweeted out to DEZ saying that the inn was full up/ no vacancies there,mysteriously got cut a day or two ago,,,o_O

Who cares, it will be a train wreck if he signs with NYG. I hope they do sign him...I welcome that implosion

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're all speculating, and mine says it took a while for the inner circle to convince Jerry. He clearly likes Dez and it wouldn't be the first time his feelings clouded a business decision in Dallas.

I still wouldn't consider any of that a good move either.

You make decisions on NFL time, not when you get around to it after your vacation.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think the people that thought teams would be fighting over him have seen the reality of his value. I guess there is not a huge market for a guy that causes 5 ints per season when passes deflect off his hands.

Yeah, cause that happened more than 1 season!